Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stefschen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 1:13:33 AM(UTC)
stefschen

Hello everyone, I have two problems: first of all, I can't transfer morph targets from NGG9 or HD-Nippels (both from 3feetwolf) to the Unreal Engine. Secondly, I have problems with the shapes. The attachments are overlaid by the G9 character. I've tried everything: Fit, Parent, Re-Parent, Merge Geometry... Nothing works properly. Either I have the G9 char overlapping or the attachment isn't there at all or, if I hide the polygons, I see a gap between the char and the attachments. Maybe someone has a working workflow for me. thanks in advance

radiogeek  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 12:14:57 PM(UTC)
radiogeek

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

So, purchased both NGG 9 and HD-Nipples. NGG 9 runs fine on my Mac, however HD-Nipples, attempts to create textures and fails. Any suggestions to fix?

Radiogeek

radiogeek  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 12:20:53 PM(UTC)
radiogeek

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

So, took a deeper look at what errors were occurring in script, it seems it is error in creating folder. It creates a textures.app instead. I removed the .app file, and manually made a textures folder, and it ran the script.

Radiogeek

thanks 1 user thanked radiogeek for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 11/21/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 3:04:11 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I found a preliminary workflow that exports the character along with the gens as an FBX file, and in other software (I don't have Unreal, just use trial version of CC4) the FBX file can be imported correctly without losing the gens Materials and Textures:
1. Load your character, apply NGG9 to the character, then go to the Parameters panel and set her people morph to 0.
2. With your character selected, open the Tool Settings panel and switch to the Geometry Editor.
3. Right-click the mouse in the Viewport, select ‘Geometry Editing > Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry’ in the pop-up menu, and then select ‘Yes’ in the confirmation dialog box.
4. After a while, you will see that daz studio merged NGG9 and other props, such as eyes and mouth, onto the character, and retained a backup of these props in the scene. You can keep these backups or delete them.
5. Next you just need to simply export an fbx and then import it in CC4. If you kept the backups of the props in the previous step, these backups will also be imported into CC4.
6. In CC4, we can see that NGG9's material is consistent with the character's skin, and its textures are correct.

There are some unresolved issues with this approach:
1. You need to set the character's people morph to 0, which will cause the character to lose her shape. I haven't found a solution yet.
2. Perhaps due to the trial version, I was unable to test the characters and gens morphs after importing them to CC4, and I don’t know whether the backup of the props in the fourth step has any impact on the export results. If you are interested in this issue, you can do further testing on your side.