Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bumper2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 5:17:22 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

I've been bouncing around on projects lately, but one of the things I've been doing is expanding on 'Kissa' scenes in my 'The Squad' series. Here's the thing - Kissa is middle eastern. I don't know her ancestry in my mind. In my headcanon she's either American or British. I saw a sexy model, adapted and changed it, and decided to add her to The Squad. I personally believe everyone can be beautiful and sexual, not in spite of, but because of our physical differences. Attractive is attractive!

Here's the thing though: I don't feel comfortable uploading my artwork of her right now with the current conflict in Israel. There are horrible things going on there, things that make me truly sick to my stomach. I primarily do CNC and torture fantasy art. To upload a middle eastern woman being raped and tortured feels like I'm trying to make a statement - which I'm not. I make these things to live out fantasies I would never commit, not even want to commit.

In the past I've made pictures that I've deemed to racist to upload. Not that that was in my mind when I made them, but looking at them afterwards made it feel like it would come across that way. I have no problem being political (for instance this about Nicki Minaj) but draw the line at rascism and war crimes.

I guess my question is: how do you measure when it's too far? What classifies something as something you won't upload or comment on because it hits to close to actual things? When is it too real?

thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 10/11/2023(UTC)
davo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2023 5:37:02 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 165 post(s)
I think as long as your within the TOS, you are fine. We all have preferences as to what kind of body type and look we like. I don't have anything against blacks, but don't generally use them in my images because they aren't my appetite. If you aren't overt with iconography such as flags or ethnic symbols in your work, I'd say you be you and do what you'd like. If you feel it's appropriate not to use ethnic looking women right now, that is purely your choice and nobody will fault you.

Just my thoughts.
thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 10/10/2023(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 9:08:36 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Ey Bumper,

I feel ya, and sometimes I'm having the same issues.

Thing is.. I strongly believe in intent and perception. Is your intend to shock and throw the figurative fuel on the fire or... are you trying to make erotic / violent-erotic scenes with the idea to arouse vs. upset? I think it's obvious enough considering your post.

A little consideration goes a long way of course but at the same time I think it's also important not to overdo it because, with all due respect, there's always some nastiness going on somewhere on the world.

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 10/15/2023(UTC)
Redsup  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 8:48:04 PM(UTC)
Redsup

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'd go with Davo.
Do what you feel, if it seems wrong, skip it. I also do primarily bondage images, and there are a few of my own that I've not posted because they just felt over the line, so I understand where you're coming from.
The Curator of Downworld.
thanks 1 user thanked Redsup for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 10/15/2023(UTC)
Bumper2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 1:57:16 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

Thanks everyone for the perspectives. I try to make art that's interesting and erotic for people and also for myself. I try to make it ethical, however (as ethical as fantasy rape and torture can be). To me, that means never including things that directly link to real world atrocities. I'd never make anything nazi related, and though I do a fair amount of black women in bondage I'd never make anything overtly connected to American slavery. I know horrible things happen everyday in the world, and if I tried to be mindful of everything I'd never be able to do anything. My artwork is equal opportunity victimization and domination but I don't want my current intent to become overshadowed by incorrect perception.

thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 10/16/2023(UTC)