Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hokaida  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2023 3:26:42 AM(UTC)
hokaida

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with pubic hair asset for NGV8. Before, I could use presets for pubic hair for each model separately but now when I apply one preset on 1 model, the same preset applies to other model(s) as well. When I load an older scene, where models had different pubic hair presets, I can still alter them separately without any interference with other model's NGV8 pubic hair but now whenever I make a new scene and try applying different presets for individual models, all NGV8s take on the same preset for some reason. Do you have any idea what could be causing that and/or how to fix it? 

Many thanks!

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2023 5:45:14 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Hi, sorry just saw your email. P hair for ng8 has not been modified for a long time. I am not sure what went wrong for the time being. I'll test it out and will get back to you as soon as possible.
3feetwolf  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2023 10:16:13 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
I reproduced the problem you encountered in my daz studio. The reason for this should be the way daz studio handles homologous nodes. For example, all p hair nodes are clones. They originate from the same dsf file and share geometry data in memory. So when the script edits the geometry data of a p hair node, this change will also be reflected on other p hair nodes. So the problem you see arises.
I found a workaround:
1. Apply ng8 and p hair to a character, then modify the p hair until you are satisfied.
2. Select p hair in the scene panel, and then select "Edit > Scene Identification..." in the context menu of the scene panel.
3. Change the Node Name and Node Label of p hair to other names in the scene Identification window. Please note that after doing this, it will be very troublesome for you to modify the p hair. So first make sure it's already what you want it to be.
4. Apply ng8 and p hair to another character. At this time, for the second p hair, you can modify it normally, and it will not affect the p hair we created in the first step.
This method has been tested in my daz studio, if you have any questions or problems when using this method please let me know.
hokaida  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2023 1:36:54 PM(UTC)
hokaida

Hi,

I'm a bit confused with the step #3. With ''to other names in the scene Identification window'' are you referring to the Scene ID box in the very same window as Scene Identification window? And if so, am I supposed to copy the whole line and replace the stock names with this copied one?

Also a bit curious as to why customizing P.hair on individual model worked fine before but doesn't now, haha, as I have mentioned, loading an older scene and customizing it there seems fine.

Thanks for the dedicating the time to help me out. I appreciate it as I'm fairly new to DAZ and all of this stuff is very confusing, haha. 

3feetwolf  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2023 9:06:56 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Sorry I didn't describe it clearly. What I mean is changing the Node Name and Node Label to anything other than their original names. For example, the Node Name is usually "Pubic Hair for NGV8_414656". You can change it to "Pubic Hair 1" or any other name, as long as it is different from its original name.

"why customizing P.hair on individual model worked fine before", I'm curious about this as well, but I don't have a previously saved scene on hand so I can't test it :-p
hokaida  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2023 8:13:13 AM(UTC)
hokaida

Hi, sorry for late response.

Unfortunately your method doesn't work for me either. I followed the instructions and renamed the first Phair but both P hairs changed when I altered the second model. Perhaps this thing might help you identify what's up with it. When I used the preset on second model, the hidden path box in the parameters window shows the correct path(?) ie I used preset 4 and it shows preset 4, but on the first model, the hidden path shows preset 7 even though in the viewport it shows preset 4. In other words, the both appearances changed to the preset 4 even though first model should have preset 7. Should I reinstall both NGV8 and Phair for NGV8 to see if it helps?

3feetwolf  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2023 9:42:21 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi, Please try this:
After modifying NodeName and NodeLabel in step 3, save the scene, then load this scene, and then go to step 4. This should be able to solve the problem.
hokaida  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2023 10:14:20 AM(UTC)
hokaida

Happy to report it worked! And also for my own curiosity, if I saved the scene even without renaming the Phair, loaded the scene and then applied step4, I was able to alter both Phairs without any issue. Perhaps the issue lied in the saving process from the beginning but I don't have the skills to confirm that for sure. Anyway, I'm really thankful for your assistance with helping me solve this issue. Love your products and the product support! :) 

thanks 1 user thanked hokaida for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 9/26/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2023 8:57:46 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Ah ha, yes, I did that too. So the final conclusion is that we can apply p hair to one character first, then save the scene and load the scene, and then apply p hair to another character. In this way, the two p hairs can be modified separately. Thanks for your feedback :-)
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
hokaida on 9/27/2023(UTC)