Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrpurple32  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2023 7:04:09 PM(UTC)
mrpurple32

All of a sudden for either G8F or G8M futalicious, golden palace, and dicktator have stopped fitting to default or modified characters. Along with that the mat copy and geoshells have stopped working. I did have a configuration error not long before this happened but it disappeared after i reinstalled daz 4.21, ive even tried reinstalling the items in question but still the same outcome. Any help with this is highly appreciated.

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 1:20:54 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
For the mat copy Id check you're using G8 or G8.1's version.
If Grafts also are not fitting (providing the figure is selected in the scene) and the script additionally not working makes me think that perhaps an active morph or subdivision change was made and saved, overwriting your default G8. (Reset or Reinstalling G8 would fix if overwritten, editing morphs default or zeroing any unintentionally active morph and resaving should reset default morphs on figure)
Might also be as simple as having an editor tool (tool other than node selector) active in viewport while applying.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/23/2023(UTC)
mrpurple32  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 4:45:38 AM(UTC)
mrpurple32

Wow, just checked my tools and mesh grabber was still active even after closing down daz multiple times. Thanks a ton.

TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2023 1:48:59 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mrpurple32 Go to Quoted Post

Wow, just checked my tools and mesh grabber was still active even after closing down daz multiple times. Thanks a ton.

You're welcome.

Yeah, the active tool state is saved with a proper closing of DS, so the tool being used at close will still be active upon re-opening.

Those editor tools (geometry tool, bone editor, mesh grabber, etc) will prevent a correct viewport update, especially for grafts and geoshells.

Good to know it was just the easy version fix and not an erroneous morph or figure bug in the wild.

thanks 2 users thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/23/2023(UTC), Werey on 10/9/2023(UTC)