Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Katsuyaki  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2023 10:26:46 PM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Is 3feetwolf no longer a vendor on this site? I just noticed that all of his (her???) products now have CGBytes listed as the vendor.

Anyways, I've been picking up a few products here and there to round out my original Genesis collection, and one thing I didn't have was 3feetwolf's "New Gens for Victoria 5" (https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/68029_New-Gens-For-Victoria-5), so I finally gave in and picked up a copy. However, despite being marketed for Victoria 5, it doesn't actually support V5's UVs, which means I can't get V5's genital maps to work with it. The only supported UVs are Default UVs, Victoria 4, Aiko 5, Hitomi, and Stephanie 5. I don't have Hitomi, but I can say that the other four presets work. The product page does mention future updates, but did they ever actually happen? The README file was no help, and I can't find a mention of this issue in 3feetwolf's product support thread.

Does anyone know how to get this product to work with Victoria 5's maps? I'd appreciate any help I could get with this.

Thanks...

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2023 10:30:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Twisted_Pencil  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 3:11:36 AM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hi,

There is a texture creator script that comes with some extra UV options and can create mats for the NewGens V5 and V6.

https://www.renderotica....ure-Creator-For-New-Gens

Not used it for a while and I had an issue, if I recall, in which the script would error at the end but only after it had created the mats and it was then just a case of copying the images from the DAZ temp folder to a suitable library locations (named after the character) and applying the images via the Surfaces tab.

Hope this helps.

TP.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 2 users thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
Katsuyaki on 8/18/2023(UTC), 3feetwolf on 8/20/2023(UTC)
Katsuyaki  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 3:16:52 AM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Excellent. Thank you, I'll have to give this a shot.
RangerRabbit  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 10:52:31 AM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Katsuyaki Go to Quoted Post

Is 3feetwolf no longer a vendor on this site? I just noticed that all of his (her???) products now have CGBytes listed as the vendor.

Thanks...

Yes, 3feetwolf is still a vendor on this site. They are still active in the support forums and will still be creating new products. They just recently sold their previous work to CGbytes but is still providing support for them. 

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 2 users thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 8/19/2023(UTC), 3feetwolf on 8/20/2023(UTC)
Katsuyaki  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 9:14:10 PM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Originally Posted by: RangerRabbit Go to Quoted Post

Yes, 3feetwolf is still a vendor on this site. They are still active in the support forums and will still be creating new products. They just recently sold their previous work to CGbytes but is still providing support for them. 

Thanks. It was kind of a surprise to see that. I hate seeing good vendors drop out.

3feetwolf  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2023 7:35:12 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Twisted_Pencil Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

There is a texture creator script that comes with some extra UV options and can create mats for the NewGens V5 and V6.

https://www.renderotica....ure-Creator-For-New-Gens

Not used it for a while and I had an issue, if I recall, in which the script would error at the end but only after it had created the mats and it was then just a case of copying the images from the DAZ temp folder to a suitable library locations (named after the character) and applying the images via the Surfaces tab.

Hope this helps.

TP.
Excellent. Thank you, I'll have to give this a shot.

Hi, 

As I recall some of the old functions of daz script were banded with new ones by daz3d. So the scripts for the older products may run with errors. If you encounter such problem, please email me. 

Katsuyaki  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2023 10:27:17 AM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

As I recall some of the old functions of daz script were banded with new ones by daz3d. So the scripts for the older products may run with errors. If you encounter such problem, please email me. 

Thank you, but I got it to work finally. I don't know what I did, but it works fine with Victoria 5 now using the Default UVs option.

thanks 1 user thanked Katsuyaki for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/21/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 9:43:25 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

Thank you, but I got it to work finally. I don't know what I did, but it works fine with Victoria 5 now using the Default UVs option.

That's great, thank you for the confirmation. : )

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Katsuyaki on 8/21/2023(UTC)