Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
njadas  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 8:29:40 AM(UTC)
njadas

Hi all,

I am using New Gens on G9 characters (Olympia, Victoria & Mayra) and after fully applying New Gens, Iray rendering is stuck at "Updating Section Objects" endlessly. Keep in mind that this happens when selecting the HD version of the character. I've tried to install the bare minimum products to see if its a cross product conflict, and also tried to remove the Gens to confirm that this issue happens when New Gens is applied. I've also reviewed the log and cannot find any indicated issues or errors. Not sure if this is an issue I am only facing or others have had the same experience.

Thanks.

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 10:10:16 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: njadas Go to Quoted Post

Hi all,

I am using New Gens on G9 characters (Olympia, Victoria & Mayra) and after fully applying New Gens, Iray rendering is stuck at "Updating Section Objects" endlessly. Keep in mind that this happens when selecting the HD version of the character. I've tried to install the bare minimum products to see if its a cross product conflict, and also tried to remove the Gens to confirm that this issue happens when New Gens is applied. I've also reviewed the log and cannot find any indicated issues or errors. Not sure if this is an issue I am only facing or others have had the same experience.

Thanks.

Hi, 
This is a problem that often occurs with HD characters. It is usually caused by the number of polygons that need to be rendered in the scene exceeds the upper limit of the system can handle. This upper limit is usually determined by the amount of video memory on your graphics card. When the number of polygons that need to be processed exceeds the upper limit, the rendering process will "freeze".  

So the idea to resolve this problem is to optimize the scene and try to reduce the number of polygons that need to be rendered. 
I'm assuming your scene only has your character and NG9. Then we can make changes from the following two places: 
1. Render SubD Level of the character. 
     Select the character in the scene, double-click the name of the character in the Parameters pane, select "General > Mesh Resolution", and find "Render SubD Level (Minimum)" in the parameter list on the right. 
2. SubD Displacement Level of NG9. 
     Select NG9 in the scene, then go to the Surfaces pane, and select "Genitalia" under New Genitalia for Genesis 9. "SubD Displacement Level" can be found in the parameter list on the right. 

Whenever the rendering is "frozen" (you don't need to wait for hours, just forcibly end the rendering when you wait for a few minutes and find that the rendering window is not updated), we can change the values of the above parameters, assign them smaller values and then render again. We need to keep trying to find the best combination that will ensure that the render will go smoothly while maintaining the quality of the final render.  

Hope my answer can help you. 

njadas  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 11:35:08 AM(UTC)
njadas

Thanks for the provided solution. Its working fine now.