Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dudemanguy47  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 5:27:40 PM(UTC)
Dudemanguy47

Hey folks, I am somewhat new to DAZ Studio but have a bit of experience in 3D and a fair handle on the basics.

My issue is with the recoloring of the genitals in GP_V2.

I am using a standard Genesis 8 figure with default G8F MATs and a fairly normal mody/head morph.

Here's been my workflow:

(With G8F selected)

1. Apply GP_v2 to G8F = ok

2. Run MAT copy = ok

(With GP gens selected)

3. Apply shell = ok

(With shell selected)

4. Apply shell fix = ok

(Then, with GF8, GP_v2, or the shell selected = same problem below)

5. Run color changing script; color changers come up, I select the color and apply to model, it says the colors have been applied, but nothing changes. Just regular skin color on the labia/clitoris etc. :-(

Anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong?
I had a sneaking suspicion that because I don't have the pro pack with the stock DAZ gens that that's causing an issue... yeah? No?
If so, my solution would be to purchase the V8 Pro bundle or whatever, yeah?
that seems silly though because the script just recolors the GP gens doesn't it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... I need labia colored labia! lol

Thanks for your time.

matt  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 9:50:10 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

The odd thing with the color changer script is that it doesn't show up in the preview pane, only in the render. Try running it again and doing a test render. Yes, it's a bit of a PITA and you may have to do it several times to get the color you want, but that's how it works.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Meipe on 5/22/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 4:14:26 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dudemanguy47 Go to Quoted Post

Hey folks, I am somewhat new to DAZ Studio but have a bit of experience in 3D and a fair handle on the basics.

My issue is with the recoloring of the genitals in GP_V2.

I am using a standard Genesis 8 figure with default G8F MATs and a fairly normal mody/head morph.

Here's been my workflow:

(With G8F selected)

1. Apply GP_v2 to G8F = ok

2. Run MAT copy = ok

(With GP gens selected)*Shell Applies with Figure Selected, as a figure child

3. Apply shell = ok

(With shell selected)

4. Apply shell fix = ok

(Then, with GF8, GP_v2, or the shell selected = same problem below) -  *Select Shell, (each 2 shells individually if using PussyWizard) 

5. Run color changing script; color changers come up, I select the color and apply to model, it says the colors have been applied, but nothing changes. Just regular skin color on the labia/clitoris etc. :-(

Anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong? - Load Order Parenting, (or using a Pwizard Minora shell color on default UV Minora Shell)
I had a sneaking suspicion that because I don't have the pro pack with the stock DAZ gens that that's causing an issue... yeah? No? - No, GP has its own separate UV map
If so, my solution would be to purchase the V8 Pro bundle or whatever, yeah? - Not Necessary
that seems silly though because the script just recolors the GP gens doesn't it? - GP has its own UV. MAT Copy script copies skin Torso surface values to GP Torso, Recolor changes values for the GP default Minora Surface.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated... I need labia colored labia! lol - If loaded (parented) correctly, with shell selected, tweaking the recolor script should get the color you desire, (Use your render setting in viewport (ie Iray) for an accurate preview).PussyWizard is an additional product expansion available with 2 Shells and presets for consideration.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by user Saturday, May 20, 2023 4:24:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Font Color

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 5/22/2023(UTC)
Dudemanguy47  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 7:33:54 PM(UTC)
Dudemanguy47

Thanks so much you guys!
Gonna give this a try again! :-)