Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ProzacParade  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2023 4:11:11 AM(UTC)
ProzacParade

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

hello there :)

i am having problems with breastacular g8.
when applying breastacular nipples, they poke thru clothes.
smoothing ignores them, perhaps because they are not part of g8 model.
annoying :(

Blake_Stronge  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2023 9:58:25 AM(UTC)
Blake_Stronge

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Smoothing generally follows the base G8 mesh, but not any goegrafts. You can work around by adding a geometry shell to G8 with the grafts fitted, and set the opacity of all the shells material zones to zero. Change the collision item in any clothes figure to the geometry shell, and adjust the shells offset to help with pokethrough (default offset is 1, but I find 0.1-0.3 is usually enough). It still wont always work with extreme nipple sizes though so sometimes you just have to turn them down/off.
ProzacParade  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2023 1:45:07 AM(UTC)
ProzacParade

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Blake_Stronge Go to Quoted Post
Smoothing generally follows the base G8 mesh, but not any goegrafts. You can work around by adding a geometry shell to G8 with the grafts fitted, and set the opacity of all the shells material zones to zero. Change the collision item in any clothes figure to the geometry shell, and adjust the shells offset to help with pokethrough (default offset is 1, but I find 0.1-0.3 is usually enough). It still wont always work with extreme nipple sizes though so sometimes you just have to turn them down/off.

adding geometry... that's one thing I didn't do in Daz since 2017... 

Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2023 3:59:12 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

As a temp fix when using G8 BT and clothing, I simply zero out the BT nipple sliders and use the DAZ nipple sliders. This makes the clothing follow the base figure shape.

Few, and I mean VERY few clothing items have a dense enough mesh to show more than a simple tent over the nipples, you won't notice the difference in the render.

Then when the figure is nude, I simply remove the DAZ nipples and add back the BT nipples. :)

You can also save a shape preset of just the BT graft so you have an easy 1-click way to restore your customized BT nipples, just remember to zero out the DAZ nipples first.

If you're using gargantuan huge nipples, that may be difficult to replicate with the DAZ sliders.

When I run into things like this I select the clothing item and then go to:

Edit/object/geometry/add smoothing modifier

Now that the clothing item has a smoothing modifier, go to the parameters tab, scroll down to Collision Item, Collision Iterations and Smoothing Iterations. Set the Collision Item to BT and try cranking up the Collision Iterations between 8 and 12, and the Smoothing Iterations to around 6. You can go higher, just be aware this can cause slower processors to hang and possibly crash to desktop.

This method can also be used to force clothing to follow G9 Breastacular in many cases.

If that doesn't work, either you've created nipple/breast shapes that no clothing has the mesh density to accommodate (way too big) or the clothing item is an older, very low density mesh. That's not a commentary on anyones nipple size preferences, just a limitation of the software :)

Hope this info helps!

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Meipe on 4/13/2023(UTC)
kcam001  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2023 10:31:04 AM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)

I tend not to use the actual G8/8.1 breastacular graft due to similar issues like this but I have found you can still use the breastacular morph sliders without having to use the graft making it much easier on clothes. Not possible though on G9 unfortunately