Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlboeInteractive  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 8:34:44 AM(UTC)
AlboeInteractive

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The latest version of Golden Palace (last downloaded from here in March 2023) has a script with an improper setting. Normally, all of the included scripts for Meipe assets auto-select the relevant object before executing the rest of their functions. Currently, GP has one script called "5. Adjust rigging to shape", that executes on whatever is selected instead of only GP.

Until it's fixed, always have Golden Palace graft selected when using the final step "5. Adjust rigging to shape". If you have the character model selected in the Scene tab when you activate the script then all of the model's bones will be reoriented. You won't notice it at first, as the change isn't immediately obvious until you try to pose the model. Premade poses will only look sort of correct, using Look At Me 2 now has the eyelids open too far or not enough, JCMs appear to be misaligned, etc.

I've been having random posing and expression issues over the past few months with my characters. It took me hours of looking through these forums, deleting older files in my GP folders, and tinkering with combinations of scripts to figure out what was wrong. To verify this problem, simply activate the rigging script on a character and then bend the Right or Left Thumb 3 bones. If it bends to the side instead of normally then select the character and Edit > Figure > Restore > Restore Figure Rigging.

Please update GP with a fixed script so others don't run into the same issue. It's an easy mistake to make, but a difficult one to diagnose.

-

It's my first time posting here so I also wanted to say that I love the work you do Meipe. You make some of the most versatile and easy-to-use anatomy assets out there. Keep up the good work!

Edited by user Thursday, March 23, 2023 3:59:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked AlboeInteractive for this useful post.
Rycharde on 3/27/2023(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2023 7:17:48 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

The Adjust rigging to shape was a fix basically until The Golden Palace with Rigidity was introduced. Most of the time unless you have a figure/character with a lot of scaling and morphs (I'm talking like Posey and Petunia, Topsy 8, Big Girl Morphs, or the like) the script isn't necessary, and for the characters the script is/was useful for the GP with Rigidity usually works as well or better than the adjust rigging to shape script. 

Rycharde  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2023 9:36:32 PM(UTC)
Rycharde

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hopefully, this is a simple fix for you, when using a 'fix shell' script, if the Shell is not selected, almost all of the visible portions of the model disappear. You cannot undo it at this point. The only thing you can do is reload from the disk. This happened recently in Futalicious and maybe Cluster Bomb, cannot remember in others. A simple check is to verify that a shell component is selected when running the script.

Thanx.

(This is in the G8 series, maybe G3 or G9 seeing how I have not used G3 in forever, and I have not played around with G9.)

Edited by user Sunday, March 26, 2023 9:39:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AlboeInteractive  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2023 11:36:37 AM(UTC)
AlboeInteractive

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

The Adjust rigging to shape was a fix basically until The Golden Palace with Rigidity was introduced. Most of the time unless you have a figure/character with a lot of scaling and morphs (I'm talking like Posey and Petunia, Topsy 8, Big Girl Morphs, or the like) the script isn't necessary, and for the characters the script is/was useful for the GP with Rigidity usually works as well or better than the adjust rigging to shape script. 

Unfortunately, I do use characters that have a significant difference from the G8 base model and the rigidity version of GP isn't able to compensate. While I am able to get GP to work properly for those characters, the issue is the rigging script doesn't behave like the other included scripts which auto-select the correct object or at least don't do anything invisibly detrimental if the user selects the wrong object. Ultimately, I understand it's not a big deal, but the impact this minor oversight can cause is incredible if someone (like me) doesn't catch it early on.

I appreciate your explanation, but I now know how to avoid and detect the problem going forward. However, there may be other people out there who have no idea what is going on or that this specific script is the culprit. I lost untold hours of time dealing with seemingly random posing issues, completely unaware that the problem was I sometimes selected GP when running the script and sometimes did not. My hope is an update to GP would cause customers to re-download it and nobody has to go through what I did.

Meipe  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2023 12:44:23 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
AlboeInteractive on 3/31/2023(UTC)