Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OhNoSheDied  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 7:03:01 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I had tried to find a good tutorial for the editor and even asked reddit. my googling and reddit both pointed me at www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKl2OgN2sA this tutorial. maybe its because this is 3 years old but I just don't see what hes talking about? I am not far in. I see nothing about skins over in the surfaces tab. I have even tried adding materials from my Lray folder?

Basically I am trying to find a way to draw on gen 8 female. I want to try to work out my own small wounds in specific places. 

Zeppelin  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 11:37:28 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Inside your textures folder you will find a UV map of the model. Daz has added layers to existing UV maps. The video you watched showed how to play around within the panel.

The easiest way to experiment is to make a copy of the UV texture map and paint or draw on it with a program like photoshop. Place the new map in the folder with the others, and in the Surfaces panel use the edit tab to swap or add a layered image to your model.

The UV map is a flattened version of a 3D object so there is distortion and a bit of guesswork as to placement.

For a different approach you could use Blender to import the model and paint directly on it

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2023 11:43:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Zeppelin for this useful post.
OhNoSheDied on 3/20/2023(UTC)
OhNoSheDied  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 11:51:06 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you! Im away from my computer for the moment but Ill be trying that in the next half hour tops. Sounds lke i should be able to swing it though thanks :D