Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OhNoSheDied  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 6:48:49 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey people I'm extremely new to all this. I have some experience way back in the poser days but that's been a long time ago and I didn't do much other than playing with the default models. Trying to get much more involved this time.

Anyways I've talked to one person already who does some of the work I like best and he told me about the LIE editor and that's how he does most of his work and I'm going to try to play around with that but I know in my heart I'm not good at drawing like that. I tried making my own textures back in The Sims 2 days and it just didn't work out that well. I might be able to do basic little stuff though.

I have been looking at some wound packs on various websites and I'm a little lost though? As best I can tell all of them will only show up in a preset location? Like I can't take a stab wound and put it anywhere on the figure that I want to?
Pushee-Ri  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 10:52:18 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Hello ThatOneBob,

you may be able to use "Decals". Sounds technical, but it's not that difficult. Compared to LIE or GeoShell with predefined positions, you can use Decals - more or less - where you want. Best of all, it can be used with any version of Genesis.

There are some issues, but for simple scenes (i.e. no video clips or very complicated tableaus) they are good to use.

If interested, search for my project "Aya Goocals" here at Renderotica. It's about body fluids but the info is the same. The promo contains a link. Visit the online manual to learn more about Decals. The manual includes a free decal test setup that projects an "X" onto the model.Assume the "X" is a wound and see if that would work for you.
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
OhNoSheDied on 3/19/2023(UTC)
OhNoSheDied  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 11:38:14 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Fucking awesome! thank you :D
Pushee-Ri  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 11:52:38 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Hi ThatOneBob,

thanks a lot!

I looked at what DAZ has to offer: there is at least one product that works with decals. Search for "Wound Makeup Artist for Genesis 8" to see Decals in action. Personally, I don't think the product is that good - but at least you can see what's possible. The author also seems to be out for money making: Decals can be used with any Genesis version. That is why he or she has some LIE added (i.e. versions dependent). Well ...
OhNoSheDied on 3/19/2023(UTC)
OhNoSheDied  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 11:56:34 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Hmm I see. Yeah that is interesting and exactly what I am after but is a bit costy for me right now. Thank you so much for doing the research for me! I was actaully about to make another thread but maybe I should just piggy back on this one...I was poking around and found a great bundle on poses I want but its all for gen 9. Is that backwards compatible? I tried to google it and all I keep finding is information on how to convert gen 8 to 9
Pushee-Ri  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 12:09:55 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Hi,

there seems to be a script available at the DAZ forum. Look for "Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 to Genesis 3/8/9 Pose Converter". The author's name is n_alexandru.

Good luck - must now unfortunately continue to work on a new project
OhNoSheDied on 3/20/2023(UTC)
OhNoSheDied  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 12:13:24 AM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Thank you again so much!!