Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
montyblue88  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2023 6:17:45 AM(UTC)
montyblue88

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Any chance an updated `HD Nipples - 00 - Create HD Nipples textures for current character` could be released? I've been having trouble using dummy G8F as not all materials are compatible, so I would really appreciate it if I could generate the textures on a 8.1 figure directly.

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2023 9:22:56 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: montyblue88 Go to Quoted Post

Any chance an updated `HD Nipples - 00 - Create HD Nipples textures for current character` could be released? I've been having trouble using dummy G8F as not all materials are compatible, so I would really appreciate it if I could generate the textures on a 8.1 figure directly.

Hi, I'll see what i can do. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
montyblue88 on 2/15/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2023 9:30:37 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
I have modified the scripts so that HD Nipples 1.0 can be used to G8.1 females now.
File Attachment(s):
HD Nipples 1.0 update.zip (15kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
montyblue88 on 2/18/2023(UTC)
montyblue88  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2023 5:48:01 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Thank you very much 3feetwolf! I did find a character behaving weirdly though, Jade HD here (https://www.daz3d.com/jade-hd-for-genesis-81-female) doesn't look quite right. In the dialogue for making the textures, there's no specular map being picked up:

But it's mostly all working right, the Yui character is the same as previously:

3feetwolf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2023 4:16:38 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
I seem to have found a solution to Yui's problem, when I changed the size of the HD Nipples' bump map to 1024 x 1024, the rendering seemed correct.
But I still don't know why... If it's really just a matter of texture size, then not only bump map, but other textures should have a similar issue when rendering.

As for Jade HD, it uses PBRSkin Shader. It needs to modify a lot of codes to make HD Nipples 1.0 support this Shader, so I give up trying to improve it.
3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
Yui Iray + HD.jpg
montyblue88  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 1:19:28 PM(UTC)
montyblue88

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
As for Jade HD, it uses PBRSkin Shader. It needs to modify a lot of codes to make HD Nipples 1.0 support this Shader, so I give up trying to improve it.

My bad, I didn't notice it was PBR. I'll make sure to double check in the future so I don't bother you with something that's out of scope.

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I seem to have found a solution to Yui's problem, when I changed the size of the HD Nipples' bump map to 1024 x 1024, the rendering seemed correct.
But I still don't know why... If it's really just a matter of texture size, then not only bump map, but other textures should have a similar issue when rendering.

That is a very interesting find! Did you just resize the texture in an image editor? The results look great, but it's interesting that the texture size matters since it's not being tiled.

I resized NipplesMapB_L and NipplesMapB_R to 1024x1024 and the results are really great. I'm using the Yui material on a bigger chested model so it's a little easier to tell, but there's still a faint edge there. Is it just the bump map that's responsible for this?

Was wondering if maybe adjusting another texture map would also help. But tbh if I didn't know the seam was there, I wouldn't be able to tell (on the further away render it's almost invisible):

Edited by user Thursday, February 23, 2023 8:05:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Attached images

haruchai  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2023 11:54:09 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

'Was wondering if maybe adjusting another texture map would also help'

If you have the 'Normal On' applied that will affect the 'bumpiness' of the skin. Check the Normal section on the Body surface in the Surfaces tab. If it's the PBR version there are two textures at play - Micro Skin DetailN.tif and Micro Skin DetailR.tif (The Iray version uses the normal map - Jade Body NORMAL.png).

Not definite but it's the only other thing that I can think of that will affect it in that way.

Edited by user Friday, February 24, 2023 11:58:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added the info about Iray version just in case

thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/25/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2023 9:01:01 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: montyblue88 Go to Quoted Post

That is a very interesting find! Did you just resize the texture in an image editor? The results look great, but it's interesting that the texture size matters since it's not being tiled.

I resized NipplesMapB_L and NipplesMapB_R to 1024x1024 and the results are really great. I'm using the Yui material on a bigger chested model so it's a little easier to tell, but there's still a faint edge there. Is it just the bump map that's responsible for this?

Was wondering if maybe adjusting another texture map would also help. But tbh if I didn't know the seam was there, I wouldn't be able to tell (on the further away render it's almost invisible):

Yes,

I simply resized HD Nipples' bump map in Photoshop, and I'm pretty sure the problem is just the bump map.

But as I said a long time ago, I compared Yui's bump map with HD Nipples' bump map in all aspects in Photoshop, and found no difference between the two. So the real reason is still a mystery for now.

Your second render is already perfect, so I would suggest ignoring for now the artifacts that are only visible at very close distances.

Maybe some time later we will have new discovery like we have now