5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pushee-Ri  
#81 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2023 10:32:24 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 170 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ZenMaster3D Go to Quoted Post

SO... what do you think is going to happen if you'd ask an AI to remove the girl out of the imagine?

I'll tell you: then it can't cope. AI is so intelligent that it can't even recognize a repeating pattern and account for that accordingly.

You nailed it, ZenMaster3D.

But you don't even have to go that far, and confuse AI with seamless tiling patterns. It's enough (for AI) to have people standing in the background. Then raised arms become cow udders and faces become something reminiscent of portraits by Francis Bacon.

And at this point, most (mind you, not all) AI "publishing" becomes ridiculous: why do people post pictures with obvious errors? Be it cow udders, Francis Bacon, more than 5 fingers, nipples that look like cookies on closer inspection or really weird looking genitals .... why don't most AI users bother to retouch that?

Can't they - or won't they?  Is (most, not all!) AI perhaps just a cheap thrill for cheap brains?

As mentioned again and again: I like well done (!) AI. But unfortunately there is less and less of it to see and the few real AI artists here at renderotica are withdrawing more and more from the AI gallery, because the AI gallery is littered with cheap and even more cheap works (not even slightly retouched or reworked fingers, nipples, genitals etc.).

And I personally find that a real pity.

Radkres  
#82 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2023 11:30:48 PM(UTC)
Radkres

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
O.o The Butlerian Jihad anyone?
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.
slack71  
#83 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2023 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
slack71

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I do not hate AI Art. I am not afraid of it or feel threatened by it in any way. I fully comprehend it is a different art style that can SIMULATE any other style of art but that is all it is at its core, a simulation. AI Art deserves a space in the spectrum of art styles, it just should not share the same space as true 3D rendered art.
thanks 1 user thanked slack71 for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 4/10/2023(UTC)
kcam001  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2023 7:29:41 AM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Honestly, I still don't quite know what to make of AI art yet as the concept is still quite new to me, Even though you can still make really good images with it I personally find it a bit restrictive as you wouldn't be able to do a lot with the character it self i.e posing and adding assets unless you knew the code that actually does that. I'm still using DAZ and and yes many of the poses and assets do come from someone that made them but the main advantage for me if I was using DAZ or even Poser is that you can tweak it to however you need. I am still learning though and would eventually like to do the same sort of thing in unreal and character creator

thanks 1 user thanked kcam001 for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 4/11/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2023 8:22:05 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Hello kcam001,
thank you for the further hint (Unreal).

There is a tool that can be used to preset poses for AI. But I forgot the name (but it is mentioned above).

But even if there would/will be some more tools - two basic AI errors will remain:

A) the many, many picture errors like 6 fingers or no complete hand, anatomical errors in primary and secondary sexual characteristics, soulless eyes reminding at jellyfishes, etc. pp. ff. This could be fixed with retouching - but only very few AI users do it.

B) The complete lack of another use in 3D. As you wrote, 3D figures, poses, animations, clothes, hair, etc. can be used not only in DAZ for rendering, but also in Unreal, etc. - so wide range of possible applications.

So - stick with 3D ... but don't lose sight of AI. Here in the gallery there are some really good AI works - e.g. topspin or some works by takedown - that show what can be done with AI if you don't just type in some prompt, but use AI as one of several tools (keyword: retouching).