Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DasAmazin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2023 11:07:46 AM(UTC)
DasAmazin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Just bought the whole set of Tentacle monster and realistic tentacles.  Installing into My Library by copying/pasting folders and then trying to load it in has given massive errors. At first it couldn't find any textures and was loading a pile of squares mashed together for all related products. Through meticulously copying and pasting multiple files and just placing them everywhere I can think of them being needed, I manage to get each individual thing to load, although it still tells me that it can't find any textures and I have to manually locate each and every texture.

Also, was the monster supposed to load and parent the tentacles in one of those options given for the monster itself?  There are a bunch of options and I have no idea what any of them are supposed to mean. When I do guess the right option it will load the monster, then the tentacles, but not parent any of them to it in their supposed right places.

If its supposed to be simply copy and paste into their respective folders, then either what I downloaded wasn't right, or something has changed because this is a default install of DAZ, and the method works with every other product I buy.

Thanks for any help!  Appreciate it!

dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2023 2:50:54 PM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hi, thank you for buying my products.

If you copied contents of "My Library" folder from each of the packages and pasted them into your "My DAZ 3D Library" folder it should work. If you load all three files marked 01, 02 and 03.(Tentacle monster, Tentacle load script and then Tentacle setup script) tentacles should be parented.

For installing products I use "Content directory manager" to add products from custom location for that way I can keep folders separate and easy to manage. So just extract files somewhere and then use "Content directory manager" to add them in.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
DasAmazin on 1/17/2023(UTC)
DasAmazin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2023 9:38:56 PM(UTC)
DasAmazin

Originally Posted by: dbxxx Go to Quoted Post
Hi, thank you for buying my products.

If you copied contents of "My Library" folder from each of the packages and pasted them into your "My DAZ 3D Library" folder it should work. If you load all three files marked 01, 02 and 03.(Tentacle monster, Tentacle load script and then Tentacle setup script) tentacles should be parented.

For installing products I use "Content directory manager" to add products from custom location for that way I can keep folders separate and easy to manage. So just extract files somewhere and then use "Content directory manager" to add them in.

Ok. Well I tried to re-copy into the library with the same results. How would I bring them in with Content directory manager? I hardly touch the thing unless I'm setting up an external or thumb drive.

Also I get an error message when running the 3rd script.

Edit 2: I got the material snafu taken care of by just copying and pasting things wherever the log  said it was looking for it, instead of where it ended up when copying and pasting it per install instructions but the script can't load even tho its right where daz is looking for it...

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2023 11:05:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2023 7:35:57 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Just extract files from product packages somewhere and then use "Content directory manager" to add them in (open "Content directory manager", select "Daz studio formats", click "add" and then select "My Library" folder from extracted folder, repeat for other packages).

What is your OS and Daz studio version? I recommend using latest Daz studio.
thanks 1 user thanked dbxxx for this useful post.
DasAmazin on 1/18/2023(UTC)
DasAmazin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2023 8:22:43 AM(UTC)
DasAmazin

Originally Posted by: dbxxx Go to Quoted Post
Just extract files from product packages somewhere and then use "Content directory manager" to add them in (open "Content directory manager", select "Daz studio formats", click "add" and then select "My Library" folder from extracted folder, repeat for other packages).

What is your OS and Daz studio version? I recommend using latest Daz studio.

Win10 and admittedly I am still using 4.16. I have 4.21 beta for testing things out, tho. I'll try that way too and see what happens!

Edit: script ran just fine in 4.21, just not 4.16, sadly. Didn't want to have to move on from it cause a lot of my stuff uses ghost lights that have been very useful for years, but...  At least it works somewhere!  Thanks for the help!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 18, 2023 8:32:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified