Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZenMaster3D  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 9:55:47 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Hi there!

So... I like to write guides from time to time and I need illustrations for that. I quickly discovered the "Gallery visibility" setting on the Misc tab but .. if you disable that you can't access your image at all anymore.

Is there some way to upload an image and still use it in posts like this one but without it invading the main gallery page?

Reason I ask: some image websites allow you to keep your images secret so that they don't get propagated, but are still accessibly with a (semi) private link. IN other words: a direct link.

See...  I really love this place, and that means I also try to think "outside the box". I can well imagine some people not enjoying my weird "not sexual at all" pics and then to add insult to injury: they don't even get to vote nor comment (I disable as much as possible).

So I suppose my 2nd "semi question": could this be an issue or am I overthinking all of this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

RangerRabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 12:23:03 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ZenMaster3D Go to Quoted Post

Hi there!

So... I like to write guides from time to time and I need illustrations for that. I quickly discovered the "Gallery visibility" setting on the Misc tab but .. if you disable that you can't access your image at all anymore.

Is there some way to upload an image and still use it in posts like this one but without it invading the main gallery page?

Reason I ask: some image websites allow you to keep your images secret so that they don't get propagated, but are still accessibly with a (semi) private link. IN other words: a direct link.

See...  I really love this place, and that means I also try to think "outside the box". I can well imagine some people not enjoying my weird "not sexual at all" pics and then to add insult to injury: they don't even get to vote nor comment (I disable as much as possible).

So I suppose my 2nd "semi question": could this be an issue or am I overthinking all of this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

There is no way for general members to add images to forum posts without them still showing in the main gallery if you are adding a gallery image. The other way you can add an image is to link it from a file share site using the Insert/Edit Image or Media tool. 

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 1 user thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 1/6/2023(UTC)
davo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 7:51:21 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 165 post(s)

There is no way for general members to add images to forum posts without them still showing in the main gallery if you are adding a gallery image. The other way you can add an image is to link it from a file share site using the Insert/Edit Image or Media tool. 

So... this is an area I'm having difficulty with, linking to offsite images, I just don't seem to have luck with it, all I get is a broken thumbnail when I try this. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to do this or is firefox a bad browser to try and do this?

thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 1/6/2023(UTC)
Bumper2  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 11:24:53 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

Hey! I recently figured this out - kinda. On the New Art thread by SultryEros I figured out that if you click the 'Post Reply' instead of 'Quick Reply' button there's an option to 'Attach files to this post?' It lets you upload pictures into the post without directly linking them in your gallery. For reference, I've attached a picture below this one. One I'm proud of (and one of my earliest works) but that didn't quite fit the 'rotica theme. It won't show up in your gallery, which can make it hard to find later, but it should work wonders if you're doing a tutorial. Plus, for whatever reason, it seems to allow larger uploads than you can do in your gallery! Hope that helps!

Bumper2 attached the following image(s):
Improved Fae Fight.png
thanks 2 users thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 12/26/2022(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 1/6/2023(UTC)