Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2022 7:05:20 PM(UTC)

The actual tool works. However, I have no idea how to give a Genesis 9 man an appropriate texture down there.
I have of course bought Genesis 9 Expansion, but apart from the important body part, I can't find a texture in it that can be applied to the penis manipulated with Easy Control.

Edited by user Friday, December 16, 2022 6:53:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2022 3:32:45 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Sadly while Daz decided to make it easier on the consumer to get the Anatomical Elements this Generation, they've opted to not include textures for it with the default or base skin textures. So your options are to purchase a Daz Original character or Published Artist Character that include maps for the AE, learn how to texture and using the texture templates make matching AE textures on your own, try using the Map Transfer utility built into Daz Studio to copy the skin textures onto the Anatomical Elements, or waiting till an option is there that remaps the AE to use the Base Genesis 9 UVs allowing you to add the texture from a surface like the Genesis 9 body to the AE.. Barring using one of those options you are stuck with texture less Anatomical Elements.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
14234552345 on 12/16/2022(UTC)
haruchai  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2022 6:23:01 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
felis over in the DAZ forums has a free UV remap of the Anatomical Elements which enable it to use the body textures. Not ideal, as there will be no detail, but it will give you a matching texture for now until something better comes along.
https://www.daz3d.com/fo...male-anatomical-elements

p.s. they also did one for the female Anatomical Elements too
https://www.daz3d.com/fo...ale-anatomical-elements.
thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
14234552345 on 12/16/2022(UTC)
#4 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2022 6:48:46 AM(UTC)

Thanks both of you.
In the meantime, I have already learned that the problem does not have to do with the transformation tool. However, your answers and tips help me to make the best of it. At least I don't have to live with a grey penis.

But now that I have you experts here:
Which tool do you think is better for changing the age of a Gen 9 character?
Is it "Growing Up for Genesis 9" by Zev0?
or would you rather recommend "Easy Shape Master - Age Control and Shape Tuning for Genesis 9"?
The latter can probably also model elderly people.

sunia32  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2022 11:08:23 AM(UTC)
sunia32

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I didn't buy growing up with Gen9 this time because there are some excellent morphs already by default that allow you make your character look younger (can't say this for older though). The body proportions morphs, the proportion size, body types really do the job. Couldn't convince myself to buy the tool.

You can get somewhat old looking characters on Gen9 with the Face Old and Body Old morph, but they're obviously not detailed enough to really get the old people with wrinkles - like good quality wrinkles. I usually end up buying an actual old character with proper wrinkles like old man 8 and use that. Probably will do the same for gen 9 when a suitable model comes out.

Those are my thoughts on why I didn't buy anything on aging yet, since I felt the normal gen9 morphs are really good now.