Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SultryEros  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 2:31:16 AM(UTC)
SultryEros

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi everyone. Please post your new  art here so we can see what everyone is doing this week.

Always focus on the beauty in life- SultryEros💜 💜💜
https://www.renderotica....ir?artistname=sultryeros
whitelight  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2022 5:38:32 PM(UTC)
whitelight

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

If only the site had a gallery type thingy
sorry could help it. my bad.

nice image by the way

Optika  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 10:49:24 AM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
@sunia32:
Just a suggestion: Image 2 works well as it is a closeup not showing the whole figures. Image 1 has the problem that the depth of field for the ground (HDRI) and the figures feet is not matching. I would use a camera to adjust the depth of field and have the feet blurred as well. Or check other HDRI (Cake's set usually have them) without depth of field.
thanks 1 user thanked Optika for this useful post.
sunia32 on 12/11/2022(UTC)
sunia32  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 12:28:08 PM(UTC)
sunia32

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Thanks @Optica - I now see what you mean, its strange how you can't see some things until someone else points it out. I'll try to fix. As a long time consumer of erotica on the internet, it feels great to finally be sharing my stuff, will try to improve as I have never been in the 3d game before as a creator!

Edit:

I updated the image. Couldn't get DOF to work correctly, the ground ALWAYS looked blurry. Maybe I should checkout Cake's stuff like you said. Right now - the render is with DOF completely OFF.

Edited by user Sunday, December 11, 2022 1:55:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bumper2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 5:37:34 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 139 post(s)

Originally Posted by: sunia32 Go to Quoted Post

Couldn't get DOF to work correctly, the ground ALWAYS looked blurry. Maybe I should checkout Cake's stuff like you said. Right now - the render is with DOF completely OFF.

DOF can be tricky, I have a hard time with it myself frequently. Then again, I'm no SkatingJesus. The quickest way I've found is go into perspective view and select your camera. In the drop down menu in 'Parameters' you'll find 'Camera'. When you turn depth of field on you can play with the  'Focal Distance' and 'F/Stop', and in perspective view you'll be able to see directly where that box lands to frame in what you'd like and blur what you don't. Sometimes it needs a bit more refining, and placing the 'F/Stop' to high can STILL show everything in focus, but it's a quick start. Hope that helps!

SultryEros, I tried to post up an image of my latest series, to give a preview and to get some constructive criticism, but 'rotica never lets me. The image upload never fully boots up for me on the forum threads, and it's probably a problem with my computer. Or I really am too stupid to figure it out. I like this idea though! This is a great thread to showcase work you want to improve before full gallery posting! I wish I'd thought of it before several of my earlier works, and it would still help me now!

Bumper2 attached the following image(s):
Chess 1.png
thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
sunia32 on 12/11/2022(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 6:36:49 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)

Originally Posted by: sunia32 Go to Quoted Post

...Couldn't get DOF to work correctly, the ground ALWAYS looked blurry. Maybe I should checkout Cake's stuff like you said. Right now - the render is with DOF completely OFF.

Iray on the whole is pretty good at emulating the real world but HDRI backgrounds and ground shadows are a bit of a cheat, you can get some pleasing results but don't expect perfection.

Try adjusting the ground shadow intensity to get the subject's shadows to blend in a bit. You may notice in some scenarios the subject's shadows don't fall realistically across 'objects' in the background and you don't get shadows cast on the subject from overhead foliage as you would expect in the woods but you can add a trans-mapped plane between light source and subject to fudge that.

Because it's a cheat DOF may not work as expected with HDRI only backgrounds but as a general guide - Don't render through the Perspective camera, add a camera to the scene, configure that for DOF and use the Perspective camera to look at that one while you adjust it's Focal Distance and F/Stop. Focal Distance should be bang on the point of focus eg the eyes, or other parts of the subject, use F/Stop to set more or less DOF.

In case it helps.

I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
Twisted_Pencil  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2022 6:44:35 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)

...Oh, and another cheat - Set Ground Position to Manual and you can sink the subject into the ground slightly and add suitable objects around the feet, just one leaf against the foot can make such a difference to the impression.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
MidnightWatcher  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2022 3:47:11 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Take at least the 2-5 minutes to do subject to setting deformation composition. generic...can do better with my off hand closed.

Zaavaleta  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2022 7:33:39 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

I've been playing around with rendering in Filament. It's not great, but not that bad.

Zaavaleta attached the following image(s):
riley-candace filament render.jpg