Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikethe3dguy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 11:06:30 PM(UTC)
mikethe3dguy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Kind of losing my mind and spending way too much time on this with no results. I know there are "wet maps" and I have those, but for the most part they make it look like cum is dripping down. I just want the whole shaft and glans to be shiny/wet. How do I do this? Nothing I do to specular settings to either the shell or the gen seems to have any real effect. Thanks

Meipe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 1:39:20 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Zeppelin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 4:25:02 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 96 post(s)

I have resorted to putting a geoshell over the Dictator portion (not the Dicktator Shell) and with the geoshell chosen in surfaces tab, reduce the opacity to zero and apply the shader Iray/Liquid/WaterThin

thanks 1 user thanked Zeppelin for this useful post.
Meipe on 7/13/2022(UTC)
mikethe3dguy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 8:22:51 PM(UTC)
mikethe3dguy

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
First rule of wetness: the item needs something to reflect, so you need stuff in the scene, an environment map, or lights in the right place.
Then you may increase reflectivity and drop down roughness on your surfaces.

Thanks, yeah I've got plenty stuff in the scene to reflect, and lights in multiple locations. Changed camera positions a couple times too. Finally I did get a good effect by driving Glossy Layered Weight on the geoshell up from .10 to 1.00. The shaders I've worked with that had all the specular settings don't typically also have "glossy" settings so at first I didn't see there were some in fact. I'll also try your suggestion and see if that looks better. But the only roughness settings on the shell that seem to be in play are Specular Lobe 1 and 2 Roughness, which I drove down pretty low to no apparent effect, while driving Dual Lobe Specular Weight UP. So so you mean those, plus Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity? (or just Reflectivity or Glossy Reflectivity?)

mikethe3dguy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 8:24:29 PM(UTC)
mikethe3dguy

Originally Posted by: Zeppelin Go to Quoted Post

I have resorted to putting a geoshell over the Dictator portion (not the Dicktator Shell) and with the geoshell chosen in surfaces tab, reduce the opacity to zero and apply the shader Iray/Liquid/WaterThin

Thanks! Thought about doing that too, but I've already got 2-3 geoshells in play on the figure and was hoping to avoid adding yet another.

Zeppelin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2022 8:53:47 AM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 96 post(s)

Thanks! Thought about doing that too, but I've already got 2-3 geoshells in play on the figure and was hoping to avoid adding yet another.

Geoshells can be a pain, I get it. If you attempt it, you must apply them in a certain order or they all start having problems. Even certain environments can upset the order. I have never been successful manipulating the shells in the parameters tab, it has never worked for me. 
There are shader packages that do not use geoshells and give the skin a wet look, but they apply only to the body, not the genitals. I'm not an expert in manipulating the textures in the surfaces tab, but there must be a way to apply the same settings to Dictator.