Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Downjonsie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 9:32:15 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Literally none. It's not even the typical geoshell conflict where the shell would be white. There are no parameters in the surfaces pane. I can't copy/paste a working geoshell surface to it. I can't copy/paste the torso parameters to it. I've done a lot of work to get it to look exactly how I want using mesh grabber, and unless I can figure out how to transfer meshgrab morphs to a new model, then I can't restart. My hopes and dreams of having a model with the tiniest and prettiest pussy are shattered 😭

Edited by moderator Tuesday, June 28, 2022 4:57:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy Violation - underage imagery

dsv4600  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 1:04:21 PM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)

I don't know about the missing surface parameters, afaik a Geoshell should inherit the surfaces of the object that its shelling, but you can transfer Mesh Grabber morphs - although it's a not a simple process.

With only the mesh grabbed object in your scene visible, its Mesh Resolution set to BASE and Mesh Smoothing disabled, export to an .OBJ file using the option for DAZ Studio in the dropdown list of the export dialogue. You shouldn't need to touch any other settings.

Clear the scene and load the figure that you want the morph applied to. Make sure it's in Base Resolution.

In the hamburger menu at the top left of the Scene tab, select Assets / Morph Loader Pro. The default settings will usually be correct. Choose the previously exported .OBJ with the button "Choose Morph Files ..." then hit Accept.

DAZ Studio will import the morph in the section Morphs/Morph Loader from the root of the figure. Setting it to 100% should have the exact same effect on the new figure as the previous Mesh Grabbing.

If you want the morph to be available for all instances of the object you will need to dig into File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s) ... otherwise the morph just gets saved with the scene, which is usually all you need because you can re-load an object with custom morphs by saving it as a Scene Subset.

Good luck.

thanks 1 user thanked dsv4600 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/29/2022(UTC)
Downjonsie  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 1:21:46 PM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Thanks. I'll give this workflow a shot once I have time to do so. Fingers crossed. I had tried this earlier, but the tutorial I was following didn't mention anything about removing smoothing modifiers or also making the new model base resolution.
Downjonsie  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 1:25:24 PM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Originally Posted by: dsv4600 Go to Quoted Post
<p>I don&#39;t know about the missing surface parameters, afaik a Geoshell should inherit the surfaces of the object that its shelling, but you can transfer Mesh Grabber morphs - although it&#39;s a not a simple process.<br />
<br />
With only the mesh grabbed object in your scene visible, its Mesh Resolution set to BASE and Mesh Smoothing disabled, export to an .OBJ file using the option for DAZ Studio in the dropdown list of the export dialogue. You shouldn&#39;t need to touch any other settings.<br />
<br />
Clear the scene and load the figure that you want the morph applied to. Make sure it&#39;s in Base Resolution.<br />
<br />
In the hamburger menu at the top left of the Scene tab, select Assets / Morph Loader Pro. The default settings will usually be correct. Choose the previously exported .OBJ with the button &quot;Choose Morph Files ...&quot; then hit Accept.<br />
<br />
DAZ Studio will import the morph in the section Morphs/Morph Loader from the root of the figure. Setting it to 100% should have the exact same effect on the new figure as the previous Mesh Grabbing.<br />
<br />
If you want the morph to be available for all instances of the object you will need to dig into File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s) ... otherwise the morph just gets saved with the scene, which is usually all you need because you can re-load an object with custom morphs by saving it as a Scene Subset.<br />
<br />
Good luck.</p>

Thanks. I'll give this workflow a shot. I had tried before but the tutorial I was following mentioned nothing about smoothing or the new model being base resolution, as well. Does this apply all current morphs as a single morph slider? So perhaps it may actually be wise to save as > shape, zero all but meshgrab morphs then export/import etc?

3feetwolf  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 9:01:08 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Downjonsie Go to Quoted Post

Literally none. It's not even the typical geoshell conflict where the shell would be white. There are no parameters in the surfaces pane. I can't copy/paste a working geoshell surface to it. I can't copy/paste the torso parameters to it. I've done a lot of work to get it to look exactly how I want using mesh grabber, and unless I can figure out how to transfer meshgrab morphs to a new model, then I can't restart. My hopes and dreams of having a model with the tiniest and prettiest pussy are shattered 😭

Hi, 

I don't quite understand the specifics of this geoshell problem. Could you post some screenshots to illustrate it in detail?

Downjonsie  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 6:18:32 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

I don't quite understand the specifics of this geoshell problem. Could you post some screenshots to illustrate it in detail?

Hello, like mentioned I'm not sure this is an actual problem of your products geoshell, but DAZ's buggy nature. But yah... surfaces pane parameters are completely empty and I cannot copy/paste anything to it and really not wanting to restart the workflow I've done because I might not be able to replicate it

Downjonsie attached the following image(s):
ice_screenshot_20220630-041517.png
Downjonsie  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 6:57:58 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Originally Posted by: dsv4600 Go to Quoted Post
I don&#39;t know about the missing surface parameters, afaik a Geoshell should inherit the surfaces of the object that its shelling, but you can transfer Mesh Grabber morphs - although it&#39;s a not a simple process.

Good luck.

Unfortunately this method is not working at all. After successfully loading the morph, the entire mesh just becomes a garbled mess
3feetwolf  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 7:28:29 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hello, like mentioned I'm not sure this is an actual problem of your products geoshell, but DAZ's buggy nature. But yah... surfaces pane parameters are completely empty and I cannot copy/paste anything to it and really not wanting to restart the workflow I've done because I might not be able to replicate it

Thanks for the picture. I seem to have found the problem. When you apply NGV8 to a character, three nodes are added to the scene as children of the character node. 
New Genitalia For Victoria 8
New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer
New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer
The first one is the geometry node of NGV8, and the other two nodes are the shell nodes of this geometry node. In your picture, the geometry node of NGV8 is missing. This seems to prevent those two geoshells from getting the information they need. So you see empty in the Surfaces panel. 

Downjonsie  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 10:17:08 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

The first one is the geometry node of NGV8, and the other two nodes are the shell nodes of this geometry node. In your picture, thegeometry node of NGV8 is missing. This seems to prevent those two geoshells from getting the information they need. So you seeempty in the Surfaces panel.

Geometry node, as in the NGV8 geograft itself? It is there, renamed as 'Pussy'. Perhaps it's the name change that broke it, but I swear, before, I had don the same with no issue. Unless I am misinterpreting what you mean by geometry node? What would be my work around?
3feetwolf  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 10:30:16 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

The first one is the geometry node of NGV8, and the other two nodes are the shell nodes of this geometry node. In your picture, thegeometry node of NGV8 is missing. This seems to prevent those two geoshells from getting the information they need. So you seeempty in the Surfaces panel.

Geometry node, as in the NGV8 geograft itself? It is there, renamed as 'Pussy'. Perhaps it's the name change that broke it, but I swear, before, I had don the same with no issue. Unless I am misinterpreting what you mean by geometry node? What would be my work around?

Yes, the geometry node I mentioned is the geo-grafting node of NGV8. 
I've been thinking about how to fix this issue and finally have a workround. But since we don't know the real cause of this problem, maybe we will have to try several times to finally solve it. 
Anyway, please try the following steps: 
1. First backup your scene. 
2. Restore the name of the geo-grafting node. Select the "Pussy" node, click the context menu button of the Scene panel, and select "Edit > Scene Identification..." in the pop-up menu to open the Scene Identification window. Change the Node Name to "new_gens_V8_1840" and the Node Label to "New Genitalia For Victoria 8". At last, click the Accept button to save and exit. 
3. Select the Effect Layer node, then go to the Parameters panel. Select "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer > Shell" and in the parameter list on the right change the Shell Node to "Genesis 8 Female". Next go to the Surfaces panel and under "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer" find "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia". Then change the shader of these two nodes to PBRSkin or Iray Uber according to the shader used by your character. 
4. Similarly, select the Color Layer node, then go to the Parameters panel. Select "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer > Shell" and in the parameter list on the right change the Shell Node to "Genesis 8 Female". Next go to the Surfaces panel and under "New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer" find "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" and "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia". Then change the shader of these two nodes to PBRSkin or Iray Uber according to the shader used by your character.
5. Load the same character into the scene and apply NGV8 to it. Then you will see two nodes, New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer (2) and New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer (2) in the Scene panel. 
6. The next thing to do is to go to the Surfaces panel and copy and paste the material settings of "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" of Effect Layer (2) to "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" of Effect Layer, copy and paste the material settings of "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" of Effect Layer (2) to "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" of Effect Layer, copy and paste the material settings of "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" of Color Layer (2) to "new_gens_V8_1840_Anus" of Color Layer, copy and paste the material settings of "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia" of Color Layer (2) to Color Layer "new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia". 
7. After copying the material settings, delete the newly added character. Select the original character and run the "Update The Materials Of New Gens" script. 

Downjonsie  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 7:01:37 AM(UTC)
Downjonsie

Geometry node, as in the NGV8 geograft itself? It is there, renamed as &#39;Pussy&#39;. Perhaps it&#39;s the name change that broke it, but I swear, before, I had don the same with no issue. Unless I am misinterpreting what you mean by geometry node? What would be my work around?

Yes, the geometry node I mentioned is the geo-grafting node of NGV8.

I&#39;ve been thinking about how to fix this issue and finally have a workround. But since we don&#39;t know the real cause of thisproblem, maybe we will have to try several times to finally solve it.

Anyway, please try the following steps:

1. First backup your scene.

2. Restore the name of the geo-grafting node. Select the &quot;Pussy&quot; node, click the context menu button of the Scene panel, and select &quot;Edit &gt; Scene Identification...&quot; in the pop-up menu to open the Scene Identification window. Change the Node Name to &quot;new_gens_V8_1840&quot; and the Node Label to &quot;New Genitalia For Victoria 8&quot;. At last, click the Accept button to save and exit.

3. Select the Effect Layer node, then go to the Parameters panel. Select &quot;New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer &gt; Shell&quot; and in the parameter list on the right change the Shell Node to &quot;Genesis 8 Female&quot;. Next go to the Surfaces panel and under &quot;New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer&quot; find &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; and &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot;. Then change the shader of these two nodes to PBRSkin or Iray Uber according to the shader used by your character.

4. Similarly, select the Color Layer node, then go to the Parameters panel. Select &quot;New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer &gt; Shell&quot; and in the parameter list on the right change the Shell Node to &quot;Genesis 8 Female&quot;. Next go to the Surfaces panel and under &quot;New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer&quot; find &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; and &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot;. Then change the shader of these two nodes to PBRSkin or Iray Uber according to the shader used by your character.

5. Load the same character into the scene and apply NGV8 to it. Then you will see two nodes, New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Effect Layer (2) and New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer (2) in the Scene panel.

6. The next thing to do is to go to the Surfaces panel and copy and paste the material settings of &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; ofEffect Layer (2) to &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; of Effect Layer, copy and paste the material settings of &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot;of Effect Layer (2) to &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot; of Effect Layer, copy and paste the material settings of&quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; of Color Layer (2) to &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Anus&quot; of Color Layer, copy and paste the material settings of &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot; of Color Layer (2) to Color Layer &quot;new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia&quot;.

7. After copying the material settings, delete the newly added character. Select the original character and run the &quot;Update TheMaterials Of New Gens&quot; script.

I love you. Only thing to add to this is to change the shell boxes of the NGV8 effect/color nodes to 'off'. I have no idea how this could've happened. It's weird. But thank you so much