Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
user43000  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 6:45:50 PM(UTC)
user43000

The Gens work fine on G8Fs but nothing I've tried will apply them to a G8.1F
I've tried every method possible to install the updates but nothing works.
After achieving nothing by trying to install the updates on my existing copy of New Gens several times, I finally gave up, deleted the product entirely - then reinstalled it and tried to update it but still got nothing. I've uninstalled the product and reinstalled it & attempted to update it 4 times using every possible update procedure possible. Still nothing.
I'm on a Mac and the instructions to merge folders are a no-go. Macs just will not merge files that are identical. It's not a same-name issue either. They will merge folders if the contents are different but, apparently they are not. *deleted - malicious site detected*
On one pass I even tried: Reinstall the whole product then, attempt to update by only adding non-duplicate files from the updates. No results there either.
Any way to make the product work on an 8.1 on a Mac?

Thanks

Edited by moderator Friday, June 17, 2022 9:54:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Community Policy - Suspected Spam

Zeppelin  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 11:08:37 AM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Are you manually installing the files? Are you overwriting the older files that have new versions in the 8.1 package? I have done this and it works fine on 8.1 female figures
thanks 2 users thanked Zeppelin for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/17/2022(UTC), user43000 on 6/17/2022(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 9:12:27 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Hi,
The latest version of NGV8 supports G8.1F characters.

If you download and install the latest version of it but still cannot apply the gens to G8.1F characters. This usually means that you have an older version of NGV8 installed in another daz library. When the script of NGV8 runs, it calls the files of the old version.

Please try this:
Open Daz Studio's Content Directory Manager, find and select the library where you have the latest version of NGV8 installed. Click the 'To Top' button, then click the 'Accept' button to save and exit Content Directory Manger. Apply NGV8 to your character again and see if the problem has been resolved.

If the problem still persists, please let me know.
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
user43000 on 6/17/2022(UTC)
user43000  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 10:46:58 PM(UTC)
user43000

Thank you gentlemen. I'll give this another try or two.
user43000  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2022 9:00:40 PM(UTC)
user43000

Still nothing. I have no other copies of the product on my machine and: If this is a situation where the update files have to be merged with the existing files in the product to work with 8.1's on a Mac, it'll be a dead end for 99.9% of Mac users. There's apparently a way to <merge> files on SOME versions of SOME Mac OS's but, it apparently requires opening the Terminal and initiating a file merge on the Command Line folder by folder - I personally won't be putting myself through that.

That said, if simply writing over the products original files with the Update Versions files work anywhere, it's not working here. I have tried absolutely everything short of trying to update the product on the Command line a dozen times. Nothing works. Also/And, the path is correct and in the right place on DS.

I don't think there's any way to put straightforward 8.1 functionality on the product -for Macs- without overhauling the base product with all of the updating done, as a revised/reissue standalone.

If I'm somehow missing something, let me know

3feetwolf  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2022 9:26:13 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: user43000 Go to Quoted Post

Still nothing. I have no other copies of the product on my machine and: If this is a situation where the update files have to be merged with the existing files in the product to work with 8.1's on a Mac, it'll be a dead end for 99.9% of Mac users. There's apparently a way to <merge> files on SOME versions of SOME Mac OS's but, it apparently requires opening the Terminal and initiating a file merge on the Command Line folder by folder - I personally won't be putting myself through that.

That said, if simply writing over the products original files with the Update Versions files work anywhere, it's not working here. I have tried absolutely everything short of trying to update the product on the Command line a dozen times. Nothing works. Also/And, the path is correct and in the right place on DS.

I don't think there's any way to put straightforward 8.1 functionality on the product -for Macs- without overhauling the base product with all of the updating done, as a revised/reissue standalone.

If I'm somehow missing something, let me know

Please don't worry, we'll be sure to figure out the cause of the problem. 
If there is an error message or other error when you try to apply NGV8 to G8.1F. Please send me screenshots of them. 
Also please send me the script of NGV8, I would like to check its code. 
And I would like see the installation of NGV8, so please send me some screenshot about this. More detailed screenshots would be more helpful. 

user43000  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 6:31:07 PM(UTC)
user43000

Yeah, good one. I just went ahead bought one that does work on Macs.
https://www.renderotica....ace-For-Genesis-8-Female