Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wumpushurkle  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 10:34:24 AM(UTC)
wumpushurkle

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Although it was working fine even just yesterday, I am now finding that the Golden Palace gens are not displaying on the torso.  Here are the steps I am using:
1) Created Genesis 8 female.
2) With G8 figure selected, clicked Golden Palace Genitalia V2.
3) With G8 figure selected, clicked Golden Palace Shell V2.

At this point, before applying the material texture, I see a vague outline of a shell on the torso, but no genitalia.  When I hide the G8 figure, the genitalia appear.  I thought that maybe the gens and shell weren't properly parented to the G8 figure, but when I looked at that, it wasn't the problem and both correctly appear indented below the G8 character in the Scene tab.  I tried selecting the Shell and then clicked the Shell Fix, but that didn't solve it.  Clicking to apply the Material doesn't fix it.  There is an option to Adjust Rigging to Shape, but clicking that didn't help either.  I suspect it is some sort of layering problem, but I don't know as I am still new to Daz Studio 4.20.

Btw:  There is nothing in the pdf that describes what the Rigidity option is supposed to do.  Clicking that does nothing except seem to create another gens (also not visible except by making the G8 figure invisible).  I cleared everything to see if I should use that option INSTEAD of clicking the standard genitalia option, but I get the same problem.  Reinstalled your product and rebooted my machine and still no joy.  Not only am I unable to see genitalia when creating new figures, the genitalia are now invisible on all my old figures that I had applied it to!  And finally, I also tried this with the G8.1 figure and your associated morphs with the same result.

It would be helpful if you described clearly what the Rigidity option is supposed to do and how to use it.  But in the meantime, if you could help me to get this to work I would be most grateful.  When I have gotten it to work before today, it creates very nice genitalia and I am looking forward to using it a lot in the future.  Breastacular works great as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2022 12:23:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrimstoneOmega  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 3:00:41 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
You have a special tool selected. Pick the select arrow or one of the translation gizmos.

Adjust rigging to shape does do things and will likely benefit you, but you have to do it correctly, by deselecting the bones that don't belong to Golden Palace on both the left and right side (thigh,hip, default, ext)

Rigidity... well.. i can't help with that one. Not sure what it does myself.
thanks 2 users thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
wumpushurkle on 6/14/2022(UTC), Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
wumpushurkle  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 3:16:09 PM(UTC)
wumpushurkle

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yes, BrimstoneOmega, that was it! I can't believe that it was as simple as that! I was afraid I was going to have to purchase a different genitalia module.
thanks 1 user thanked wumpushurkle for this useful post.
Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 1:08:47 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I know! Daz can get a little weird sometimes. There are a lot of odd little things that can happen or unintuitive ways of getting things done. Glad to help! It would be nice if Daz would make like, I dunno, a manual or some kind of documentation that actually helped.
thanks 1 user thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 5:16:45 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 239 post(s)

Originally Posted by: wumpushurkle Go to Quoted Post

Btw:  There is nothing in the pdf that describes what the Rigidity option is supposed to do.  Clicking that does nothing except seem to create another gens (also not visible except by making the G8 figure invisible).  I cleared everything to see if I should use that option INSTEAD of clicking the standard genitalia option, but I get the same problem.  Reinstalled your product and rebooted my machine and still no joy.  Not only am I unable to see genitalia when creating new figures, the genitalia are now invisible on all my old figures that I had applied it to!  And finally, I also tried this with the G8.1 figure and your associated morphs with the same result.

It would be helpful if you described clearly what the Rigidity option is supposed to do and how to use it.  But in the meantime, if you could help me to get this to work I would be most grateful.  When I have gotten it to work before today, it creates very nice genitalia and I am looking forward to using it a lot in the future.  Breastacular works great as well.

The rigidity version includes a rigidity map that lessens the distortions of the graft as certain morphs are used, an example being various Big Girl Morphs, and Daz's Heavy Morph and characters that used them had some pretty severe stretching and distortion due to the graft attempting to match the underlying morphs, while the rigidity graft may not fix it 100% it does make a huge difference. Though there are still a few characters due to morphs and scaling that the graft doesn't work well with (Topsy, Ms. Hedgehog, Posey, and Petunia, and some of the creature morphs as examples) it makes a huge improvement for figures using the graft with more robust women.

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
wumpushurkle on 6/15/2022(UTC), Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
rogu31sh  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2022 3:58:15 PM(UTC)
rogu31sh

Holy cow, can I just say thank you for this post? I was going crazy wondering how all my existing models broke, but it was just because I had the Geometry Editor tool active. Switching off of it caused everything to display properly.