Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mik34h8  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 10:27:18 AM(UTC)
mik34h8

Hi everyone, I just finished building a new computer with an RTX 3080 and I'm starting to learn Daz3d. I've noticed on this site that people make props for specific models in Daz and other programs. My question is, what makes a prop for a Genesis 8 female and male? How do I make props for them, if I modeled something in Blender? I want to make a whipping frame I saw on Google, but what makes it suitable for use on the Genesis 8 female and male?

Bumper2  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 11:36:33 AM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 139 post(s)
It's basically in how you save the file. Davo or VunterSlash could give you better explanations, but it's basically after you make the prop itself you position it where you want it on the figure, parent it to the Genesis figure, and save the prop as a wearable.
BrimstoneOmega  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 6:14:03 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
A prop like a whipping frame would only be "for" a genesis character if it has poses with it. Same goes for a sword or a dildo. Only if something is worn or attached to a character (or are poses) would the whole "for Genesis 8" ext. really matter, and then only to a certain point. If you modeled a whipping post and imported it into daz you're all set for something like that.
Hellboy  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 7:22:07 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Probably everything you make in Blender can be just loaded in DAZ Studio and manually placed.

If you want to save it as a prop, so it's ready with materials and stuff, you go use File / Save As / Support Asset / Figure/Prop Asset.

Things are character-specific if they are rigged/parented to that figure.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
JJ3  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 8:46:17 PM(UTC)
JJ3

Thanks Guys. so what I'm reading is that I can use any prop I model in Blender with any of the Genesis models as long as I save it and parent it properly? By the way I'm mik34h8  the original poster; had to reset my password because the site wouldn't let me login.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2022 8:48:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified