Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RKane_1  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2022 6:51:09 AM(UTC)
RKane_1

I love the look of the figure and I would like to invest but I use DAZ Studio and I only see info about Poser for the figure. Does it work for DAZ and Iray skin or should I leave that purchase be??

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2022 6:27:01 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

She was crafted for Poser's weight mapping system. Daz Studio uses a different weight mapping system. So while you could likely load up the .obj file you would have to completely rig her for use in Daz Studio, plus depending on how the morphs were saved for the Poser version they may not be accessible either. For example if erogenesis saved the morphs a binary morphs (.pmd) they won't be readable by Daz Studio. (There is an old script for Daz Studio that allowed DS to read .pmd morphs but it no longer works and creator of the script is no longer around to update it to the newer versions)

dsv4600  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:44:52 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
It's possible to get around the .PMD file issue by saving the character from Poser as a .PZ3 (after first having disabled the option to Use Binary Morphs in the general preferences) this results in the morph data being embedded in the .PZ3 as plain text which you can then import into DAZ Studio. Note that you'll likely end up with a big .PZ3 if there are a lot of morphs. That said, I have encountered a lot of problems importing .PZ3s created by Poser 11 which I never had with earlier Poser versions - namely figure geometry smashed all over the place, with eyes and teeth floating outside the figure, and limbs stretched out like chewing gum. I don't know why. I gave up trying to find a solution as the vast bulk of my work is now done in Studio.

But the weight mapping will be the killer for PE.
RKane_1  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 5:05:01 PM(UTC)
RKane_1

Thanks, Guys! :)
Velshtein  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 10:35:54 PM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

I frikkin love ProjectEvo and have used the figure in almost all of my latest poser pix. If you can figure a way to use it in DS then I say more power to ya.