Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DAZSubMan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2022 2:39:23 PM(UTC)
DAZSubMan

I have been unable to locate the Golden Palace Material Copy for Genesis 8.1 Female.

I can find the Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Golden Palace v2 > MAT Copy

When I go to Genesis 8.1 Female > Anatomy > there is no "Golden Palace" folder.

The product says it was updated for Genesis 8.1 Female, I have downloaded the latest version and installed it. I checked the "GoldenPalaceG8Fv2_Readme.txt" and there is no mention of Genesis 8.1.

I assume that I've missed something and need help.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

MrKeeney  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:31:36 PM(UTC)
MrKeeney

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Genesis 8 Female / Anatomy / Golden Palace v2 / 9-Genesis 8_1

that is the path to it it is in the same place as Golden Palace v2 in its own folder called  9-Genesis 8_1 I think it should be in Genesis 8.1 Female but just like all Genesis 8.1 Female products from Dazs own shop you find all Genesis 8.1 Female stuff in Genesis 8 Female 

Edited by user Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:33:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MrKeeney for this useful post.
Meipe on 4/20/2022(UTC)
DAZSubMan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2022 3:35:14 PM(UTC)
DAZSubMan

I do not have a "9-Genesis 8_1" folder. I do not have a "8-(folder name) either.
MrKeeney  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 12:05:29 AM(UTC)
MrKeeney

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I do not have an 8- folder I have 1 -7 and 7 is Storming the Palace an add-on you have to buy separately so 8-folder is an add-on I do not have I think it might be CZ For Genesis 8 Female but that is just my estaminet I just downloaded the zip file and check the zip folder and it has all the stuff how did you install it manually or with Daz Install Manager and did you download the .zip file or the .dsx file

Edited by user Wednesday, April 20, 2022 12:14:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrKeeney attached the following image(s):
DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro 4_20_2022 1_07_45 AM.png
thanks 1 user thanked MrKeeney for this useful post.
Meipe on 4/20/2022(UTC)
haruchai  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 6:53:04 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
When you say you downloaded the latest file was it this one? I just reset it in my account and downloaded it. It definitely has the 9 folder with the 8.1 files in it.
haruchai attached the following image(s):
2022-04-20.png
2022-04-20 (1).png
thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
Meipe on 4/20/2022(UTC)
DAZSubMan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 8:44:04 AM(UTC)
DAZSubMan

Thank you to everyone who helped. I reset my download, downloaded it, reinstalled and now it is there. I believed that I had the latest version. Thanks again!
FeaturedOn  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:07:29 PM(UTC)
FeaturedOn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

So I re-downloaded GP with the 8.1 files.  Picked the default Genesis 8.1 Basic Female, applied Golden Palace v2/9-Genesis 8_1
Genetalia_v2 (no rigidity), Shell, Copy Materials

When I set viewfinder to Iray it does this... tried a bunch of options I found before posting here.

Edit:  Uninstalling every DAZ file and executable, then deleting the folder, restarting, and reinstalling the basics... Still produces the issue with Basic Female & Victoria 8.1.  Deleting the character and using UNDO will reload the model with a "white" shell issue.  Using Shell Fix on the GP shell will resolve.

Reproducing with a clean scene and applying the shell fix before Deletion will have no effect.  This was tried several times before writing the first post anyway, but worth mentioning.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2022 1:02:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: new info

FeaturedOn attached the following image(s):
gen8.1.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked FeaturedOn for this useful post.
Meipe on 7/6/2022(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 4:34:02 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: FeaturedOn Go to Quoted Post

So I re-downloaded GP with the 8.1 files.  Picked the default Genesis 8.1 Basic Female, applied Golden Palace v2/9-Genesis 8_1
Genetalia_v2 (no rigidity), Shell, Copy Materials

When I set viewfinder to Iray it does this... tried a bunch of options I found before posting here.

Edit:  Uninstalling every DAZ file and executable, then deleting the folder, restarting, and reinstalling the basics... Still produces the issue with Basic Female & Victoria 8.1.  Deleting the character and using UNDO will reload the model with a "white" shell issue.  Using Shell Fix on the GP shell will resolve.

Reproducing with a clean scene and applying the shell fix before Deletion will have no effect.  This was tried several times before writing the first post anyway, but worth mentioning.

The Shell may take a long time to draw in based on your GPU speed and draw settings. (remove the shell and see if the issue is corrected)

Make sure your have G8.1F selected when loading GP graft, to parent it to G8.1F figure properly.

Try switching to your Node Selector (Arrow) Tool instead on Scene Navigator (4 NSEW arrows) Tool in the toolbar. (daz bugs shells with certain tools sometimes)

Make sure you're not mistakenly applying the material copy to the gens or shells by having the gen graft/gen shell selected in the scene or surfaces tab instead of G8.1F when running the script.

If your files are up to date, Load G8.1F, (With G8.1F selected in the scene) Load GP, (With G8.1F selected Run 9-Mat Copy for G8.1F, should be good. Load Shells on after and apply shell colors and shell fixers to the any "white" shells with the shells selected in the scene as needed. 

A rare but fairly commonly encountered daz error or bug (usually with shells displaying in Iray) should solve on simple restart.

If your files are up to date, gen grafts are parented, proper load order and node selection followed, node selector tool equipped, daz isnt bugging, draw times are good, but you're still having display issues, make sure your NVIDIA GPU's drivers are up to date. 

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 6/18/2022(UTC)
noob_yg  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2022 7:31:21 PM(UTC)
noob_yg

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Meipe,

Rather than creating a new topic, I'll stick my nose on this one as it is in the same line.

Whenever I copy the mats using the 8.1 mat copy, the UV Set of the GP changes to Girl 7 automatically. I have to manually change it to Default UV each time. In fact, all the options that I have are only for G3 no options for G8 or above. When was the last time you updated the GP? I downloaded it last time on 2 November 2021.

Cheers
thanks 1 user thanked noob_yg for this useful post.
Meipe on 7/6/2022(UTC)
deludedjoe  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2022 1:14:20 PM(UTC)
deludedjoe

I am having the same issue as in the original post with both Golden Palace and Dictator.  No matter how many times I rest and redownload I still don't get the 8.1 file.  

I started to think that I didn't buy the latest version and that there was an 8.1 in addition to the 8.  That doesn't seem to be the case.  I did notice however on the one I purchased one with the extended licence doesn't mention anything about 8.1 in the file list where the one without the extended licence does.

Does this mean I'm going to have to rebuy everything without the extended licence just to get it to work?

BrimstoneOmega  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2022 2:39:50 AM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: deludedjoe Go to Quoted Post

I am having the same issue as in the original post with both Golden Palace and Dictator.  No matter how many times I rest and redownload I still don't get the 8.1 file.  

I started to think that I didn't buy the latest version and that there was an 8.1 in addition to the 8.  That doesn't seem to be the case.  I did notice however on the one I purchased one with the extended licence doesn't mention anything about 8.1 in the file list where the one without the extended licence does.

Does this mean I'm going to have to rebuy everything without the extended licence just to get it to work?

Maybe the extended license one got overlooked with the updates. Either way, all the 8.1 updates are listed in Meipe's signature, just look at the suggestion thread they started, first post will have your links (in their signature

thanks 2 users thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
deludedjoe on 7/4/2022(UTC), Meipe on 7/6/2022(UTC)
Meipe  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2022 1:17:45 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)

If you have a problem downloading the new zips, here are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gegaacs28kxm6wr/GoldenPalace_GF8_1.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7k5en3d2mu7vxk/Dicktator_GM8_1.zip?dl=0

thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
deludedjoe on 7/7/2022(UTC)
Meipe  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2022 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrimstoneOmega Go to Quoted Post

Maybe the extended license one got overlooked with the updates. Either way, all the 8.1 updates are listed in Meipe's signature, just look at the suggestion thread they started, first post will have your links (in their signature

You may be right, I'll check about that

thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
deludedjoe on 7/7/2022(UTC)