Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Darkmage01  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2022 8:51:13 PM(UTC)
Darkmage01

I have purchased Layla's Strip Club VIP Lounge Set.

When I load the set, three of the props are appearing as gray blocks.  They are:'Table Small Legs', 'Table Small round Base', and 'Table Big Legs'.

I deleted them and reloaded the prop, but still got gray blocks.

I even redownloaded the files and installed them again to Studio, but no change.

One thing I did notice was when I select the item, when I go to the Surfaces tab, the item does not appear.  Is the shaders not loaded?

Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it?

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2022 2:55:18 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
If there's other stuff showing up in the scene when loaded (you're in the correct the viewport view) but only a few items appear as blocks its usually a misallocated file or link error in a data or duf file. Daz cant find the mesh info.

If everything was installed to correct folders, its in the files. I dont own it or Id check it for ya if it was possible.

Can you load those props individually outside the full set? Maybe its just the complete load that contains the error for those props.
Darkmage01  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2022 8:43:24 PM(UTC)
Darkmage01

I tried loading these props outside of the set, and just get blocks.

I went back to the data files for this set and I found duplicate files for these props in another props folder.

I removed these duplicate files and the props still load a gray blocks, but now loading the set gets me a files not found for these props.

TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 3:01:42 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Looking at the File List on the Read Me

You should have a data file .dsf in the data folder (Plus looks like a Frame.dsf) for each.
* I notice the file names don't match but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the link issue.

Then you'll have 2 files for each in the Props folder (Props\Layla\Layla's VIP Lounge)
One file will be a .duf (This is the file that links back to the data file and holds category info)
The other is a .duf.psd which is the picture/icon inside the content folder.

If everything's in the right place then the files might need to be edited. With the difference in names that's a possibility.

Its on sale and my wishlist so I just bought it. If the files aren't encrypted Ill be able to take a look.

---------------------------------------------------------------

YIKES!!! First glance, this is FUBAR.

No runtime folder!

UVs that load correctly with "Default" surfaces are, carpet, ceiling, floor, and 2 wall fillers. Others load with "wire_number" surfaces. 

Those all look a mess in UV view.

Table Big Legs, Table Small Legs, and Table Small Base have no Surface UVs showing at all, but they are some of the few with correct data folder allocations.

The duf files aren't encrypted so they can be viewed and edited. Im thinking it must be in the internal file links but not an easy fix at 4:30am when your going cross eyed. 

Ill take a look with fresh eyes tomorrow/later today and see if I locate the errors and hack a workaround with some edits (filenames or links), but anyone else at a higher pay grade or experience lvl with this product able to get to it sooner hope this info helps.

--------------------------------------------------------- 

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2022 4:49:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Darkmage01 on 3/5/2022(UTC)
Darkmage01  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2022 9:51:20 PM(UTC)
Darkmage01

Thanks for looking into this TheBitterGent.

Hopefully you can make a fix for this.
TheBitterGent  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2022 5:39:29 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

It aint pretty.

I did notice if you are using the scene as is. The "Table Small Round Base (2)" (The table where everything's parented to the "leg") loads in.
- You can load the scene (Bright or Dark) right click "Select All" in the scene tab and "Delete Selected" then reload the scene again then both small round bases will show. This will need to be done everytime loading the scene though.
- Swapping, Duplication, and Changing and saving as Modified Asset won't keep.
- Duplicating the correctly loaded table repositioning and ALSO resizing (I swear this this thing is like a problem onion) and saving scene results in the originally good 2nd table base to load in incorrectly..... Grrrrrrr.

Managed to look into files and aside from some basic labeling no real advancements made there.
I dont see the UVs in there for the big table legs and the small square table legs.

The artist with pre-update files or the objs can rewrap them and update the zip maybe.

If you are in a pinch you can double load the scene (it'll read the small round bases on second load) and either make block legs of primatives for the other tables or duplicate, move, resize, reshade one of the vases if you want quick more decorative legs without modeling.

That's where Im at right now.

matt  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2022 2:18:38 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

This is interesting. I'd not noticed it before, and I have that set. I just assumed that the tables were solid like that. Yes, Layla definitely needs to fix this.

Absinthe  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2023 7:53:37 PM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

As always, you can reach out to the vendor for customer service. All README files inside the product zips contain direct email addresses to the vendors.

If the vendor doesn't know there is a problem and you haven't contacted customer service, we can't work on a fix.

First step, FIND the vendor's email in the readme. They MUST respond in 72 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. If they do not respond, contact customer service. We WILL get this sorted.

Absinthe