Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noob_yg  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 7:11:52 PM(UTC)
noob_yg

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Hi lightBLUE,

I've been keeping my eyes on your pubic hair products for a while as they are, in my opinion, the most realistic pubic hair I've seen. Having said that, I've also read some of the topics and issues surrounding them. If I understand correctly, there are two problems that pops up frequently:

1. the hair doesn't move with the figure and,

2. an error comes up when trying to attach the hair when the original geograft was modified.

From what I read, these issues are not a defect of your product but a limitation of the technology used, the strand-based hair.

This new product https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/65161_Golden-Growler-Pro promises to solve issue No. 2, which is great.

Am I correct?

However, based on the readme file, we still need to unparent the hair if we want to move the figure using the root bone.

Since the problem stem from the technology used, have you considered going back to using fibermesh instead for GPv2 and latest versions of Meipe's genital products? I understand these issues are not present when using fibermesh.

I must say though, from the images, the hair in the fibermesh product does not look as real as those using the strand-based hair (an obvious personal opinion). Is this a limitation of the fibermesh?

Cheers.

lightBLUE  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 7:56:20 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi,

Thanks for the message.

Yeah, Golden Growler Pro does not have the problem with geografts now, cause it's made a bit differently. And there will be soon some new products made the same way to avoid this issue.

And for the first issue, it's not really an issue, the parenting is not needed at all, if you just fit the hair it will follow the figure with no problems.
Parenting is only advised if your figure is already in a pose when you fit the hair, so in that case, if you parent the hair after fitting, it will just snap into the position on your posed figure.
But if you try to move the figure by its root bone the hair will not follow as expected and therefore you should just unparent the hair as soon as it snaps into the position and then you can move the figure as you like.
So as you can see it's not an issue, there is no need for parenting and if you need it to snap to the figure just unparent it straightaway, it's literally just two clicks more. That is just the way it should be used and if you do so you will have absolutely no problems.

I agree with you that the strand-based hair looks just far more realistic and it should be easier on the machine as well, so for those reasons I'm planning to make more products with this technology.
It is different than the fibermesh and that's just something to keep in mind while using it, the fibermesh has also its flaws, different ones but never the less.

I hope this answers your question :)
thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
noob_yg on 2/12/2022(UTC)
noob_yg  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 8:43:43 PM(UTC)
noob_yg

Thanks for the quick reply.

My concern with the parent/unparent though is that, if I create a scene with multiple poses throughout the timeline where I move the figure using the root bone, I will have to unparent/parent the hair at each and every single frame in which the root bone moved.
Did I get that right?

If so, will I have issues if I cycle through the different frames? Will they remain where it should? Or do I have to go back and do the parent/unparent thing?

Also, you said this:
"And for the first issue, it's not really an issue, the parenting is not needed at all, if you just fit the hair it will follow the figure with no problems. Parenting is only advised if your figure is already in a pose when you fit the hair, so in that case, if you parent the hair after fitting, it will just snap into the position on your posed figure."

And I got confused... Does that mean that if I start at zero A pose and fit (but not parent) the hair, I can move and pose the figure around (including use of the root bone) and the hair will follow?

Sorry for the noob question. I don't fully understand the differences between parenting and fitting. All I know is that when you parent item A into item B, it is embedded one level below in the hierarchy inside item B. There are plenty clothes that on loading they are fitted to the figure but are not parented as the clothing is not embedded one level below in the figure. But I don't understand the implications of it.

Cheers
lightBLUE  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

No worries.

"Does that mean that if I start at zero A pose and fit (but not parent) the hair, I can move and pose the figure around (including use of the root bone) and the hair will follow?" <<=== Exactly! :)
So if you're starting with the default A pose, then just fit the hair and forget the parenting, it will follow the figure however you move it and you will have absolutely no problems.

Once again, parenting is only used if you want the hair to snap into place on an already posed figure(not in the default A pose), and even in that case you should just parent and unparent it straight away, and if you do that, the hair will follow the figure as expected (assuming it was fitted first, fitting is necessary always and it should be done as soon as you load the hair) and you will be able to move the figure by the root bone or however you want. So just don't leave it parented after it snaps into place and there will be no problems.

Don't worry about it, I'm always glad to help if I can. And maybe this conversation could also help someone else wondering the same thing :)

noob_yg on 2/12/2022(UTC)
noob_yg  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 9:39:19 PM(UTC)
noob_yg

Excellent!

I'm buying Golden Growler Pro right now.

Cheers.
lightBLUE  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 10:07:51 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Thanks.

And if you have any more questions feel free to write.
You'll also find my email in the readme file.

I hope you like the product and enjoy using it.
haruchai  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 12:07:11 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Originally Posted by: noob_yg Go to Quoted Post
Excellent!

I'm buying Golden Growler Pro right now.

Cheers.

Yes, this thread gave lightBLUE another sale too :)

lightBLUE  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 5:47:23 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Cheers mate :)

Hope you enjoy using the product as well!
DontTellMyWife  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2022 5:56:36 PM(UTC)
DontTellMyWife

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Any chance the previous non-pro versions will be available for pro going forward? Like "Natural" and "curly"?
I LOVE the ease of using the Pro conformer, but am getting bored of the few hair shapes available in the Pro version. ;)

Thanks for the great product regardless!
Erik
lightBLUE  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2022 9:45:29 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Hey Erik, thanks.
I'm glad you like the Pro versions.

I will consider doing a Pro Natural Curly version :)
If there is a demand for such a product, of course
DontTellMyWife on 8/29/2022(UTC)