Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
booray  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 5:47:20 AM(UTC)
booray

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

UPDATE: Thanks to the DazToBlender discord, this has been solved.  Simply add a child bone to Shaft7 in the bone editor of Daz and it works great.  Now just need to learn how to fix the textures :)

Meipe,

Disclaimer: I'm familiar with licensing for interactive redistribution.  I'm not redistributing, working on something for myself. 

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to get Dicktator into Unreal.  I've tried many approaches, settings, etc.  I know I can export into Blender (done that already) and have this resolved, however I'm using the DazToUnreal bridge to create all of the materials and rigging.

When I send the character to Unreal, there's the following main problems, the head of the penis is disconnected from the rest of the shaft.  Bone 7 just floats around.  I've tried exporting the mesh from Unreal to Blender to fix this but it is a huge pain and didn't work completely.  See the following pics.

Any reason you can think that the head would be treated differently than the shaft?  Also it would be great if there was a way to collapse the shader from the shell down and eliminate it completely, even if it was with a custom script or something...

DazToUnreal direct with shell:

Moving the character with an animation, notice the shell floats by as it is considered a "prop" so it isn't attached to the mesh.  The head of the penis moves around lagging behind the shaft like a snake:

This is movement, exported without adding a shell in Daz:

I spent a few hours trying to clean it up, this is Unreal > export as FBX to blender > remove shell (there's actually 3 dicks this method, two not connected including the shell, and one part of the mesh, this is after deleting the other two).  This is with mild rotation of shaft1.  I tried cleaning up any extra verticies, collapsing holes, etc.  It got a little better but did not fix.

This is the same edited fbx back into unreal to replace the mesh I exported from unreal:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm tired of staring at this dick for 9 hours of this! Figured this would be easier than working on the GP which is up next for import, I was wrong!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 29, 2021 12:31:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked booray for this useful post.
gmretoica623 on 12/29/2021(UTC)
booray  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 12:34:48 AM(UTC)
booray

Solved, updated first post.

gmretoica623  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 1:35:21 AM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Once you do figure how to get the textures working, it would be great if you could share how to do it

Meipe  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 1:51:38 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)
thanks 3 users thanked Meipe for this useful post.
gmretoica623 on 12/31/2021(UTC), booray on 1/1/2022(UTC), Twisted_Pencil on 1/13/2022(UTC)
booray  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2022 3:07:32 AM(UTC)
booray

Thanks so much!  Will try this out ASAP!

dron1204  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 10:34:08 AM(UTC)
dron1204

Originally Posted by: booray Go to Quoted Post

UPDATE: Thanks to the DazToBlender discord, this has been solved.  Simply add a child bone to Shaft7 in the bone editor of Daz and it works great.  Now just need to learn how to fix the textures :)

Meipe,

Disclaimer: I'm familiar with licensing for interactive redistribution.  I'm not redistributing, working on something for myself. 

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to get Dicktator into Unreal.  I've tried many approaches, settings, etc.  I know I can export into Blender (done that already) and have this resolved, however I'm using the DazToUnreal bridge to create all of the materials and rigging.

When I send the character to Unreal, there's the following main problems, the head of the penis is disconnected from the rest of the shaft.  Bone 7 just floats around.  I've tried exporting the mesh from Unreal to Blender to fix this but it is a huge pain and didn't work completely.  See the following pics.

Any reason you can think that the head would be treated differently than the shaft?  Also it would be great if there was a way to collapse the shader from the shell down and eliminate it completely, even if it was with a custom script or something...

DazToUnreal direct with shell:

Moving the character with an animation, notice the shell floats by as it is considered a "prop" so it isn't attached to the mesh.  The head of the penis moves around lagging behind the shaft like a snake:

This is movement, exported without adding a shell in Daz:

I spent a few hours trying to clean it up, this is Unreal > export as FBX to blender > remove shell (there's actually 3 dicks this method, two not connected including the shell, and one part of the mesh, this is after deleting the other two).  This is with mild rotation of shaft1.  I tried cleaning up any extra verticies, collapsing holes, etc.  It got a little better but did not fix.

This is the same edited fbx back into unreal to replace the mesh I exported from unreal:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm tired of staring at this dick for 9 hours of this! Figured this would be easier than working on the GP which is up next for import, I was wrong!

How do I do that?

booray  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 10:51:21 AM(UTC)
booray

Tools > Joint Editor, select Shaft 7 bone and right click, Create, Create Child Bone.

thanks 1 user thanked booray for this useful post.
dron1204 on 1/13/2022(UTC)
booray  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
booray

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
Sharing some info about merging the textures (one way using Blender, one using DAZ Studio):

https://www.dropbox.com/...xturingTutorial.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/...FlattenTutorial.pdf?dl=0

Meipe, can you clarify the steps for Dicktator with the DAZ studio steps? 

For instance the PW version for DAZ mentions a Golden Palace Project Tool for Labia Majora which doesn't seem to have an equivalent  for DT.  Also the UV channels are Default UVs, Dicktator UVs, and Dicktator UVs v2.

booray  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2022 2:16:03 AM(UTC)
booray

I didn't get very far with the steps, I'm trying to avoid going into blender.  I do know photoshop, but at this time I'm trying to get the Dicktator skin over.  It looks like basically you have to paint your own in PS, there's no way to build it up with the textures in Dicktator itself?

Meipe  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2022 12:40:48 PM(UTC)
Meipe

weetobix  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2023 1:17:10 AM(UTC)
weetobix

Hello all,

I know this is a pretty old thread but really trying to flatten the dicktator textures into a single UV. Did anyone ever come across a solution to the below:

...Meipe, can you clarify the steps for Dicktator with the DAZ studio steps?

For instance the PW version for DAZ mentions a Golden Palace Project Tool for Labia Majora which doesn't seem to have an equivalent for DT. Also the UV channels are Default UVs, Dicktator UVs, and Dicktator UVs v2.

I've been following the PussyWizard instructions for Golden Palace but stumped at no equivalent to the Golden Palace Project Tool
Meipe  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2023 1:08:48 AM(UTC)
Meipe

I believe users are using diffeomorphic's export plugin to merge the textures as it's easier.

If you want to use Map Transfer, select Dicktator, and use the settings on pic 1
You'll have the main figure's textures transfered on "Dicktator UVs v2" UV set (pic 2)
Then merge in Photoshop/Gimp the Dicktator's textures (to be found under \Runtime\Textures\Meipex\M_Dicktalicious\Genitalia_v3\Dicktator\Texture Set 1/2) with the previous projected textures using "Dicktator_DK_TM.jpg" as a layer mask. (pic 3)

Meipe attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
weetobix  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2023 12:27:21 PM(UTC)
weetobix

Thanks very, very much, Meipe. This makes all a bit more sense now. Much apprecited!