Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cryphius3DX  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2021 7:28:07 PM(UTC)
Cryphius3DX

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 37 post(s)

When i try to fit Natual Golden Growler to either Golden Palace Gens or Shell, I get the following error:

"Resource Error

Unable to "Fit To" the target node. The Fit To parameter on the selected Strand-Based Hair node is set to an object with incompatable geometry"

I am using the latest Golden Palace v2

lightBLUE  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2021 8:25:35 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi,

It can be fitted to Golden Palace Shell only.

Have you read the README file and the instructions?

If you followed the instructions it should fit the shell with no problems, unless the geometry is changed in some way.
As stated there, if you are applying some other products that may alter the geometry of the shell, then the hair prop can be fitted only before applying those products.
This is just the way that strand-based hair functions, it can only be fitted to the geometry it was designed for.
That error message appears if you try to fit the hair to the wrong geometry, or if the geometry is right but you altered it by applying some other product before fitting the hair.

Hope that helps.
SRG32  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 5:25:16 AM(UTC)
SRG32

I am having this problem too.

I have Golden Palace V2, with the 8.1 update.

When I add any asset from the folder "Natural Golden Growler - Genesis 8.1 Female", it doesn't attach to anything. When I try to use Fit To and attach it to Golden Palace Shell, it gives me the error message.

"Unable to "Fit To" the target node. The Fit To parameter on the selected Strand-Based Hair node is set to an object with incompatible geometry."

The model I use is Genesis 8.1 Female.

No other product has been applied to Golden Palace, this is just apply GP correctly > apply NGG, no other step.

Would very much appreciate help here.

Update: Seems from reading another thread that this problem is unsolvable, so long as you have any other geoshell on the character (like Breastacular). This is apparently not a fault of lightBLUE but an issue with Daz itself and strand-based hair. What a shame.

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2022 5:41:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lightBLUE  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 1:37:37 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi SRG32,

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier.
Yes, the update you posted is correct. Thanks for sharing that here.

Those problems with SBH technology led me to create later on the "Pro" sets that use their own holder prop
and fit to that instead of the genital shell(Golden Growler Pro, Growler NG Pro, Growler Dicktate Pro, and Growler F Pro).
Because of that, they can be used with multiple shells attached with no problems.

If you need any more information, please feel free to write to my email.

PS - There is that workaround that I think I already discussed in some of the treads here.
To load two identical figures, one without those extra shells, fit the hair to that one, match the pose of the first figure, and then switch the visibility off on the figure that the hair is attached to.
This is applicable for still pose rendering and in cases where this isn't too much extra work.
Hope that helps.
thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
SRG32 on 9/18/2022(UTC)