Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodgevision  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 9:51:23 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

I was wondering if anyone had any insight why trying to use the Golden Palace v2 on an 8.1 model, for this case, it's the Satomi Model that it is not working for. To be exact on my issue the vagina will be placed in the correct spot but when I try and copy over the material using the "Copy Mat" script, it gives me a message saying "The model needs to be Gen 8". Right now I have to go into the surfaces tab and place textures myself for it to even come close to what I think it should look for this model but I would like to be able to use the Copy Mats button included with the Golden Palace. If anyone has any insight that would be great as I am not sure if it's a bug or something on my end but I believe this has the ability to work with 8.1 models based on your specs for what it is compatible with.

Thanks for any info or help you can give me for getting this to work with a genesis 8.1 model

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 11:52:11 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Make sure you have the latest download of Golden Palace V2 as it was recently updated to work with 8.1 (Previously there were some material copy scripts and stuff to work as temporary fixes) 

There should be a sub folder in the Golden Palace V2 folder marked as 9-Genesis 8_1

that folder should have versions of the GP, GP Shell, and Material Copy Script for Genesis 8.1

If the issue still remains after using the Genesis 8.1 versions there may be issue with that particular figure Meipe may have to look into, but other than occasionally having to update the shader to PBRSkin on the gens if it doesn't automatically apply it when material copy script for 8.1 is used, I've not had any issues using GP with G8.1

dodgevision  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:37:54 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

@BrotherHades

Ok thank you I will try that and message if that works, I only thought to not do that as I got the last update since his last mention of changes so I thought that might not be the case but when I get a chance I will try that.
dodgevision  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 7:04:37 PM(UTC)
dodgevision

@BrotherHades

I was able to find it yeah there was something in the folder where the script was located so I made a note of that I was just thrown off cause I thought it might appear with-in Daz but I just have to make sure to navigate to the folder and double click the script. Thanks for the advice.
Pyro_Steed  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:16:27 AM(UTC)
Pyro_Steed

I'm having a similar issue with the Ensley figure. I have the latest version of Golden Palace for 8.1 but I get the "genesis 8.1 female not found!" error. Isn't there a way to rename the torso or something to get around this issue?

BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 5:01:37 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: Pyro_Steed Go to Quoted Post

I'm having a similar issue with the Ensley figure. I have the latest version of Golden Palace for 8.1 but I get the "genesis 8.1 female not found!" error. Isn't there a way to rename the torso or something to get around this issue?

Are you loading the Ensley Character, or are you adding the morphs and texture to a Genesis 8.1 Female figure. My guess is the  character's scene ID was altered from Genesis 8.1, or it could be a situation where the 8.1 support was added on the product page after it released and it is truly a Genesis 8 Female character, but lists Genesis 8 or Genesis 8.1 under the supported figures. (Which technically all Genesis 8 Female characters are supported by Genesis 8.1, but it doesn't work the other way ie. Genesis 8.1 Female characters won't work on Genesis 8 Female)

If the scene ID of the character hasn't been changed and it is actually G8F based character you should just be using the basic Genesis 8 Female version of Golden Palace. 

Pyro_Steed  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 6:38:36 PM(UTC)
Pyro_Steed

I've tried both the 8.1 and 8 version of golden palace materials. I made an 8.1 figure, applied golden palace, and it works, but then applied Ensley and the materials stop working for the figure (just turns white)
BrotherHades  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 7:23:51 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: Pyro_Steed Go to Quoted Post
I've tried both the 8.1 and 8 version of golden palace materials. I made an 8.1 figure, applied golden palace, and it works, but then applied Ensley and the materials stop working for the figure (just turns white)

I believe if you are applying a G8F character and materials to a G8.1F character you still should be using the 8.1 Material Copy script, as which script is used is based off the base figure used. 

Make sure you run the copy material script after applying Ensley's Materials (Also if you make any adjustments like translucency be sure to run or re run the material copy script afterwards), and then apply the shell texture to the shell. (The choice here is up to preference as the GP shell is mainly to color labia and anus materials). 

Do you have more than one graft on the figure?

I ask because usually the white is due to either forgetting to apply texture to the shell, or additional surfaces being added to shells as new grafts are added. Example if you have Breastacular and Golden Palace, when you add the grafts or or other shells the shells for GP and Breastacular, will add the surfaces from the other graft to the shell, and since there is no material information for the GP surfaces in the Breastacular shell it defaults to white on those added surfaces, and vice-versa. This is fixable by either manually turning off the additional surfaces on the shells or running the shell fix script on every shell in the scene one at a time.