Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BM4DGN  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 11:08:04 AM(UTC)
BM4DGN

I have been struggling for a while with trying to match up a genitalia with a custom skin I created on a figure using a Skin Builder product.

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial on this?  I am talking ALL Genesis figures but will settle for GF8 and GF8.1.  Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever considered creating a Skin Builder that would address this issue? Maybe a product that would be a one size fits all?

Another option is to integrate the Genitalia that comes with the figure into the Skin Builder product.

haruchai  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 3:49:52 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I haven't fired up skin builder in a while but I thought it did apply to DAZ Gens. Things like Golden Palace will work with the copy materials scripts.

From the sales page - Create a base skin which utilizes different skin races which can be blended to your liking. This also supports and applies to the Daz Female Anatomical Elements
BM4DGN  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2021 9:29:17 PM(UTC)
BM4DGN

If Skin Builders from DAZ do that I am at a loss to see how. 
Can yo giv me more information on Golden Palace? I have never heard of it.

Where can I find it? Any information you can add would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.

haruchai  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 11:32:24 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
There is a section in the User Guide pdf of Skin Builder that is included in the product. Look in the following folder in your DAZ Library People-Genesis 8 Female-Materials-Skin Builder 8-Resources. There is a file called 'Skin Builder 8 UserGuide.pdf'. In that there is a section called 'Explaining the gens tab'. That gives a detailed explanation of how to deal with creating gens textures.

As alternatives to the DAZ gens there are others for sale here. The two I use most are Golden Palace and New Genitalia For V8. These are both geografts like the DAZ Gens and have scripts that copy the existing textures on the figure to the gens but give you a lot more control over the rest of the gens than the DAZ ones.

https://www.renderotica....ace-For-Genesis-8-Female
https://www.renderotica...._New-Gens-For-Victoria-8

These are not the only two by any means, Sledgehammer does a female gens also. Go the the store page of Renderotica and on the left filter by Naughty Bits-Female and this will give what you are looking for, different options and many many addons for both the above gens, DAZ gens and others.

Any further queries just shout :)
Communications  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
Communications

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 116 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BM4DGN Go to Quoted Post

I have been struggling for a while with trying to match up a genitalia with a custom skin I created on a figure using a Skin Builder product.

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial on this?  I am talking ALL Genesis figures but will settle for GF8 and GF8.1.  Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever considered creating a Skin Builder that would address this issue? Maybe a product that would be a one size fits all?

Another option is to integrate the Genitalia that comes with the figure into the Skin Builder product.

Anytime you launch Skin builder you must have the Daz gens loaded onto your character,  then setup your skin as you normally would and when you are ready simply go to the UTILITIES tab and then SAVE SKIN AND MATERIAL PRESETS.

From there as long as the daz gens are loaded onto the model clicking on the "Anatomy Material Preset Name" it will output the Daz genitals textures and a preset file.

HOWEVER, it appears this does not always work if you did not run the "Build Skin"  from the main part of the script first, it's kind of a head scratcher though as the ONLY time genital textures are even created / appear in the temp directory is ONLY when you click on the thing in utilities.

SO if you're building a new skin it should work everytime,  but if your loading a skin in later to add fine details or skin overlays it doesn't seem to work then (which is a pain sadly)

Also since we're talking Skin Builder here are a few other helpful tips ;)

1: Skin Builder does NOT optimize images when saving them, you can run all outputted images through PhotoShop (or any other image editor) to cut their file sizes up to 70% before any loss of quality happens.

2: Unless I missed an update, the script seems to truncate -'s so raw image filenames SHOULD be renamed just to clean them up a bit IF you're looking at commercial use,  however leaving it alone is totally your choice.

3:  for experienced users only!   did you know you can add your own stuff to SB??  simply goto \Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG8FMR and find the proper folder and either replace files with your own or add your own (Always make backups before you start messing around though ;) )

For example,  I've straight up replaced the included lashes with my own lashes along with tweaks I've made to the stuff in "skin overlays"  There's also ways to just add new stuff into the script and have it show up in the script UI but I'd have to hunt it back down as I've NOT done it to version 8 yet and it's been some years since I hacked up Skin Builder 3 lol

Teronsuke
Community Manager / Social Media Manager
Renderotica / CGbytes

BM4DGN  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 9:05:13 PM(UTC)
BM4DGN

Not sure I mentioned it but I am looking to put male genitalia on GF8, I have used a legacy skin and that does seem to be a problem with that.