Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JefJefson  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2021 5:45:47 AM(UTC)
JefJefson

How to avoid this problem with Breastacular, Dicktator and Golden Palace when rendered with Octane render engine in Daz Studio? I always get weird situations on the body of my models if I use Dicktator/Golden Palace/Breastacular in Octane. Normally Octane carries materials and textures over from Iray. If there is any solution at all, or if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know. I cant be the only one having these problems.

https://ibb.co/HrPVdtT

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2021 10:51:54 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

To me it looks like Octane is not applying transparency to the shells where Daz Studio does, I'm not sure if there is an easy solution as I've never touched Octane, but it looks like an instance where Octane handles transparency/opacity differently than Iray or 3Delight even, so when the textures are auto-converted to Octane it is not getting the information that the black parts on the opacity map are supposed to be invisible. Like I said I don't use Octane so I don't know if it uses different settings for opacity or not, but the issue is it is not reading the opacity maps for the shells like it should, so the black areas (which in Daz Studio a black area on trans map/opacity map are seen as invisible) are showing in the render.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
JefJefson on 9/10/2021(UTC)
JefJefson  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2021 4:44:35 PM(UTC)
JefJefson

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

To me it looks like Octane is not applying transparency to the shells where Daz Studio does, I'm not sure if there is an easy solution as I've never touched Octane, but it looks like an instance where Octane handles transparency/opacity differently than Iray or 3Delight even, so when the textures are auto-converted to Octane it is not getting the information that the black parts on the opacity map are supposed to be invisible. Like I said I don't use Octane so I don't know if it uses different settings for opacity or not, but the issue is it is not reading the opacity maps for the shells like it should, so the black areas (which in Daz Studio a black area on trans map/opacity map are seen as invisible) are showing in the render.

Thanks for the information. its been fruitful. I have found a solution. By applying the ready made skins that come with Daz Studio Octane kit to the shell, the black area is gone. New problem. The nipples look a little weird. Doesnt matter. I'l find a way.

JefJefson attached the following image(s):
test.png
propng  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 6:10:34 PM(UTC)
propng

Originally Posted by: JefJefson Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the information. its been fruitful. I have found a solution. By applying the ready made skins that come with Daz Studio Octane kit to the shell, the black area is gone. New problem. The nipples look a little weird. Doesnt matter. I'l find a way.

Maybe far too late but i had the exact same problem with NGV8, the genital area would have small black shapes, to fix this i did the following;

Go to octane materials tab, look for the genitalia colour layer inside that there will be 2 genital materials, 1 for anus and 1 for genital, select the genital and then on the right where all the settings are scroll right down to the bottom (at least it was for me) and there should be a section called "UV Transform / 2D Transformation" - change the "Level of Detail" from 1024x1024 to anything above that (i set mine to 4k)

I'm not sure how it would be done with GP as i don't use it but i'm sure it will work the same for any colour layered shells