Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Goofy-RC  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 11:42:51 AM(UTC)
Goofy-RC

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, when a custom map has been created using the script from Expansion pack, a new surface called "Genitalia" is listed in the G8F surfaces, in the Surface tab. It makes changing the character skin impossible, as the rather large area covered by the genitalia custom surface will stay locked on the character. Is there a way to delete that custom UV, or to restore the default G8F UV to get rid of this ?

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 7:28:41 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Goofy-RC Go to Quoted Post

Hi, when a custom map has been created using the script from Expansion pack, a new surface called "Genitalia" is listed in the G8F surfaces, in the Surface tab. It makes changing the character skin impossible, as the rather large area covered by the genitalia custom surface will stay locked on the character. Is there a way to delete that custom UV, or to restore the default G8F UV to get rid of this ?

Hi, 
This is doable. The polygons in "Genitalia" originally belonged to "Torso" (or "Body" in G8.1F) and "Legs". So if necessary, we only need to re-assign these polygons to "Torso/Body" and "Legs" in the Geometry Editor. This operation is not complicated, I just tried it in DS and it only took a few minutes to complete. And this operation has no effect on the rendering result. 
Hope my answer can help you :) 

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Goofy-RC on 7/9/2021(UTC), Akirael on 7/12/2021(UTC)
Goofy-RC  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 1:37:58 PM(UTC)
Goofy-RC

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi 3feetwolf, and thanks a lot for the quick help ! I'll try this for sure. But in the meantime, I thought about a simple workaround : I'll just save characters as scene subsets before applying the "new textures" script on them, that way it'll be a one-click step to go backward and change the full body textures if needed. 

Great product and add-on by the way, thank you 

thanks 1 user thanked Goofy-RC for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/10/2021(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2021 10:05:37 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Goofy-RC Go to Quoted Post

Hi 3feetwolf, and thanks a lot for the quick help ! I'll try this for sure. But in the meantime, I thought about a simple workaround : I'll just save characters as scene subsets before applying the "new textures" script on them, that way it'll be a one-click step to go backward and change the full body textures if needed. 

Great product and add-on by the way, thank you 

Hi, 

This is a good way, well done!