Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrvoll  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 2:38:57 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

I know I asked this once before, but it never seemed to get resolved...

The problem is that even though I  choose a brown anus, plus the skin around the anus to be brown, on most models it comes out either grey-ish or white-ish. There is no difference in any of the anus color settings.

Here is Victoria 8.1 with choosing the darkest brown anus settings when setting up the gens for her...

Edited by user Wednesday, June 9, 2021 2:42:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mrvoll attached the following image(s):
White anus problem.png
Twisted_Pencil  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 8:22:16 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
This happens with some characters because parameters picked up by the mat copy script from their skin mats have settings - Diffuse > Translucency and Glossy > Reflection mostly I think - that dilute the anus colour that seems ok in preview.

If you alter any of these parameters on just the gens geo-graft you will get a mismatch with the rest of the figure but it can be fixed with a little work in any 2D image editor that supports layers. Using a mask layer you can apply a colourise filter to darken just that area of the Diffuse > Reflection > Base Colour image for the New Gens Anus surface.
Once you have the mask sorted you can save as a template for easy application to the mat images of other figures with the same issue.

You could also create a mask to apply to the offending parameter if you know which one / ones are to blame but just darkening that area of the Diffuse colour image should do the trick.

It is difficult for the mat copy script to cater for all possible material types when there are so many different ways skin mats are done in Iray bet perhaps a greater range of anus colours to choose from would come in handy?
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 2 users thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
mrvoll on 6/9/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/11/2021(UTC)
mrvoll  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 8:48:33 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: Digital_Mercury Go to Quoted Post
This happens with some characters because parameters picked up by the mat copy script from their skin mats have settings - Diffuse > Translucency and Glossy > Reflection mostly I think - that dilute the anus colour that seems ok in preview.

If you alter any of these parameters on just the gens geo-graft you will get a mismatch with the rest of the figure but it can be fixed with a little work in any 2D image editor that supports layers. Using a mask layer you can apply a colourise filter to darken just that area of the Diffuse > Reflection > Base Colour image for the New Gens Anus surface.
Once you have the mask sorted you can save as a template for easy application to the mat images of other figures with the same issue.

You could also create a mask to apply to the offending parameter if you know which one / ones are to blame but just darkening that area of the Diffuse colour image should do the trick.

It is difficult for the mat copy script to cater for all possible material types when there are so many different ways skin mats are done in Iray bet perhaps a greater range of anus colours to choose from would come in handy?

So the thing is though, I'm finding maybe 2 or 3 total characters out of several hundred GF8 characters have anything resembling brown anuses, and even they aren't consistent if the light changes. The rest are white, or light grey. Certainly nothing I'd call dark, or brown. Even if you cover them with the pubic hair, it's like someone's shining a flashlight through the hairs back at you. And, there is no difference in what you choose. If I choose light, flesh or dark brown, it's all the same. Most of the time I don't bother and just use the regular gens because both the anus and the surrounding area can easily be colored any color you like, including brown, and all that without fiddling with any editors outside of Daz. What I miss though, is that the "wet" feature is not usable with the regular gens. So it's like we have this wonderful "wet" feature for one version, and a useable anus colorization that is easy to use for the other, but neither one incorporates these two features in one program. It's "take one, but not both" kind of thing. Very unsatisfying ...

MidnightWatcher  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 2:10:56 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

The main reason I use Expansions is for the ability to modify the texture and the surrounding area in ways not possible with the other gens.
Here is a snippet of taking a real anus and applying onto the color map, which can be done with any simple paint program.

The only downside I have with Expansions (except with the current SubD4+ bug) is the bump for the minora is not as detailed because it is has to match the torso and legs material settings.

Edited by user Friday, June 11, 2021 2:17:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MidnightWatcher attached the following image(s):
sample1.png
thanks 3 users thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
mrvoll on 6/11/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/11/2021(UTC), Twisted_Pencil on 6/14/2021(UTC)
mrvoll  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 2:51:42 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: MidnightWatcher Go to Quoted Post

The main reason I use Expansions is for the ability to modify the texture and the surrounding area in ways not possible with the other gens.
Here is a snippet of taking a real anus and applying onto the color map, which can be done with any simple paint program.

But that doesn't look real at all. It's bright red. The texture is real enough, but it looks like it's been pasted onto the gens, and not actually integrated. It looks very odd and out of place. Have you ever modified the colors for the regular Newgens for GF8? You do it all in Daz under "surfaces" where you simply choose which one to work on, and you can change both the core and surrounding colors to magnificent "realistic'ish" effect. I'll see if I can find an example and post it...

thanks 1 user thanked mrvoll for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/11/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 3:05:12 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

The hues aren't matched up to the vag sure, but this is just a quick example I grabbed, it's redder because she's been getting ass pounded. It looks more real in the final render then the original one. Anyway it was meant to be an example, that you can modify the gen textures to fit your needs.

Yes I have used the regular new gens, I will usually start with those when building a character until I have the skin textures the way I want and then create the expansion version. The new gens and expansion share similar geometry but not the overall UVs.

Here is an updated version.

Edited by user Friday, June 11, 2021 3:34:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sample2.png
thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/11/2021(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 9:33:44 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Welcome everyone to have more discussions on this topic, and I will improve the expansion pack accordingly.

Hi mrvoll, I have sent you an email with the modified script, if you have time, please test it and see if it can resolve the offset problem.
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
mrvoll on 6/12/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 12:21:47 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Welcome everyone to have more discussions on this topic, and I will improve the expansion pack accordingly.

Hi mrvoll, I have sent you an email with the modified script, if you have time, please test it and see if it can resolve the offset problem.

3feetwolf, I have several suggestions I would like to share if you don't mind. #1 being a higher detailed map for minora/hood/clit/internal.

I think you have a great product, but illustrated below are some things that I think would make even more great! Thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, June 12, 2021 12:24:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nvx1.png