Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrvoll  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 3:01:19 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Does anybody know why this is happening?

On some models - for instance those from Krashwerks, but now today with this model from Marcius -

MR Isabelle HD for Genesis 8 Female

Daz just locks up and sits on "rendering" for hours and never does anything and I have to use task manager to shut it down. It seems to happen a lot on HD versions of GF8 models.

If I remove the gens the model will once again render. Also, if I use the regular gens for GF8 the model renders fine. But always with these models it locks Daz up to the point where you can't even quit the program except with Task Manager

thanks 1 user thanked mrvoll for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/6/2021(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 7:33:45 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I also have this issue with Aurore HD for G8F when she has the 3FW New Gens V8 applied.
Same gens work ok on other characters and she works ok without those gens.

DS 4.12
Iray
NVidia 1080

No clues in the DS log, it just hangs.

Am going to try an upgrade to 4.15 just to see if that helps, it does contain some bug fixes / enhancements apparently.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 1 user thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
mrvoll on 6/8/2021(UTC)
mrvoll  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 7:53:45 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Digital_Mercury Go to Quoted Post
I also have this issue with Aurore HD for G8F when she has the 3FW New Gens V8 applied.

DS 4.12
Iray
NVidia 1080

Am going to try an upgrade to 4.15 just to see if that helps, it does contain some bug fixes / enhancements apparently.

I'm using 4.15 and this is happening.

Don't worry though, 3FW is on the case, so it will be solved soon :)

thanks 2 users thanked mrvoll for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/7/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/8/2021(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 9:27:51 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Digital_Mercury Go to Quoted Post

DS 4.12
Iray
NVidia 1080

Yes, I am modifying the script of the Expansion Pack. 
The following is my email to mrvoll, please see my opinion on the value of Render SubD Level. 

"I have tested Isbelle HD and got the following results: 
1. The Min Displacement and Max Displacement of the displacement maps of all skin surfaces of Isbelle HD are set to 0. In other words, these skin surfaces will not have a displacement effect during rendering. When I set the Min Displacement and Max Displacement of all surfaces of gens to 0. There is no problem with rendering at this time. And if I keep the default values ??of Min Displacement and Max Displacement of all surfaces in gens for rendering, daz studio will be locked. 
2. In the Mesh Resolution of the Parameters panel, the Render SubD Level of Isbelle HD is 4 by default. If I change it to a value of 3 or lower, daz studio will not be locked during rendering. 
3. If the character comes with a displacement map, the Expansion Pack script does not make the displacement map of gens and the character's displacement map have the same parameters. If the rendering is successful, there will be an offset between the gens and the surrounding skin. 
Conclusion: Combining points 1 and 2, I think that when the Render SubD Level parameter is set to 4 or higher, there will be some kind of conflict with the replacement effect of gens that we don't know yet, which will cause daz studio to be locked. I am going to modify the Expansion Pack script to solve the problem of offset between the gens and the surrounding skin when the character comes with a displacement map. And when you use HD characters, you can change their Render SubD Level to 3 or lower to avoid daz studio being locked."
If you are interested, you can test your HD characters according to my conclusion to see if it is correct.

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/8/2021(UTC), mrvoll on 6/8/2021(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:53:25 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Just the SubD Level did the trick for this one, it was at 4 so I set it to three and she rendered.

She has no displacement maps so nothing set in parameters just the following values in parameter settings: Min=0, Max=2, Def=1, Val=2
But she was working already so I left those as they were.

I did have a colour mismatch but that was the SSS Reflectance Tint thing - Set Use Limits to Off and manually edit the colour value.

Many thanks.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 2 users thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
mrvoll on 6/8/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/9/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 10:25:12 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

3feet this is exactly what I reported in the other thread. but not just with Isabella. Also with custom characters I make in Blender. But I also have assets like pores that only come out at SubD5 but currenlty can only render at 3.

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/9/2021(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 8:31:52 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: MidnightWatcher Go to Quoted Post

3feet this is exactly what I reported in the other thread. but not just with Isabella. Also with custom characters I make in Blender. But I also have assets like pores that only come out at SubD5 but currenlty can only render at 3.

Oops, sorry I ignored your post. At present, I cannot find out the reason why the render subd level cannot be greater than 3. If you need to show pores, perhaps baking displacement maps and normal maps is an option.

MidnightWatcher  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 2:47:21 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Oops, sorry I ignored your post. At present, I cannot find out the reason why the render subd level cannot be greater than 3. If you need to show pores, perhaps baking displacement maps and normal maps is an option.

I just mentioned pores as an example, it's actually things like knuckles that don't come out well baked, only actual geometry seems to work well.

3feetwolf  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 9:07:00 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

I just mentioned pores as an example, it's actually things like knuckles that don't come out well baked, only actual geometry seems to work well.

Maybe you can get displacement maps and normal maps with only details like pores by adjusting the parameters? I have never used blender but I know that zbrush can do this.
I will continue looking for the solution to the problem of render subd level.