Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
highstrangeness  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:40:43 AM(UTC)
highstrangeness

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

In attempting to do erotic, splay-legged poses with a G8F figure with Golden Palace, I ran into this problem, where the labia (both majora and minora) splay open too far, unrealistically, when the figure's legs are spread widely.  It's not something I know how to fix, but I assume there might be a way to deal with it, but I'm not sure.  This is what I am referring to:

Generally speaking, in real life, when a woman poses like this, her labia are not going to pull open like this, or not to this degree.  I've seen images of this sort, and the labia don't distort like this, usually, because the labia minora aren't pulled apart like with this image above.

Anyway, is there some way to fix this inside Daz?

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-- H.P. Lovecraft
TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:39:39 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

That's being caused by another applied morph, you possibly have exceeded the G8F limits.
GP on the the base G8F doesn't stretch like that unless shaped like with Storming the Palace, or your characters shape morph. May also be you have the figures limits turned off and went beyond the G8Fs flexibility.

You can select the GP graft in the scene and try to reshape it with any available morph dials in the Perimeters Tab (some may be limited to Storming the Palace), zoom in and dial down the character morph, check the limits are still on for the pose, or reshape with the Mesh Grabber product.

Otherwise its likely out to a modeling program like Blender for custom morphs Id say.

ADDENDUM: OR... do 2 renders 1 with the legs not as spread and photo edit it in in post.

Edited by user Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:42:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Addendum added

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 10/10/2022(UTC)
highstrangeness  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:45:56 AM(UTC)
highstrangeness

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
That's being caused by another applied morph, you possibly have exceeded the G8F limits.
GP on the the base G8F doesn't stretch like that unless shaped like with Storming the Palace, or your characters shape morph. May also be you have the figures limits turned off and went beyond the G8Fs flexibility.

You can select the GP graft in the scene and try to reshape it with any available morph dials in the Perimeters Tab (some may be limited to Storming the Palace), zoom in and dial down the character morph, check the limits are still on for the pose, or reshape with the Mesh Grabber product.

Otherwise its likely out to a modeling program like Blender for custom morphs Id say.

Hmm.  It might be caused by one of the Ultimate Bend or similar morph sets I have loaded, for adding details, etc.  I should zero those and see what happens.   Thanks, I appreciate the info.  It shouldn't be difficult to correct in Daz itself, although I am a fairly experienced Blender user.  My most recent post is a Cycles render, anyway.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-- H.P. Lovecraft
highstrangeness  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 9:24:56 PM(UTC)
highstrangeness

Unfortunately, even after adjusting the bones with the script, as shown in the tutorial, I still have some issues, with a particular set of morphs - the Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for G8F (https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-natural-bend-morphs-for-genesis-8-female)

It's only 3 of them (well, 3 pairs) that are causing them - the thigh morphs, of course.  They are basically pulling on the labia and distorting them out of shape.  I've tried using the script to compensate, but it has no effect on these morphs.  Here's some images:

And with the 3 thigh morphs (bend, side-to-side, and twist) zeroed -

The problem is that these morphs are very useful for getting a realistic shape for bends, and I don't want to deactivate them, unless absolutely necessary - so is there a way to isolate them or otherwise stop them from interfering with the morphs on the Golden Palace? 

-- H.P. Lovecraft
TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 1:10:18 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

I own the Ultimate Natural Bends Morphs. On a standard G8F, when I pose the legs to a full spread, it doesn't effect the Labia Minora at all.
The problem I think still lies in the Character Morph or possibly now seeing the heels here, the high heels pose, which could be pulling the thighs up and tilting the pelvis. Causing the Minora to stretch open when the legs are spread.

Before diving into the bone movement and weight mapping.

With the Golden Palace graph selected in the scene, under the parameters tab there should be corrective vagina morphs for the GP graph. You can click the gear cog / parameter settings on any of these morphs to view subcomponents and controllers, you can also uncheck "limits" to dial these morphs endlessly either positive or negative. The Storming the Palace Product expands on these morphs and is currently on sale. https://www.renderotica....ce-For-G8F-Golden-Palace

There should be a "Labia Close" script already included the base GP product that may be an even quicker fix.

Edited by user Monday, March 15, 2021 1:24:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added Parameter Settings submenu notation

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 10/10/2022(UTC)
highstrangeness  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 8:14:22 AM(UTC)
highstrangeness

I own the Ultimate Natural Bends Morphs. On a standard G8F, when I pose the legs to a full spread, it doesn't effect the Labia Minora at all.
The problem I think still lies in the Character Morph or possibly now seeing the heels here, the high heels pose, which could be pulling the thighs up and tilting the pelvis. Causing the Minora to stretch open when the legs are spread.

With the Golden Palace graph selected in the scene, under the parameters tab there should be corrective vagina morphs for the GP graph. You can click the gear cog / parameter settings on any of these morphs to view subcomponents and controllers, you can also uncheck "limits" to dial these morphs endlessly either positive or negative. The Storming the Palace Product expands on these morphs and is currently on sale. https://www.renderotica....ce-For-G8F-Golden-Palace

There should be a "Labia Close" script already included the base GP product that may be an even quicker fix.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.  I'll have to take a look later, as I've moved onto building a new character.  But once I do get to that, I'll take a closer look at the settings.  Also, I do have Storming the Palace, and Deep Inside Her as well.

EDIT: Well, I'm not sure if I know how to fix it, even now.  I'm trying to get the Ultimate Bend Morphs to not affect GP.  I don't understand why you think the high heel pose is doing this.  I've tried the Labia Close morphs and they aren't really ideal, I think.

For now I'm just using another set of morphs, the Shape Enhancer morphs I have, which are doing mostly the same thing as the Ultimate Bend morphs.  This set of morphs doesn't distort the GP morphs.

I still don't know what is causing the deformation with the UNBM's in place.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:44:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-- H.P. Lovecraft
illrigger  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 1:06:24 PM(UTC)
illrigger

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Have you tried using the sliders for UNBM? Perhaps just turning down/off some of the thigh morphs will work for you.
Epitaph  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2022 8:02:47 AM(UTC)
Epitaph

Originally Posted by: highstrangeness Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I appreciate the help.  I'll have to take a look later, as I've moved onto building a new character.  But once I do get to that, I'll take a closer look at the settings.  Also, I do have Storming the Palace, and Deep Inside Her as well.

EDIT: Well, I'm not sure if I know how to fix it, even now.  I'm trying to get the Ultimate Bend Morphs to not affect GP.  I don't understand why you think the high heel pose is doing this.  I've tried the Labia Close morphs and they aren't really ideal, I think.

For now I'm just using another set of morphs, the Shape Enhancer morphs I have, which are doing mostly the same thing as the Ultimate Bend morphs.  This set of morphs doesn't distort the GP morphs.

I still don't know what is causing the deformation with the UNBM's in place.

I run into the same problem after i bought GPv2 some days ago..

And I already did a complete separated install with only Genesis 8 starter essentials and Goldenplace v2  and have the problem.. so there cant be a conflict with other morphs iff iam correct.

It seems like the whightmaping of "Left Labium Majora 1" and "R Labium Majora 1" is asymetrical and could cause the problem ?

*Edit*

ok fixed the problem..  the wightmap of "Left Tight Bend"  was a little to heavy in that area.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2022 8:35:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified