Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsv4600  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 1:37:26 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)

First off: Great products. No issues with either G8F or G8M versions. So, this is not really a bug as such, but ...

If you double click on one of the Instructions icons, DAZ Studio 4.12.1.118 will report: "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for details".

The message in the log is this:

- Instructions 1-.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

I know that you're meant to hover the icon to get the instructions, and this works fine, but I d-clicked by mistake and it might be something that other users also do.

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 6:58:26 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: dsv4600 Go to Quoted Post

First off: Great products. No issues with either G8F or G8M versions. So, this is not really a bug as such, but ...

If you double click on one of the Instructions icons, DAZ Studio 4.12.1.118 will report: "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for details".

The message in the log is this:

- Instructions 1-.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

I know that you're meant to hover the icon to get the instructions, and this works fine, but I d-clicked by mistake and it might be something that other users also do.

It's a problem that's technically not a problem, regardless it's a problem I keep meaning to find a solution to but the unending production schedule (that I never can seem to keep up with lol) keeps moving things forward and I forget to implement a solution.

That duf file used to do nothing at all, but something DAZ changed a while back started making that error popo up, I think it's something about the default .duf file I use which is basically junk, if someone has a completely inert .duf file that won't drop an error on d-click, I'll take it :)

Male Blush is basically done, I'll try to get a fix before the next product and update the older stuff with that .duf file :)

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 7:19:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dsv4600  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 8:43:22 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

I notice that the relevant DUFs are just plain text files without the standard XML framework. I haven't tried this, but you might get away with just commenting out every line. I'm no scripting expert with DS, but I believe starting a line with // will comment it out just like C++

Like this ...

//
// Line 1
//
// Line 2
//

While I'm on the subject, I did find two small issues in use ...

1) G8M, Sweat, seems not to provide anything for the back/top of the head. I was using it on a bald guy and his body was drenched in sweat but his scalp dry. Probably I'm missing something. Baby Oil seems to work fine.

2) G8F, Baby Oil. I couldn't find a preset to cover the body from the thighs above the knees and up i.e. for when the figure has LIE-based stockings.

Apologies if I've missed those two features, but I started using the system in earnest a few days ago.
Thunder-3D  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 8:59:19 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

1) I'll have a look at that, I blended out the textured wetness on males as a solution to seaming on top of the head, it's a tricky part of the UV, but if I can get it to look nicer I'll add the back of the head for an update.

2) I'll look at adding that pattern to the baby oil update that is planned, but I'll probably need to do a long subtle blend from oil to dry from top to mid thigh, as there's so many stockings out there and all have different thigh heights ;)

EDIT: Try Messy 003 with the stockings, I'm rendering Male blush icons right now but I'll have a look at it later with some stockings :D

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 9:02:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dsv4600  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 9:18:23 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

OK, I'll give Messy 003 a try, I'm working on that very scene right now, in fact.

You're right, there are many variations on stockings, so it's difficult to do a generic one ... perhaps it's time for "Thunder-3D's Ultimate LIE Stockings System"? ;)

Thanks for the quick reply.
dsv4600  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:15:41 AM(UTC)
dsv4600

Update: I tried Messy 003 but unfortunately it showed a very visible edge to the texture, about one third down the thigh (and, of course, higher than the top of the stockings).

Probably I can solve this by creating an opacity map from the texture used for the stockings overlay then and applying it to the relevant surfaces of the USM, but for now I have just used a different camera angle to disguise the issue.

Thanks again and keep those products coming!
thanks 1 user thanked dsv4600 for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 8/4/2020(UTC)