Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hellboy  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 1:15:26 AM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

I am taken to a new window with advertisement when I click on stuff on the site. Is this expected or I got some kind of addware? Only happens here. 

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
simontemplar  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 7:44:14 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I'd go on a limb and say run a malwarebytes and flush cookies. you can also clean up tracking cookies with superantispyware.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
shadoman  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 8:39:05 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Agree with Simon T

to my knowledge  this site has never allowed 3rd site parties to advertise or attach themselves to anyone who visits here.  

if you have Antivirus software run in if using Windows run their own Windows Defender program to root out any malicious virus 

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
RangerRabbit  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 9:41:56 AM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Do you have examples of what you are clicking on and where it takes you?  Screen shots would help if you have them so we can test from our end.  We'd like to make sure that it's not something lurking in the shadows on the site.  Send anything you can report to support using the "Contact us" page. https://www.renderotica.com/help/contact-us

Renderotica Support

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
Hellboy  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 11:11:12 AM(UTC)
Hellboy

rbug02  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 4:55:47 PM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Helboy you definatly need to run a maleware program and get all the markers out of your system, that last one I am very familiar with it is Hacker ware, it allows the owner of the hacker ware to track you and your habits, and even get into your system. This is usualy done these days by those scam callers that tell you there is a problem with your computer. The key here is dating&clickid &device, these are what gets stored on your computer, then it will ID your computer with Desktop&brand, this tells them what you are running, along with the Desktop&model. the last one is what is known as the catcher, it allows them to get what is known in the hacking world as your system ID#, this is the header in which all your data moves from your computer to a known computer to identify your system to the known computer, like the one you use to upload your items for sale to the computer that Renderotica uses to accept your uploads. the part that starts with CR&affid to es&cid are further reference to your header information on your CPU. And of course thetre is your internet info like your IP address, and what internet program you use Chrome. It seems to have a piece missing though the end of header marker. Know you may ask how do I know this, Well over the many many years that I have been involved with computers and networking systems, I became what in the industry is known as a Corporate Hacker, I would go into other peoples computers and peek around and see what is what and then secure the system. And my son, the youngest one got this very same MIM (Man in the Middle) software on his computer. it took a lot of work to get it off his system.

My Question now is how long has this been going on for you?
I'm here for the donuts.....
Where are they??
Hellboy  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 5:11:45 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Originally Posted by: rbug02 Go to Quoted Post
Helboy you definatly need to run a maleware program and get all the markers out of your system, that last one I am very familiar with it is Hacker ware, it allows the owner of the hacker ware to track you and your habits, and even get into your system. This is usualy done these days by those scam callers that tell you there is a problem with your computer. The key here is dating&clickid &device, these are what gets stored on your computer, then it will ID your computer with Desktop&brand, this tells them what you are running, along with the Desktop&model. the last one is what is known as the catcher, it allows them to get what is known in the hacking world as your system ID#, this is the header in which all your data moves from your computer to a known computer to identify your system to the known computer, like the one you use to upload your items for sale to the computer that Renderotica uses to accept your uploads. the part that starts with CR&affid to es&cid are further reference to your header information on your CPU. And of course thetre is your internet info like your IP address, and what internet program you use Chrome. It seems to have a piece missing though the end of header marker. Know you may ask how do I know this, Well over the many many years that I have been involved with computers and networking systems, I became what in the industry is known as a Corporate Hacker, I would go into other peoples computers and peek around and see what is what and then secure the system. And my son, the youngest one got this very same MIM (Man in the Middle) software on his computer. it took a lot of work to get it off his system.

My Question now is how long has this been going on for you?

Thanks, that's scary :/

I first noticed it the day of my first post in this thread. Been away since then, and then today again, exclusively here at Renderotica.

Any suggestions? I only use Malwarebytes, but it didn't catched anything.

Thank you.

UserPostedImage
rbug02  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 8:23:47 PM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 51 post(s)
OK looking at MalwareBytes I have the pro version if you do not have the free version try this.
In settings check to see if Scan for rootkits is active if not activate it. Then check that Use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files is on. if not turn that on.
then in exploit protection set Block penetration testing attacks to on as well. Then run an independent scan of the entire system. This should help find the culprits, and get rid of them...
The problem is it is easier to just start over again, the other method requires that you have a good knowledge of the registry system. and how things are stored.

You could also use a online virus program. I do not reccomend using windows defender as it does a lesser job than MalwareBytes free version. here is the address for it, hopefully no one thinks it is a bad thing.
https://www.trendmicro.c.../products/housecall.html
I'm here for the donuts.....
Where are they??
shadoman  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 12:05:34 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Hellboy   are you using an cable company for internet access.  I  say this as a lot of cable internet programs now offer free Virus software. 

I have a bundle package from Spectrum  I get cable, Internet 100 MBPS  Wifi and digital phone.  They used to offer mcafee for free but now have a new in house system called F secure and wow is it effective..

Another software I like is Kaperski.. they have special features like Internet  brpwser add blocker, and for financial sites they have a thing called Safe Money..  what this is is when you go to any financial institution like your bank's website  copy the link,  exit and go to the Kaperski Safe Money icon and add the link,  then the next time you go to the banks site Safe Money double encrypts the  connection.

Bad thing here is Kaperski hates Malwaybytes.   But My f Secure from Spectrum works with it for a double layer of virus and spam 

As mentioned there are some rootkit cleaners that also double as Virus software  I used them for two years but they always kept jacking up the price  and changing the name 

Just suggestions mind you,  

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Hellboy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:58:33 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Nope, nothing worked. Renderotica is still redirecting me to spam on every click. No big deal, thanks for the suggestions.

UserPostedImage
Absinthe  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 12:43:57 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hellboy Go to Quoted Post

Nope, nothing worked. Renderotica is still redirecting me to spam on every click. No big deal, thanks for the suggestions.

Have you tried an different browser? Or another machine?

Zaavaleta  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 5:12:18 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hellboy Go to Quoted Post

I hate to sound like a Nervous Nellie, but if this is the same browser you do online banking, pay bills, or do online shopping from, it could become a very big deal soon.

I don't know what to recommend except uninstall the browser and use a utility like Ccleaner to make sure it's completely uninstalled (registry entries, config files, etc). Then run the best malware scanner you can find.

It's happened to me a few times over the decades. My last browser hijacking was years ago, so I don't know what the best utilities are nowadays.