Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
katjesarts  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 8:52:31 PM(UTC)
katjesarts

Today I have bought the texture wizard for dicktator. I have installed the content via install manager and it all seemed to work until I tried the different options, just to realize that nothing works properly. I applied the dicktator (updated the software) on this model: https://www.daz3d.com/darrin-for-genesis-3-male. The genital looks much darker than the figure and neither the wetness nor anything else works on this model. I am desperate, tried a lot of things without success. Maybe some of you guys can help me with this issue? Thank you in advance

user43000  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:18:24 PM(UTC)
user43000

Meipe's "Texture Wizard" is a ripoff at best. It doesn't work the way he claims it does at all. The installation instructions are almost worthless (and largely WRONG) and nothing shows up in Nvidia renders even once you do get it to do ANYTHING

(I hear that it will work if you buy & install all 3, dicktator, futalicious and texture wizard products but, I'm not paying him three times to end up with 2 things that work)

His reputation is shot with me. $14.90 down the drain. Whoever comes up with a similar product that works will get that money
matt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:44:44 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: user43000 Go to Quoted Post
Meipe's "Texture Wizard" is a ripoff at best. It doesn't work the way he claims it does at all. The installation instructions are almost worthless (and largely WRONG) and nothing shows up in Nvidia renders even once you do get it to do ANYTHING

(I hear that it will work if you buy & install all 3, dicktator, futalicious and texture wizard products but, I'm not paying him three times to end up with 2 things that work)

His reputation is shot with me. $14.90 down the drain. Whoever comes up with a similar product that works will get that money

I'm going to be blunt, but polite. You are WRONG. Texture Wizard works just fine. I use it regularly, and I get good results. 

Neither of you can expect that the look is going to be perfect right out of the box, unless you are using a texture that is designed for the figure that you're using. If it's a figure that a texture doesn't exist for, you're going to have to adjust things, using the translucency setting. You just have to. Too dark? Dial it down. Too light, dial it up, or try a texture that's a little darker. The product works, if you use it correctly. 

Look at the PDF that comes with the product, and FOLLOW it. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that Meipe makes is a ripoff. It all works, but it's not so simple as 'click, make art'. Read the instructions. 

I've been playing with this stuff for 20 years. It really wears me out to read a post from a user with only a few entries saying that a vendor is crap. No. Just no. Experiment! Read the instructions, and please understand that this hobby takes time and patience. Take the time to learn the software. Take the time to learn how a product works. Studio has limitations, and the vendors have to work within those parameters. 

Plain and simple, Meipe's products work, but you have to read the instructions, and follow them. 

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Meipe on 8/20/2020(UTC)
Absinthe  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:22:49 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: user43000 Go to Quoted Post

Have you actually contacted Meipe? He is both responsive and EAGER to help customers with issues like this. There doesn't seem to be any logs with your member name asking for support.

Do you OWN the Dickator or Futalicious? Because these are REQUIRED products for the Texture wizard to work.

Absinthe attached the following image(s):
Annotation 2020-08-20 022210.jpg
Meipe  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:17:04 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1234 time(s) in 614 post(s)

Hi,

I came aware of this post only because the Store Manager send me a message, as this has been posted outside my product support forum. I can support you both, but I recommend posting  into my forum page.

katjesarts: I can add a Darrin preset. In the meantime, you can load a Darius7 or Kabaka preset on the shell and edit the translucency value of its surfaces to brighten/darken the surfaces. The higher the translucency, the darker the skin. About the wetness, check you have something to reflect in the scene. Maybe send me some screenshots, and I'll be able to help you.

user43000: I need some screenshots to guess what's going wrong. Maybe the shell has been loaded with Dicktator of Futalicious selected in the scene instead of the main figure, so the shell surface names created by DS are wrong, and the material presets can't be loaded on them.

About Texture Wizard requiring all four grafts: materials will load even if you have only one graft installed.
Some of the presets are universal, and can be loaded on any graft shell. What happens is that such presets include UV info, so if you don't have all four grafts installed, a warning message will pop up telling you some of the uv sets required are missing, but it's harmless, textures will be injected. The warnings can be removed installing this fix:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bt7a65sqpypiuy/MissingDCK_FT_UVsV2.zip?dl=0

Meipe attached the following image(s):
TW_Choose preset.jpg
TW_Set translucency.jpg