Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DarkEscence  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 7:20:09 AM(UTC)
DarkEscence

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I would like to start a topic not only for my knowledge but for everyone else who wants to achieve these effects. What I am asking is people that have successfully achieved the effects of making the body sweat and their private parts wet (from starting to get wet to oh shit its Niagra falls wet) to include their settings, steps etc to help people like myself learn and do these effect inside of Daz Studio.

I just got the wet and tan skin bundle over at Daz and learning how to try to use that its a process but I think I am getting there at least with the body, not the private parts yet. Here is some of the products I am trying to achieve these effects with and some other products that have an option to apply a wet body setting I have yet to get to work well (I think its a lighting issue with these products.

I have GP, and New Gens how can I get the wet effect to transfer on to the Gens properly. I use the Control Panel works fine on the body but if I have one of the Gen Products selected it does not recognize it. I figured out how to copy and paste textures to them from the Torso but does not seem to always transfer the effects I want on the Gen. (Most likely I am doing something wrong).

Also in relation to the above sometimes I only want their private parts wet not the rest of the body what do people do to achieve this with the wet and tan set?

I also have some of the Money Shotz and pro cum pack and they have an option to set the body to wet but when I apply it does not appear to do anything or really hard to tell if the body is wet. What do people do to get this to work is it a lighting issue?

Lighting I am pretty sure Lighting can really make or break the effect of wetness what lighting setup and placement do people use to get a good result?

If anyone uses the above products or other products to get these effects please post a step by step or pictures of settings they use to make things look good. Hopefully this can become a useful topic people can contribute to or find solutions they are looking for. 

Those that will sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin
BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:38:54 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 239 post(s)

A lot of the items like wet and tan use geo shells, keep in mind that geo shells can cause issues like whitening if you have too many active shells. (though Meipe has a great script to rid of the whitening, you just choose each shell in the scene tab and run the script) Also geo shell based textures do not always work if the surface is not named in the pose file, as such a lot of them will not work with New Gens or Golden Palace as their surfaces are not listed in the default UV layout. 

New Gens for V8 has wetness and effect shells that can be used. 

As to a shells effect not showing up in the view port this is just part of using shells. Most of your shells will be set up for the render engine, usually Iray, unless you have Iray preview selected for the view port(Which requires one to have a sufficiently powerful nVidia card) the view port uses openGL, not 3Delight or Iray. So you will be unable to see much of what things will look like until rendered. 

DarkEscence  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 5:51:22 AM(UTC)
DarkEscence

Yes, the shells have been tricky at time, GP shell fixer works most of the time, I have had some times where it only fixed the partially haven't figured out why yet.

So far been testing the GP trying to get some standard settings I can post here in this topic for everyone to use as a base setting. So far the wet and tan seem to give me the most control. I been just pasting the settings in the surface tab to GP and gives me the "WET" dials to play with. It does not give you the control panel for wet and tan so you do have to adjust manually. 

I have also tried to use the wet skin in Blowbang and Pro Cum pack 3 but it does leave some brown splotching artifacts which could be do to lighting issues cause if I turn the camera around the figure the artifacts seem to disappear. 

Also in the Pussy Wizard pack that was made for GP doing the Clossiness on top of wet and tan seems to give a good result as well. There is also a feature to to flatten the texture which I have not tried yet but might do that later today it will elimate the shells on GP I think and that may make it a bit easier to work with if you have 2 less shells to get in the way. 

Those that will sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin
vagans  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:57:10 PM(UTC)
vagans

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Is it this product?

https://www.daz3d.com/we...ns-for-genesis-8-females

If it's that one it's the same that I've used quite a bit in the past. It doesn't use shells but actually modifies the surface to create its own additional components for tanlines and wet. I've had success with genitalia but you have to do things in a specific order. Whilst you can update it afterwards, it's easier to finalize the look you want with the tan, wet and tanlines and then add the genitalia. You then need to copy/paste the Torso from the actor surface to both the vagina and anal components (using NVG8 as example) then change the UV map back to the original.

Two things I don't like about the product though. Firstly, the tanlines are too sharp for my tastes so I actually made my own masks modifying the existing ones and blurring the edges more. Secondly, and the biggest issue which made me stop using it for most purposes is that the surface it makes after modifying the skin ruins SSS and makes the skin look flat. It's fine from a fair distance but IMO it ruins good model rendering.

DarkEscence  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:57:11 AM(UTC)
DarkEscence

Yes I use the wet and tan from daz along with other wet skin effects. I did figure out the copy and paste based on this thread topic here is the link:

https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=210355&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post407766

The steps in that thread tend to work in most cases on various geo shells. I recently used the copy and paste method on my Used image with the dirt effect. In that image, her whole body was dirty except around her naughty area was perfectly clean. I used the steps in that link to copy the dirt geo shell and worked perfectly. 

Also, there seems to varying results depending on what wet skin (geo shell) you are using as well as which genital prop you are using. For example, the steps in the above link seem not to work with the default daz genitals or at least I have not found a positive result in copy and pasting.

Lastly the best results I have had with these products

Golden Palace

The wet skin from Lindsay wet clothes 

Aeon souls dirty skin shaders

These products seem to play nice with each other.