Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DarkEscence  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:44:18 AM(UTC)
DarkEscence

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I am still fairly new to working with 3D programs, so please bear with me. 

For this example, I am using New Gens G8 with Expansion pack and FTD Sound Punishment Overlays. The issue is I can get them to work independently from each other but when I try to use them both I get a solid color of white over the skin texture, and I am not sure how to fix this or the proper way to fix this. 

I can go into the shells in the Parameter tab and turn off they part but then it ends up canceling out the effect. Can someone please tell me the proper way to fix this issue or some products just incompatible?

Those that will sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin
chrissy_w  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:50:47 PM(UTC)
chrissy_w

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I too get exactly the same problem and would love to know how to fix it.

I've found a sort of fix. Rather than use the FTD shell, I've added a new layer to the character's skin, then used the FTD markings .png file as a resource for this. Takes longer, but it works.

Chrissy.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:39:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: New information after trying a couple of things.

FT_Design  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:00:12 PM(UTC)
FT_Design

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I can help you with that, its actually easy to fix.

New Gens G8 is an anatomy addon / geograft and adds its own surface zone(s). Since I don't have that product, I can't tell you how the surface is called but should be easy to find ....

Do the following:

- Select the SPO Geoshell

- Go to the 'surfaces' pane

- find the surface zone(s) of the New Gens and set the 'Opacity Strength' or 'Cutout Opacity' parameter to zero. Basically all surface zones here should have opacity zero except the 'Torso' zone.

Its just bad that these surfaces default to opacity 0.5 I think. You will always have this problem with anatomy addons unfortunately.

thanks 2 users thanked FT_Design for this useful post.
Thumperpixel on 7/8/2020(UTC), Sarsifas on 7/8/2020(UTC)
Thumperpixel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:47:44 PM(UTC)
Thumperpixel

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Oh good lord thank you!
We have had that problem using shell products from power rage and golden palace at the same time. Just tested it and by damn if it works with not only two shells at the same time but three!
Wow thank you again.

FT_Design  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 4:09:27 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Happy too help !

Its actually not about the geometry shell(s). Its about the anatomy addon(s) that add additional surface zones. These will appear on the geoshells too and for some terrible reason they don't default to zero. So areas of the geoshell become visible that should not be.

You can combine as many anatomy addons and geoshells as you want. You just have to set the additional surface zones to be invisible on the geoshells manually.

BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 6:37:49 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: FT_Design Go to Quoted Post

I can help you with that, its actually easy to fix.

New Gens G8 is an anatomy addon / geograft and adds its own surface zone(s). Since I don't have that product, I can't tell you how the surface is called but should be easy to find ....

Do the following:

- Select the SPO Geoshell

- Go to the 'surfaces' pane

- find the surface zone(s) of the New Gens and set the 'Opacity Strength' or 'Cutout Opacity' parameter to zero. Basically all surface zones here should have opacity zero except the 'Torso' zone.

You can also go to the Parameters tab with a shell selected and look under the shell heading and there is a simple on/off setting for the surfaces and face groups of the shell, just browse through the list and turn off anything not covered by the shell. ie in the case of sound punishment anything but torso could be turned off I believe. There are also some scripts by Meipe included with his grafts that work pretty well at turning off the extra surfaces you just select each shell one at a time and run the shell fix and it turns off the extra surfaces. Not sure if it works with sound punishment though.