Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
contedesfees  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 7:41:48 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 509 post(s)

HiveWire3D has announced that Poser Pro 11 will now include Dawn Special Edition Community Bundle, the Dusk Special Edition Community Bundle, the Baby Luna Community Bundle, the HiveWire Horse Base, and Gorilla for Dusk. It seems that La Femme will have someone to talk to and diapers to change.
Any one's heart racing with anticipation? Is concluding that *deleted* hasn't much faith in La Femme being too cynical? I'm taking it for granted that Hivewire3D is getting a piece of the action in royalties and potentially a boost in sales of items that support Dawn and Dusk. Of course, the HiveWire Horse is nothing to sneeze at (I mean that seriously).
But still, as pleasant as they are, these measures are neither persuasive nor reassuring. An outstanding 3D horse, and some Poser stuff that nobody uses.

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2019 7:45:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Live long and render
SnarltheWerewolf  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:28:39 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)

And not a single bit of genitalia to be found (granted, one doesn't want it with baby Luna).

I imagine they're trying to consolidate, it makes sense for Hivewire. Less sense for those working on La Femme.

Though I do wonder, g2m/f is compatible in poser, right? How come people still cling so much to v4 when they could have g2f?

shadoman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

It will be nice to see P-11 come with usable base figures included with the upgrade. Anything is better than the Poser people that were provided.

The lack of genitalia means that some vendor will profit by creating a prop and morphs to make her more appealing  for images that involve sex.

I have seen some improvement to La Femme and the support for the figure seems to be growing I still prefer V4 and M4 base figures/  I know old school,  but I make them work quite well

As for Hive wire's animal collection,  they are impressive

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
contedesfees  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 3:04:41 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Shadoman, I sincerely admire your optimism. You seem able to find the positive in situations others consider unpromising. For "others," BTW, read "me." Still, if Dawn and Dusk have no privates by now, I must confess I doubt they ever will. For all that, keep a good thought and, remember, no one can predict the future.

Live long and render
terrancew_hod  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:11:14 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: contedesfees Go to Quoted Post

Shadoman, I sincerely admire your optimism. You seem able to find the positive in situations others consider unpromising. For "others," BTW, read "me." Still, if Dawn and Dusk have no privates by now, I must confess I doubt they ever will. For all that, keep a good thought and, remember, no one can predict the future.

It's not even the problem with the Gens, it's the figures themselves. You know I actually offered to help and give suggestions on their figures (because even though i sell with DAZ competition keeps them from just sitting on their laurels and keep innovating, so giving hints to competitors that have been playing makes sense) and their foolish pride got in way and got me banned (Like I care, I'm still earning my coins unlike Haywire with their dead-eyed figures).So poser now has those same dead-eyed figures that no one wanted when they were released years ago as part of their content. If that's what they want to do, it's on them, but if they don't want to go out of business they need to look at things that bring in coins 

And i'n not saying what I had is the end-all (especially when I only devoted 2 days to it), but I was pointing out the things that may help them to put their figures in a better position than gathering dust.. and obviously they think doing the same thing multiple times will actually work a few iterations later.. oh well, I wish them luck 

terrancew_hod attached the following image(s):
NewDusk.JPG
contedesfees  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:45:18 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

@terrancew_hod - Were you dealing with *deleted* or with HiveWire3D? Or both? Or were you writing about Smith Micro? Just curious you understand, I've always wished to know a little more about the machinations of the corporate mind. Nice Render, by the bye.

Live long and render
terrancew_hod  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 11:20:32 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Originally Posted by: contedesfees Go to Quoted Post

@terrancew_hod - Were you dealing with *deleted* or with HiveWire3D? Or both? Or were you writing about Smith Micro? Just curious you understand, I've always wished to know a little more about the machinations of the corporate mind. Nice Render, by the bye.

Hivewire.. they don't know how to handle their business. That's why no one pays them any attention. That's why when DAZ was selling their animals they got quickly dropped because they had a thread on their site and their customers were bashing DAZ.. you know the ones that was giving hivewire business. Just ridiculous. They should have put a stop to that, but they didn't. At best they should have said "We're selling our stuff through DAZ", and closed the thread, But they let their partner get trashed which you DON'T do if you're in a business relationship. DAZ certainly don't have to stand by for that. And note, Hivewire was in the same PA agreement that I'm in. You don't do that in a PA relationship... PERIOD. And that's in addition to some of the behind-the-scenes stuff I know that happened before DAWN was released. I won't get into it, but I'll say everyone says how DAZ is so horrible but some of these people do shady stuff far and beyond what they accuse DAZ of, but want people to think of them as innocent.. nope!

Oh well. 

It's sad to see these companies that want to compete but they're too petty to want to actually want do things in a business-like manner.

Edited by user Saturday, September 14, 2019 11:37:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked terrancew_hod for this useful post.
contedesfees on 9/15/2019(UTC), Hellboy on 9/16/2019(UTC)
Masterstroke  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:42:16 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Had some hopes to use Poser more again, but it becomes more and more unlikely.

diogenese19348  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 2:20:08 PM(UTC)
diogenese19348

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'd have to look at it more as a desperation move on Hivewire's part, Dawn and Dusk were about to be relegated to the trash heap of history since nobody outside of Hivewire was bothering doing anything with them, and if La Femme ever gets a male counterpart that would pretty much close the chapter.

I don't think Rendo is worried about Dawn and Dusk competing with La Femme, if they were going to compete, they would have done so already. They've been around a while now, ever see any renders using them outside of on Hivewire?

I don't know what to make of it except my bet was there was a small flat sum involved, and likely not continuing royalties.

My take anyway. I am a DAZ user, I have bought and used Poser, and am watching with interest to see whether it is time to take up Poser again.
They make clothes for V4? Why??
ProtocolZero  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 9:00:09 PM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)
*deleted* will have to do something amazing with Poser to get me to use it again. And the odds of that happening aren't looking too good at the moment.