Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kgpx  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:43:42 PM(UTC)
Kgpx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi,

thanks for creating all those products. As my collection of yours is really growing over time, I am looking ion creating installers to smarten them up with combined product installers fore G3 and G8. This inevitably leads to have the utilities listed multiple times for each generation, normal and multi-pane and sometimes even F and M versions (Expressions). I'd really like to have them all in dedicated folders (Toes, Rotators, Zeros, Dicktator presets etc. separated from thew poses themselves)

Hence my quastion beforwe I am going through them one by one: can you tell me, if and if so how those utilities differ between G3, G8, female and male?

Aside from that, keep going, you got a fan in me!

(Btw. I enjoyed the comic style promos you formerly did from tiome to tiume. Sad you don't seem to pursue this style any longer....)

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:19:05 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 159 post(s)

I enjoy doing the comic style renders, and will be doing more in the future, glad to hear you like them. The Girl7/Guy7 characters are some of my favorites and the more recent stuff is Girl/Guy 7 converted to G8  :)

I would recommend using the G8 utilities for G8, and G3 utilities for G3. Many of them will work cross generation, but a lot, especially the expression utilities, will have pretty ugly results unless you use the ones specific to the generation they were made for, because a lot of joint rotations changed from G3 to G8.

As for trimming down and combining the utility sets, the most recent version of a utility pose is always the best one to keep, the older versions can be overwritten or deleted. Some of them haven't changed in years like the zero expression upper/lower, I just go ahead and include them in every pose pack that has expressions so there's like 20 different versions of the upper/lower zeros, but they're all essentially the same .duf file.

A side note: The dicktator shaping presets in the HJ and BJ sets are numbered to be applied for a specific range of poses, if you aren't using the right shaping preset, you may be giving yourself extra work aligning the hands/mouth to Dicktator

Perhaps at some point I'll combine everything into a single "toolkit" that has all the most up-to-date versions only. The downside of that would be I'd have to update that toolkit everytime I thought up a new utility pose, but anything is possible. :)

Hope this answers your questions :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Kgpx on 7/11/2019(UTC)
Kgpx  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:03:00 PM(UTC)
Kgpx

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Thanks for the fast response!

Actually, I was more referring to the zero utilities, unlockers and the feet details which do not carry G§/G8 in their names.(would be helpful if they did) rather than the pose and character specific ones. Especially I got confused by the new expression zero utilities that were separated for G3 and G8 but have identical names (also for M and f9 and even more G3 thumbs are identical to G8 where they used to differ. Anyway, appreciating your support and really looking forward your  converted characters. I am still stuck with G3 and even use G3F as base for some of my male characters. Far from perfect, but quite ok, for being based on a female...

Just started with porting my hand- drawn characters and stories from past times and only slowly getting into this...