Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
namja1955  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 6:45:02 PM(UTC)
namja1955

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Is there a relatively easy way to have DAZ drop clothes to the floor? 

A character starts dressed in a scene and eventually ends up naked.  I haven't figured out a realistic way to have clothes removed and appear to be casually dropped on the floor.

I usually just end up deleting the clothing item so it doesn't appear on the figure or in the scene.

I have seen renders that appear to have done this successfully, but I haven't seen a method.

BTW it seems like a good idea for some sort of DAZ script.

NAMJA

billyben  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 7:31:22 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

There are some products that have the morphs already added.  You can also pick up Fit Control bu Zevo.  It has some underwear pull down and up morphs you can use.

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
Zeppelin  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 8:13:20 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)
For clothes in heaps on the floor or hanging off the edges of things, there is The Laundry Basket. It has a lot of different items, individual and grouped
Zaavaleta  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 9:20:27 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Have you tried using dforce? It takes a bit of learning, but it's good for draping clothes or putting them on the floor.

namja1955  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:42:31 PM(UTC)
namja1955

Thought about dforce. That’s why I started with the “relatively easy” comment. 🙂
Zaavaleta  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:39:47 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Originally Posted by: namja1955 Go to Quoted Post
Thought about dforce. That’s why I started with the “relatively easy” comment. 🙂

Lol, I know dforce is a bit intimidating, but the payoff is worth it. Plus, it's easier to drape clothes onto a flat surface - a lot easier than working with a human figure. And there's less chance of explosions. The only thing is that it can be a slow process. Once you get an item where you want it, you have to save it as an .obj and import it back into your scene. That way you can drape more clothes on top of it if you want. Of course you don't have to buy dforce clothes to do this, you can try it with anything in your library -  they may work, they may not.

But it's just a suggestion. I think there are a few products with clothes dropped on the floor like the one mentioned above. Good luck! ☺  (Damn, I gotta learn how to use emojis)

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:55:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Cause I can't proofread :(

Zaavaleta attached the following image(s):
monopoly game 1.jpg
dforce.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 5/8/2019(UTC), Zeppelin on 5/12/2019(UTC)
5200north  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:10:46 AM(UTC)
5200north

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I love your work here, i'm definitly going try this myself. great work.

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

Lol, I know dforce is a bit intimidating, but the payoff is worth it. Plus, it's easier to drape clothes onto a flat surface - a lot easier than working with a human figure. And there's less chance of explosions. The only thing is that it can be a slow process. Once you get an item where you want it, you have to save it as an .obj and import it back into your scene. That way you can drape more clothes on top of it if you want. Of course you don't have to buy dforce clothes to do this, you can try it with anything in your library -  they may work, they may not.

But it's just a suggestion. I think there are a few products with clothes dropped on the floor like the one mentioned above. Good luck! ☺  (Damn, I gotta learn how to use emojis)

Zaavaleta  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:12:01 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Originally Posted by: 5200north Go to Quoted Post

I love your work here, i'm definitly going try this myself. great work.

Thanks. That image was the start of a story, but it never really went anywhere, so I abandoned it. I like your gallery, by the way. Excellent use of lighting.

Mme.Duclos  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:50:03 PM(UTC)
Mme.Duclos

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 319 post(s)

Very interesting topic which I have just caught the end of.  In my image Ready to Rumble I used dForce. I got the clothes into the right starting position with a dformer with collision just starting on the hands. Then did a part simulation. That is stopped it short of starting to completely fall. You can also do this by adjusting the time of simulation instead of canceling when it looks right. You can freeze the simulation in that position so you don't bump it out.

The hard part in pants drop is getting the clothing over the hips and the hands correct. Usually with dForce jean shorts for instance the clothes fit in at the top to stop them slipping down when you simulate in normal scenes. So you need to either deform or edit the geometry to widen the top opening to get them to fall over hips. Clearly editing the geometry is best because you could simulate a fly opening.

The important things to remember with dForce simulation is make sure to edit your poses so that they don't move too much between simulations which helps stop explosions. Also you can dForce clothing or any type but the geometry has to be tidied up other wise it will explode. As to how to edit the geometry for dForce there is an Esha tutorial which I must get back to.?

Note using the dFormers there are slight imperfections with the stays on belt a bit twisted which you could do easier and better by altering the geometry in an editor.  Also there is a bit of intersection between colliding meshes at the front which isn't visible for the shot. But the nevertheless it simulated okay. There is sufficient resistance with the hands or thumbs getting wrapped around the top of the shorts  This clothing isn't advertised as dForce but worked quite well when a dForce dynamic modifier added. I have had trouble with some clothes in simulation which were dForce. Go figure?

Hope that helps someone.

PS. Modelling is definitely the go here to undo clothing you may want to make several versions and simulate in between. For instance first button open, second button open etc. A lot of work though.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:22:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mme.Duclos attached the following image(s):
ScreenDumpDformers.PNG
Yoshie0106.jpg
ScreenDump01Front.png
ScreenDump02HandInPants.png
ScreenDump03HandsBack.png
Zaavaleta  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 7:11:53 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Originally Posted by: Mme.Duclos Go to Quoted Post

Note using the dFormers there are slight imperfections with the stays on belt a bit twisted which you could do easier and better by altering the geometry in an editor.  Also there is a bit of intersection between colliding meshes at the front which isn't visible for the shot. But the nevertheless it simulated okay. There is sufficient resistance with the hands or thumbs getting wrapped around the top of the shorts  This clothing isn't advertised as dForce but worked quite well when a dForce dynamic modifier added. I have had trouble with some clothes in simulation which were dForce. Go figure?

Hope that helps someone.

PS. Modelling is definitely the go here to undo clothing you may want to make several versions and simulate in between. For instance first button open, second button open etc. A lot of work though.

Yes, the belts have been driving me crazy. Either it's the belt loops falling off or causing explosions, or the belt itself unraveling. I think nowadays I just delete the belts before I even start. I don't think any of the clothes I used were dforce items (I only work with Genesis 3 & 1) but they turned out ok. Recently I started buying some G8 dforce items and so far, they're converting to G3 ok.

Nice picture. I haven't tried anything that complex yet. Maybe soon.

thanks 1 user thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
Mme.Duclos on 5/9/2019(UTC)
namja1955  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:07:40 PM(UTC)
namja1955

In the long term I guess I'll  have to learn dforce.  I thought about one of the products that already has "draped" or dropped" clothes, but I figured that I'd have to find clothes for the characters that look like the "dropped" clothes.  Admitted I'm a lazy person, it occurred to me that it might be easier to use a premade  "pile of clothes" and just change the materials to match the clothes of the figure. I don't really have to worry about the shape of the item since it will be crumpled or deformed in some other way.

Zaavaleta  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:30:13 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

In the long term I guess I'll  have to learn dforce.  I thought about one of the products that already has "draped" or dropped" clothes, but I figured that I'd have to find clothes for the characters that look like the "dropped" clothes.  Admitted I'm a lazy person, it occurred to me that it might be easier to use a premade  "pile of clothes" and just change the materials to match the clothes of the figure. I don't really have to worry about the shape of the item since it will be crumpled or deformed in some other way.

No problem. As Zeppelin mentioned, there's the Messy Laundry Mega Set at Daz. It looks like it has a bunch of different items in it. College Dormitory is another good one. Good luck with whatever you choose.