Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Arty-Delly  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:48:19 PM(UTC)
Arty-Delly

Hi all!  I am Delly a 2D hentai artist, with peril and milf themes.  Maybe you've seen me on Patr_n, deviant art, or pixiv?  I love finding good reference material for my art, but want to pose my own 3D model references.  The erotic morphs here are SICK, and I can't wait to get started!

So, I've done 3D art in the past, I can shape and pose a bit, but I'm a little old school and having trouble.  I have DAZ3D and Poser, but after spending $60 on Meipe morphs, I realize I'm having trouble with basics.  Like - HOW DO I INSTALL MY FUTALICIOUS MORPH???  I got Stereo Love and Golden Palace to install, but they came with the DSX files for the DAZ install manager.  I seem to be able to use DAZ a lot better, even though I bought Poser 11.  

Anyone that could kindly help me get started I would appreciate it!  Maybe I could meet some collaborators while I'm here!  Is there a good FAQ forum I should read so I don't have to spend hours navigating files and installs and content??

Thanks and kind regards!

Delly

EvilSteve  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:15:23 PM(UTC)
EvilSteve

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
There are some basics here: https://www.renderotica....ntent-in-Daz-Studio.aspx

One thing not mentioned there: Different vendors may use different zip file structures. When you open the zip file, you'll want to look for folders with names like "data", "runtime", "People", "Props", etc. These are the folders that go directly under your "My Library" folder. However, some vendors also zip those up within the "My Library" folder itself, so you'll need to either unzip those one level higher, or (as I always do) drill down within the zip file until you find those folders and unzip to your base library folder as usual.

Another piece of advice (learned from years of struggling with Poser runtimes and, now, DAZ Studio installations): Think about an organizational scheme early, and get in the habit of organizing everything as you get it. DAZ Studio makes this *much* easier than Poser (at least up through Poser 9 or so... haven't used it since then), because you can add "Categories" that are completely separate from the physical install locations. As an example: I've actually set myself up with separate libraries for each store (DAZ Install Manager, here, R'osity, freebies), because I like to track where things came from in case I ever need to double-check terms & conditions (some freebies say "not for commercial renders," for example). But then I have everything categorized into my own system that makes sense to me, so that when I'm in the middle of trying to be creative, I don't have to try to remember where it's installed (even within a store: I've noticed that, for example, rooms and environments just from DAZ may show up under /Library/Architecture, /Library/Environments, /Library/Props/Environments, etc...).

Likewise, Future You will thank you for quickly getting in the habit of setting up metadata (compatibilities, types, tags, etc) for everything you acquire that doesn't already have it, but that's a somewhat more advanced topic.

matt  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:16:12 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Originally Posted by: EvilSteve Go to Quoted Post
There are some basics here: https://www.renderotica....ntent-in-Daz-Studio.aspx

One thing not mentioned there: Different vendors may use different zip file structures. When you open the zip file, you'll want to look for folders with names like "data", "runtime", "People", "Props", etc. These are the folders that go directly under your "My Library" folder. However, some vendors also zip those up within the "My Library" folder itself, so you'll need to either unzip those one level higher, or (as I always do) drill down within the zip file until you find those folders and unzip to your base library folder as usual.

I made a topic about this a bit ago. With pictures!

www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=218553&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post424868

Arty-Delly  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:55:32 PM(UTC)
Arty-Delly

Thanks a lot for the file management advice!  I'm really thankful for how helpful this community is - I got some morphs installed successfully and I have futas!!  A couple new issues and I think I'm off to the races:

1. I can't always see the morph menu.  Sometimes it goes away completely.  Right now, I just can't morph the futalicious.  I select the item, I select the figure, nothing.  It worked once, now its gone.

2. How do I map materials?  Where do I get materials?  Example - the vagina under Golden Palace morph is grey.  I see the mapping script, but don't know where to get materials.  Same with victoria nipples.  How do I edit colors, etc?

Arty-Delly attached the following image(s):
Capture2.PNG