3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3DSaga  
#21 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 4:05:33 PM(UTC)
3DSaga

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I'm sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am having a related problem, and I haven't been able to find the seller's email to ask them.

I've been successful at loading simple software bundles from here so I thought I would try a more complex one, and I bought a Golden Palace product.

When I open DAZ, it shows up under anatomy as it's supposed to. There's a hint button that tells the user how to open the products for each category. The first step is to load the Golden Palace Genitalia and the Golden Palace Shell. The third step is to execute the Golden Palace Material Copy script.

Neither the GP Genitalia or the GP Shell have an option to Load. When I browse the file location, it shows they're under My DAZ 3D Library- People-Genesis 8 Female- Anatomy- Golden Palace. I can see the DSON User file, it's in a list of files. The same is true for the script.

I guess this was a partially installed product, which might complicate things. The same result is true for the other features of this bundle.

I'm happy to start over, but I very carefully followed the manual install instructions as explained above. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this would be greatly appreciated.
matt  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 6:57:51 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Are you saying that you DID install it manually from the ZIP, and not with DIM?

3DSaga  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 7:06:26 PM(UTC)
3DSaga

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 22 post(s)

No, I have only installed it manually.

The first time, before I found this tutorial, I installed it but I opened the unzipped folders and opened the Data, People, and Runtime folders. That was a lot of trouble, but it seemed to work. I found the material when I opened DAZ Studio. However when I attempted to use them, that's when I got the error messages that DAZ couldn't find the path to the two items.

After reading this tutorial, I attempted to install again, without opening those folders.

I do have DIM, and the creator of the software did explain that method in her tutorial, but it actually seemed more complicated than simply moving the files manually.

matt  
#24 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 9:31:26 PM(UTC)
matt

Take a look at the readme file that came with GP, Meipe's email will be in there. I'd try a reinstall, being very careful to drop the content into the correct folders. I've never, ever had a problem with anything from Meipe as far as installation goes. It sounds to me as if something isn't where it's supposed to be, and that's why you're having trouble. If, after doing that, you still can't get it to work, start a thread in is product support subforum, and post the error logs that you're getting. 

JJ2020  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 12:41:11 PM(UTC)
JJ2020

I apprecite all the effort you go to explain this dtuff but I am a noob and  a MAC USER. I see that Windows stuff and it means nothing. Can you help a poor noob Mac usuer on how to bet my content into the daz library? 

matt  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 3:33:12 PM(UTC)
matt

Perhaps someone that uses a Mac will weigh in, but as I said, the file hierarchy should be very similar if not the same. Once you know where Studio looks for files, regardless of the type of machine, getting the content to that folder manually shouldn't be difficult. 

JJ2020  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 6:31:05 PM(UTC)
JJ2020

I'm just not getting this. 

I have a My Daz 3d library folder and when I open it I see the following folders : data. documentation   people.  runtime 

what now? 

matt  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 7:56:52 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: JJ2020 Go to Quoted Post

I'm just not getting this. 

I have a My Daz 3d library folder and when I open it I see the following folders : data. documentation   people.  runtime 

what now? 

Take another look at the tutorial I posted. You'll see the screenshots of MY computer, and if you look, you'll see those same folders. What you want to do is open your compressed file, whatever the Mac version of a zip is, and find those same folders. Drag and drop them into your library folder, overwrite if it asks you to, and you're done. That's all there is to it. 

Edit: I forgot to post the tutorial! D'oh! www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=218553&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post424868

Edited by user Wednesday, February 3, 2021 7:58:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added hyperlink

brookes  
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:25:38 PM(UTC)
brookes

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thanks for the tutorial. I have a question regarding directories.
1) Does content HAVE to go in the same directory as the install? I have all my programs on another partition (D:Programs) and all my content on a different drive (E:Graphics). This makes stuff a lot easier to back up and keeps programs from filling up the C: drive (I keep it just for windows and the swap drive).
2) Does the content folder HAVE to be named 'My Daz Library'? Can't I name it whatever I want as long as I tell the content manager where it is?

Thanks for your help.
matt  
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:04:18 PM(UTC)
matt

I'll answer this in parts. 

Originally Posted by: brookes Go to Quoted Post
1) Does content HAVE to go in the same directory as the install? I have all my programs on another partition (D:Programs) and all my content on a different drive (E:Graphics). This makes stuff a lot easier to back up and keeps programs from filling up the C: drive (I keep it just for windows and the swap drive).

To my knowledge, as long as Studio knows where to find it, you should be OK. Personally, I have my all of my software installed on my 'E' drive, since my 'C' drive is an SSD and not a very big one. But, I've read on here multiple times about others successfully using a different drive for their content, as long as Studio knows where to look. 

2) Does the content folder HAVE to be named 'My Daz Library'? Can't I name it whatever I want as long as I tell the content manager where it is?

Thanks for your help.

This, I'm not sure of, honestly. Again, assuming that Studio knows where to look, the folder could probably be called 'Brookes Big Fat Book of Bimbos' and it wouldn't matter, but I've never tried it. 

BrimstoneOmega  
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:23:49 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

I'll answer this in parts. 

To my knowledge, as long as Studio knows where to find it, you should be OK. Personally, I have my all of my software installed on my 'E' drive, since my 'C' drive is an SSD and not a very big one. But, I've read on here multiple times about others successfully using a different drive for their content, as long as Studio knows where to look. 

Thanks for your help.

This, I'm not sure of, honestly. Again, assuming that Studio knows where to look, the folder could probably be called 'Brookes Big Fat Book of Bimbos' and it wouldn't matter, but I've never tried it. 

Matt is right, you can name them anything you want and have them on any drive you want. 

BrimstoneOmega attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2021-02-04 192252.png
thanks 2 users thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
matt on 2/4/2021(UTC), brookes on 2/5/2021(UTC)
brookes  
#32 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 6:44:41 AM(UTC)
brookes

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thanks Brimstone.
I'm going to name my new (properly organized this time) directory "Really sick twisted perverted shit that no one knows about and please shred this drive if you find me slumped over dead at the computer".

On a serious note, I too have an SSD for my boot drive. I try to keep it lean by ensuring that programs don't put their files there. Studio is bad for this. A few others are likewise. I have Photoshop and Blender installed on it
and keep everything else on a conventional drive. As SSD's get cheaper and bigger I'm hoping to install another one that I can use for programs. As my graphics computer doesn't go online, there's a lot of shit I don't have to install on it. I do use it for games on occasion, but I load one up, play it, then uninstall it.
Thanks folks!
Grexx  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:15:40 AM(UTC)
Grexx

HI everyone! 

I've used renderotica products for a while now! I am just starting to get into G8 and Iray, I have held onto my dinosaur ways with the M4 and V4 3Delight for years.  Most stuff for those figures comes with a poser component. I simply click on "add runtime" in my content library and link the folder and no issues. 

I have recently begun to use DAZ oriented stuff, obviously, with my new use of G8 and Iray.  My method for linking folders has been the same, just simply "add a base directory" and in fact that is working fine for all but a few third party products.  

In those cases I have reached out to the artist to check in to see if I can make the folder pathing more likable to DAZ.  I can't seem to locate and email for one artist and all his stuff presents this problem to me.

I'm going to try to insert/attach some screens to show what I'm talking about. But it seems I am a desperate noob I have checked the box to attach files, but I don't see an icon in the upper tool bar. 

Thanks for reading and I am grateful for any advice you may lend. 

PS someone mentioned earlier a means to install third party produces through DIM! I am very interested in learning how to do that, if you feel so inclines to share!  

Thanks! 

Grexx attached the following image(s):
cuff2.png
cuffs.png
cuff3.png
bg3allTexpathing.png
vunter error.png
Grexx  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:21:43 AM(UTC)
Grexx

Some of these are for different products! the various errors! But it's what occurs each time I attempt to use one from this artist. 

On the other hand...this item appears perfectly in DAZ simply by using an "add base directory" method. 

In this screen a renderotica product from a different artists...appears with no issue and the mats apply seamlessly.

So what is the difference I am missing between the two products? 

Grexx attached the following image(s):
mats applied.png
Optika  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:23:49 AM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Hey guys,

don't know if you are familiar but there is a product over at DAZ called ContentWizard bei RiverSoft Art which does everything (and more). Only requirement is that your product ZIP does have all relevant library folders in root (like "data", "people", "runtime" etc.). If that is the case then you only throw the ZIP plus a picture at Content Wizard and it:
- Analyzes the ZIP
- Installs everything to the proper folders
- Creates the metadata
- Creates a dedicated installer (for future installations)

My workflow is as follows:
- I download a purchased product to my local store archive
- If the product comes with several ZIPs I merge everything in one ZIP (not necessary with ContentWizard) and optimize the people folder (make sure that there is a vendor folder etc.).
- Then I do the content wizard process with first installation and installer creation.
- If it is a character or morph (studio gets slower the more characters you have) I manually uninstall the files again. Then I throw the created installer into the packages folder from DIM (make sure that you don't delete installers after installation in DIM). Then I install again from DIM. Benefit: Now my 3rd party product is in DIM and I can install/uninstall conveniently from there.

Trust me. ContentWizard is a jewel! I was used to only work with the library folder. Now I am 90% smart content and only refer to the library folder every now and then.

Grexx  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:40:19 AM(UTC)
Grexx

You are able to install non-Daz purchased items through the DIM? How?
Grexx  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 12:01:21 PM(UTC)
Grexx

Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post

Hey guys,

don't know if you are familiar but there is a product over at DAZ called ContentWizard bei RiverSoft Art which does everything (and more). Only requirement is that your product ZIP does have all relevant library folders in root (like "data", "people", "runtime" etc.). If that is the case then you only throw the ZIP plus a picture at Content Wizard and it:
- Analyzes the ZIP
- Installs everything to the proper folders
- Creates the metadata
- Creates a dedicated installer (for future installations)

My workflow is as follows:
- I download a purchased product to my local store archive
- If the product comes with several ZIPs I merge everything in one ZIP (not necessary with ContentWizard) and optimize the people folder (make sure that there is a vendor folder etc.).
- Then I do the content wizard process with first installation and installer creation.
- If it is a character or morph (studio gets slower the more characters you have) I manually uninstall the files again. Then I throw the created installer into the packages folder from DIM (make sure that you don't delete installers after installation in DIM). Then I install again from DIM. Benefit: Now my 3rd party product is in DIM and I can install/uninstall conveniently from there.

Trust me. ContentWizard is a jewel! I was used to only work with the library folder. Now I am 90% smart content and only refer to the library folder every now and then.

I'm going to give this a try Optika. I'll reach out again here if you don't mind and let you know!

It's on sale at DAZ shop.  https://www.daz3d.com/content-wizard

Alex3  
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 4:07:49 AM(UTC)
Alex3

<p>

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
@matt: &quot;It sounds to me like you&#39;re dropping them in the wrong folder. I assume you have Daz Install Manager set up to correctly install all of your content that you get from DAZ, so if you do, you can open it and see where the correct install path lies.<br /> Open your DIM and click the little gear icon at the top right. It will open a popup that has four tabs. Click the Installation tab, and at the bottom, you&#39;ll see a box that says &#39;label&#39; and &#39;path&#39;. The folder address under &#39;path&#39; is where your content should go. Hope this helps.&quot;<br /> I agree, That was why I was recommending he checks the folder he is currently using, which seems to me to be the &#39;personal&#39; one for want of a better term.
</p>

Thanks for this. I gave up some months ago when I couldn't make any progress with my installation problems with non Daz content but I'm coming back to it now and hope to be abe to follow more clearly what you advise. So I've gone back to this post. I can't check the DIM as you advise because when I click the little gear at the top right I don't see four tabs. What I see is:

Basic Settings

Advanced Settings

Default Install Sets

Show Log

Show Helper Log

I got further than this when I posted before but now I can't even do this as you advise. Please help again. Thanks, Alex

Twisted_Pencil  
#39 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:52:42 AM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hi Alex,

As Matt pointed out a while back this is a common issue we have all struggled with at some point.
I am thinking of having a go at a guide but it's quite a complex thing to describe in full yet clearly so that may take a while.

In the mean time can you be a bit more specific about a content item in particular and the issue you have with that and I may be able to help, I have installed quite a bit of content manually.

Sorry if you have mentioned specifics above, I'm just very lazy.

I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
matt  
#40 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 7:10:32 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: Alex3 Go to Quoted Post

<p>

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
@matt: &quot;It sounds to me like you&#39;re dropping them in the wrong folder. I assume you have Daz Install Manager set up to correctly install all of your content that you get from DAZ, so if you do, you can open it and see where the correct install path lies.<br /> Open your DIM and click the little gear icon at the top right. It will open a popup that has four tabs. Click the Installation tab, and at the bottom, you&#39;ll see a box that says &#39;label&#39; and &#39;path&#39;. The folder address under &#39;path&#39; is where your content should go. Hope this helps.&quot;<br /> I agree, That was why I was recommending he checks the folder he is currently using, which seems to me to be the &#39;personal&#39; one for want of a better term.
</p>

Thanks for this. I gave up some months ago when I couldn't make any progress with my installation problems with non Daz content but I'm coming back to it now and hope to be abe to follow more clearly what you advise. So I've gone back to this post. I can't check the DIM as you advise because when I click the little gear at the top right I don't see four tabs. What I see is:

Basic Settings

Advanced Settings

Default Install Sets

Show Log

Show Helper Log

I got further than this when I posted before but now I can't even do this as you advise. Please help again. Thanks, Alex

The one you want is 'Basic Settings'. Click it, and you'll get a popup box that shows where DAZ wants to put the files. You can change them here, as well.

The one you want to look at is called 'Content Base Path'. You can see here that I've changed mine from my C drive to my E drive. You don't have to change it, but I put all of my Program Files on a tertiary drive, some people even put them on an external drive, but by default, DAZ will install to C drive. 

Edited by user Saturday, April 17, 2021 7:13:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarity

matt attached the following image(s):
Capture.JPG