2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnsmith1000  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 9:37:08 PM(UTC)
johnsmith1000

I apologize in advance but I looked around and all I find are comments on Futulicious, I didn't see anything for the Genitalia (Genesis 8).

I have installed it in the exact way it tells me to install in the read me[1] and in the PDF [2], and I find it in the My Library section. The problem is its a block when I load the genitalia (custom model or generic genesis 8 female), and it tells me it cant find "data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia/goldenpalace_2254.dsf"

I have read the included tutorial and I just can't see what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

[1] - C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\

[2] - C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

nightwolf1982  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:19:08 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
You should only install GP to ONE directory, the same one as your G8F is installed to. The directories listed in the readme and PDF are examples of typical installation locations, but won't necessarily be the same as your personal installation directory.
thanks 1 user thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
johnsmith1000 on 10/28/2017(UTC)
johnsmith1000  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:47:54 AM(UTC)
johnsmith1000

I installed it into the same directory [1] and it's still showing as a block, with the same error. I even tried putting it in the actual G8F directory, and it still couldn't 'find' the file.
Thank you but it looks like this isn't gonna happen, I'll have to find something else. Thank you again

[1] - C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People (all my genesis figures are in that directory)
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 3:20:27 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)
If the gens are showing as a blocks, it means that the \data folder of the zip isn't merged with the \data folder of your daz library (probably the Runtime folder isn't installed where it should be as well). The 'data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia/goldenpalace_2254.dsf' is where the info about the geometry is and if it isn't located in the exact folder (data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia) where it should be, you get the blocks.

Try to open side by side the .zip folder and your My Library one. Drag and drop the data and runtime folders from the zip to the MyLibrary folder general area (be careful not to drag the zip data folder in the My Library data one... otherwise it'll go in a sub-folder. Remember, you need to merge the folders, if something goes into a subfolder, the path will be broken, and the needed files won't be found.
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
johnsmith1000 on 10/28/2017(UTC)
johnsmith1000  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:24:11 PM(UTC)
johnsmith1000

Thank you that worked perfectly! I appreciate the help and love the product!
Meipe  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 1:08:08 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Shanzie on 4/3/2018(UTC)
Jerrai  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2018 10:36:10 AM(UTC)
Jerrai

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
If the gens are showing as a blocks, it means that the \data folder of the zip isn't merged with the \data folder of your daz library (probably the Runtime folder isn't installed where it should be as well). The 'data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia/goldenpalace_2254.dsf' is where the info about the geometry is and if it isn't located in the exact folder (data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia) where it should be, you get the blocks.

Ok, sorry, haha, but I'm at a loss here. I'm sure I'm just stupid but I've double checked to make sure that :

A) The GP folder was placed in the exact location specified by the READ ME instructions for GP (Extract the contents of the .zip file into your main DAZ folder. It will be something like C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\) and

B) The paths I quoted you on above were intact. They are. Here's a screen shot from my system:

And yet, the GP still displays as a box. Why?

You then provided a solution, but again, I'm lost (no doubt, again, to stupidity). 

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
Try to open side by side the .zip folder and your My Library one. Drag and drop the data and runtime folders from the zip to the MyLibrary folder general area (be careful not to drag the zip data folder in the My Library data one... otherwise it'll go in a sub-folder. Remember, you need to merge the folders, if something goes into a subfolder, the path will be broken, and the needed files won't be found.

Maybe you could rephrase this bit for us stupid people? ;)  I'm a bit lost when you say I should drag the data folder from the zip folder into the MyLibrary folder "general area." AT this point, all that's located in the MyLibrary folder is the unzipped GP folder I put there according to the READ ME install instructions. It seems here you're saying that path should be MyLibrary/data....

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help, and again, please excuse my stupidity

Meipe  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:36:12 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Jerrai on 2/4/2018(UTC)
Jerrai  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 12:21:54 PM(UTC)
Jerrai

That did the trick. A picture is worth a thousand words, etc..... :)

Thank you very much!! Oh, and the GP looks wonderful, btw!

So just one more question, when you get a chance. The GP looks fantastic on the standard G3 female; however, when I try to use it on a model made for G3, (in this case Mallorie for G3), the GP doesn't work very well. Here's a screen shot of what I'm getting:

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Thanks again, Meipe!

matt  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Jerrai Go to Quoted Post

That did the trick. A picture is worth a thousand words, etc..... :)

Thank you very much!! Oh, and the GP looks wonderful, btw!

So just one more question, when you get a chance. The GP looks fantastic on the standard G3 female; however, when I try to use it on a model made for G3, (in this case Mallorie for G3), the GP doesn't work very well. Here's a screen shot of what I'm getting:

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Thanks again, Meipe!

What UV set are you using on the character? Some of the DAZ character sets use very different UV's that can cause the crotch to get weird.

thanks 1 user thanked matt for this useful post.
Jerrai on 2/4/2018(UTC)
Jerrai  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 1:37:34 PM(UTC)
Jerrai

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

What UV set are you using on the character? Some of the DAZ character sets use very different UV's that can cause the crotch to get weird.

Thanks for the response! :)

I tried both the UV sttings that came with GP (G3 and Victoria IIRC), and neither did anything to change that.

matt  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:30:16 PM(UTC)
matt

Thanks for the response! :)

I tried both the UV sttings that came with GP (G3 and Victoria IIRC), and neither did anything to change that.

Hmmm. Try loading your character without any gens, load the base G3F materials, and then load the Golden Palace. If that doesn't fix it, I'll leave it to Meipe. :)

thanks 2 users thanked matt for this useful post.
Jerrai on 2/4/2018(UTC), Meipe on 2/5/2018(UTC)
Jerrai  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 10:21:30 PM(UTC)
Jerrai

Hmmm. Try loading your character without any gens, load the base G3F materials, and then load the Golden Palace. If that doesn't fix it, I'll leave it to Meipe. :)

That seemed to do the trick on two of the models. Thanks so much Matt!!

I am getting weird error messages on another G3 model, where I can't apply the script. It's a selection error that says "Select G3 model and try again." The problem is, the model IS selected. It seems the GP works better on some models than others?

Any way, thank you for the aid so far. :D

matt  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 1:55:01 AM(UTC)
matt

That seemed to do the trick on two of the models. Thanks so much Matt!!

I am getting weird error messages on another G3 model, where I can't apply the script. It's a selection error that says "Select G3 model and try again." The problem is, the model IS selected. It seems the GP works better on some models than others?

Any way, thank you for the aid so far. :D

I've never had a problem loading it on any figure, so I'm not sure what to think. If it's based on G3F, it should load with no problem....

Meipe  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 3:05:39 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Maybe you are using a custom character whose name was edited, so the the script don't recognize it. Try to use a default G3F, load the character textures on it and dial the shape you need in the shaping tab.

Elladdan  
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:21:30 AM(UTC)
Elladdan

I know, Im stupid but what is wrong?

Elladdan attached the following image(s):
GP01.jpg
GP02.jpg
GP03.jpg
surody  
#17 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 3:56:09 AM(UTC)
surody

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Elladdan Go to Quoted Post

You are in the wrong folder, take a better look at the description. You need "default" in the "GoldenPalace_Genitalia" folder, not "G3F_GoldenPalace_Genitalia"

Elladdan  
#18 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 7:33:36 AM(UTC)
Elladdan

Originally Posted by: surody Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Elladdan Go to Quoted Post

You are in the wrong folder, take a better look at the description. You need "default" in the "GoldenPalace_Genitalia" folder, not "G3F_GoldenPalace_Genitalia"

Ok... but... this is direct drag and past from zip file :)

Meipe  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 2:17:57 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Sorry for the late reply, I was super-busy... ;)

I guess you purchased by mistake the Golden Palace for G3F 'update' instead of the full version... The missing file is included in Golden Palace fof G8F.

In case you aren't interested by GP for G8F, you may mail to to store manager, and ask how to get the full version:

http://www.renderotica.c...ace-For-Genesis-3-Female

instead of:

http://www.renderotica.c...s-3-Female-GP-G8F-Update
Tedd2016  
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2018 3:07:42 PM(UTC)
Tedd2016

Can the GP shell color "that darkish pink" be edited to a different color without the other parts affected? If so how? Thanks