41 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#121 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 2:53:19 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AB Go to Quoted Post
This is great if you have any idea how to do whatever Xameva did - but I don't. I am finding it really difficult to get the gens to match the skin.
I have owned the gens for some time, but have only just tried to use them and I can't get any natural-looking female to match. V7 with her metallic skin is fine, but I want to use my own figure based on G3, and the gens just come out weird.
I am sure it is my fault, but would welcome an idot guide to applying the right mats (assuming they are what I need.
Thanks

Okay... I think I maybe misread.

So you are using your own textures on your own figure?
What UV did you use to wrap the textures around?

Here's Carmilla for V7, 3delight materials. The scripts can handle both 3delight and Iray, but if the scripts don't have the right UV, then it can be an issue.

I am not sure if the figure illustrated is my own skin, but I will try to amend my own textures to meet the official names as 3Feetwolf suggests - I hadn't realised there is a standardised terminology.
I have had a similar problem with 'standard figures, though (including new TJ) whereby white (?fungal) growths edge the genitals themselves. As I am rarely interested in actually portraying genitals it hasn't psrticularly worried me, but I want the facility, if you know what I mean.

Hi, have you solved the problem?
3feetwolf  
#122 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 2:54:34 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
(Cue the moment 3feetwolf loves...)
"Aaaannnd Teen Josie 7 is out!"

smile

Lol, thank you for reminding :)

I can never resist a joke that works on repetition :)

hungry
3feetwolf  
#123 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:04:38 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thank cheesymaid and nightwolf,
Although I could not find the reason temporarily, but I will create correction morph for each new figure.
WritenWrong  
#124 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:35:36 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
http://www.daz3d.com/lad...e-for-genesis-3-female-s

Just bougth the lady rune and when using the eyebrow item (a smart prop), it stops gens 7 from having a texture; renders grey; deleting the smart prop shows the texture.
3feetwolf  
#125 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 10:25:13 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
http://www.daz3d.com/lady-rune-for-genesis-3-female-s

Just bougth the lady rune and when using the eyebrow item (a smart prop), it stops gens 7 from having a texture; renders grey; deleting the smart prop shows the texture.

It seems that I've seen the same problem in some places ...
Have you ever tried to add V7 gens first and then use this eyebrow item?

WritenWrong  
#126 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 12:04:35 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

http://www.daz3d.com/lady-rune-for-genesis-3-female-s

It seems that I've seen the same problem in some places ...
Have you ever tried to add V7 gens first and then use this eyebrow item?

Yes. The same happens, adding it before or after. The texture always comes back when deleting the eyebrow prop.

The texture doesn't disappear when adding it to the gens 7 instead of the G3F, but the prop is invisible then (or I can't find it and I have looked). confused

It also appears and reappears when making invisible or visible; out of curiosity I placed it on the hair, and it only made part of the hair invisible; it looked like any hair outside the bounding box for the eyebrow prop was not affected, but I can't be sure about that.

EDIT
I checked the surfaces of the eyebrow prop. As well as having all the surfaces that the prop has, it also had the four surfaces the gens have.

It seems to work if I set the opacity to zero for the four options in surfaces that shouldn't be there; the various New Gens V7 surfaces.

Edited by user Friday, September 25, 2015 12:24:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WritenWrong attached the following image(s):
eyebrow prop.jpg
wikman  
#127 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:02:48 AM(UTC)
wikman

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah, we'll need a version for TJ7 of course drool cute - not that we'd ever use it on her without making sure to age her to where she looks 20+... derp

I don't own the 3feetworlf NewGens for V7 yet, to be honest - I'm waiting for the updated version for G2F, because that's the model I base most of my characters on - I just wanted to say that I've read this thread through and am struck by how AWESOME your customer support is, 3feetwolf. No-one does product support better than you! Cudos!
3feetwolf  
#128 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:41:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Yes. The same happens, adding it before or after. The texture always comes back when deleting the eyebrow prop.

The texture doesn't disappear when adding it to the gens 7 instead of the G3F, but the prop is invisible then (or I can't find it and I have looked). confused

It also appears and reappears when making invisible or visible; out of curiosity I placed it on the hair, and it only made part of the hair invisible; it looked like any hair outside the bounding box for the eyebrow prop was not affected, but I can't be sure about that.

EDIT
I checked the surfaces of the eyebrow prop. As well as having all the surfaces that the prop has, it also had the four surfaces the gens have.

It seems to work if I set the opacity to zero for the four options in surfaces that shouldn't be there; the various New Gens V7 surfaces.

Sorry I just arrived at home, I will get this character and do some tests tomorrow.
3feetwolf  
#129 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:48:46 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: wikman Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, we'll need a version for TJ7 of course drool cute - not that we'd ever use it on her without making sure to age her to where she looks 20+... derp

I don't own the 3feetworlf NewGens for V7 yet, to be honest - I'm waiting for the updated version for G2F, because that's the model I base most of my characters on - I just wanted to say that I've read this thread through and am struck by how AWESOME your customer support is, 3feetwolf. No-one does product support better than you! Cudos!

Thank you :)

Now I'm focus on the new version of V6 gens, maybe a few days later I can post some renderings.
WritenWrong  
#130 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 1:55:12 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

EDIT

Sorry I just arrived at home, I will get this character and do some tests tomorrow.

I hate to think you'll be buying it just to see the problem; I have a workround, so as long as it continues to work, don't worry about it.
3feetwolf  
#131 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 3:22:00 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

EDIT

I hate to think you'll be buying it just to see the problem; I have a workround, so as long as it continues to work, don't worry about it.

It is ok.

I have modified the script to fix the texture problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/...20For%20Victoria%207.dsa

You just need to select Rune Brow and then go to the Parameters pane, choose Shell > Surfaces.
Find out the four surfaces of the new gens and simply change them to Off.
WritenWrong  
#132 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:53:26 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

EDIT

It is ok.

I have modified the script to fix the texture problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/...20For%20Victoria%207.dsa

You just need to select Rune Brow and then go to the Parameters pane, choose Shell > Surfaces.
Find out the four surfaces of the new gens and simply change them to Off.

Thank you. Works.
void  
#133 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:59:54 PM(UTC)
void

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I purchased Cosette at Daz about a week ago and I keep running into a texture issue with the new gens every time I apply it to her. Whenever I pose Cosette everything looks fine with the new gens until I render. Then I can quite visibly see the seems of the new gens prop. Anyone else having this issue on any character? Ive only seen this issue happen on Cosette.
WritenWrong  
#134 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:13:24 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Originally Posted by: void Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I purchased Cosette at Daz about a week ago and I keep running into a texture issue with the new gens every time I apply it to her. Whenever I pose Cosette everything looks fine with the new gens until I render. Then I can quite visibly see the seems of the new gens prop. Anyone else having this issue on any character? Ive only seen this issue happen on Cosette.

Maybe the fact it is an HD character, otherwise no idea; don't own the character, and not had any issues with the HD I own, and does seem to be based of the default UVs.

Load the default female; then load the textures onto the character, not the morphs, and see how they look.
void  
#135 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:51:17 PM(UTC)
void

Hi everyone,

Maybe the fact it is an HD character, otherwise no idea; don't own the character, and not had any issues with the HD I own, and does seem to be based of the default UVs.

Load the default female; then load the textures onto the character, not the morphs, and see how they look.

Yah, I thought about that as well but its the same result whether the character is in HD or not. Ill double check though.
void  
#136 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
void

Hi everyone,

Same issue. I loaded the base female with the textures and no morphs and got the same seams.
3feetwolf  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:57:26 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi everyone,

Hello,

Cosette comes with displacement maps, which will conflict with the displacement template of new gens. Slit appears between new gens prop and body.
So I recommend removing the displacement map of new gens if you want to render the whole body. Or if you want to render close-up of the new gens, remove the displacement maps of character's torso and thigh. I hope this can help you.

void  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:59:41 AM(UTC)
void

Hi everyone,

Hello,

Cosette comes with displacement maps, which will conflict with the displacement template of new gens. Slit appears between new gens prop and body.
So I recommend removing the displacement map of new gens if you want to render the whole body. Or if you want to render close-up of the new gens, remove the displacement maps of character's torso and thigh. I hope this can help you.

Thanks Wolf,

Ill check it out.
nightwolf1982  
#139 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:46:10 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Not to be weird or anything, but any word on Teen Josie 7?
tattooedillusions  
#140 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:23:18 AM(UTC)
tattooedillusions

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Last I heard, if I remember right, is that 3fw's focus right now is getting the new upgraded gens for V6 done first then an update for TJ. I could be wrong on this but I think I remember reading that in another thread about a week or two ago.