4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
evacyn  
#41 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 4:45:10 PM(UTC)
evacyn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looks great - I'm having fun playing around with it the past few days :)

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I can't figure out, but on G9 there seems to be a conflict between OOT hair caps and the decal. At least that's what I think it is. With the hair on, it looks like there's a shadow/outline for the hair cap, but it disappears when the hair is removed. I haven't checked other hair, but I know OOT hair sometimes needs tweaking for poke-through.
Thunder-3D  
#42 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 9:57:42 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 160 post(s)

Originally Posted by: evacyn Go to Quoted Post
Looks great - I'm having fun playing around with it the past few days :)

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I can't figure out, but on G9 there seems to be a conflict between OOT hair caps and the decal. At least that's what I think it is. With the hair on, it looks like there's a shadow/outline for the hair cap, but it disappears when the hair is removed. I haven't checked other hair, but I know OOT hair sometimes needs tweaking for poke-through.

I love OOT hairs, they're my favorite.

However, I run into the same issue. I fix this by selecting the hair and increasing the head size slider to around 10% and the forehead depth to around 5%, that usually fixes it.

evacyn  
#43 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2022 10:13:51 AM(UTC)
evacyn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Awesome -thanks, T3D! It was the forehead depth :)

BTW - looking forward to your expansions for the set. Happy New Year!
thanks 1 user thanked evacyn for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 12/31/2022(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 5:22:37 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Any timelines when other add-ons like baby oil and what not will be out? I like this new version a lot, but would like to see the full range of add-ons upgraded to the new version.
BigBlueProstatePoker  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2023 11:16:02 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

I'm having an issue using this with the last Daz official release: 4.21.0.5.

When I load the shell on Genesis 8 Male it's not loading any of the maps. If I change any of the settings for gloss and drop type, it doesn't change anything. Opacity and refraction does work. The decals work, but the shell does not. I also do not get an error message.

Works fine when I tried it on Daz beta 4.20.1.58.

Any thoughts?
Thunder-3D  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 9:53:07 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Originally Posted by: BigBlueProstatePoker Go to Quoted Post
Any timelines when other add-ons like baby oil and what not will be out? I like this new version a lot, but would like to see the full range of add-ons upgraded to the new version.

I'm submitting a pack this morning that adds Fades to the shell droplet patterns, more info coming shortly :)

Once that is done I'm getting to work on sweat and baby oil :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Akirael on 1/12/2023(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 9:56:21 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

When I load the shell on Genesis 8 Male it's not loading any of the maps. If I change any of the settings for gloss and drop type, it doesn't change anything. Opacity and refraction does work. The decals work, but the shell does not. I also do not get an error message.

Any thoughts?

I've been working with that version developing the drop fades pack, no issues that I can see. Are you making sure to use the correct shell/material folder set for the character?

BigBlueProstatePoker  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

Any thoughts?

I've been working with that version developing the drop fades pack, no issues that I can see. Are you making sure to use the correct shell/material folder set for the character?

It appears to be when I load an existing scene and then apply USM to it. It's something in the script that's unhappy.

I found a workaround where I saved a material preset with a loaded USM on it from a new scene. I then went back into the saved scene, loaded USM, it still loaded incorrectly, but then applied the material preset to it that I saved manually earlier.

When I apply that material preset to the USM shell in the scene, the maps load correctly, and then loading one of the scripts to change the drop type works.

It's a workaround, but wouldn't mind knowing what happened.

Thunder-3D  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 10:52:45 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Any thoughts?

It appears to be when I load an existing scene and then apply USM to it. It's something in the script that's unhappy.

I found a workaround where I saved a material preset with a loaded USM on it from a new scene. I then went back into the saved scene, loaded USM, it still loaded incorrectly, but then applied the material preset to it that I saved manually earlier.

When I apply that material preset to the USM shell in the scene, the maps load correctly, and then loading one of the scripts to change the drop type works.

It's a workaround, but wouldn't mind knowing what happened.

If possible, please save a copy of the scene file and email it to me at the email in the readme and I'll see what happens, I'm curious as well. :)

Thunder-3D  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 11:01:02 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

FADES submitted! This Add-On pack adds chest and hip fades to your CORE Soaking Wet Water presets to give you more control over your figures wet appearance! COMING SOON!

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Akirael on 1/12/2023(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 12:44:44 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

I seem to have found a common connection. If I apply USM to a figure in an existing scene it's loading the shell and the settings, but not the maps. This holds true for the current release and beta. I've had this now with every scene that I've loaded and applied USM G8M to.
Thunder-3D  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 1:10:32 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

I seem to have found a common connection. If I apply USM to a figure in an existing scene it's loading the shell and the settings, but not the maps. This holds true for the current release and beta. I've had this now with every scene that I've loaded and applied USM G8M to.

When you apply the shell, it has no maps by default. The maps are loaded when you apply a material preset. :)

Are you selecting the G8M figure before you apply the Shell?

Are you applying the G8M shell to a G8M character?

Are you applying material presets from the G8M folder?

Are you getting any error messages?

Are you viewing the figure in IRAY preview?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2023 1:16:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BigBlueProstatePoker  
#53 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 9:26:29 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Any news on updates or add-ons? I've like the new version a lot and have the fade add-ons, and surprised there hasn't been more released.

Would love to see the baby oil add-on and would be great if there was like foam and soap add on to go with the wet pack. Like someone washing the car or taking a bubble bath type of deal.
thanks 1 user thanked BigBlueProstatePoker for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 2/15/2023(UTC)
Oxidation1988  
#54 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 9:33:19 PM(UTC)
Oxidation1988

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Any news on updates or add-ons? I've like the new version a lot and have the fade add-ons, and surprised there hasn't been more released.

Would love to see the baby oil add-on and would be great if there was like foam and soap add on to go with the wet pack. Like someone washing the car or taking a bubble bath type of deal.

I read previously that he was going to add those. Not sure when they will be released though. I am looking forward to them as well the soap one for sure XD.

thanks 1 user thanked Oxidation1988 for this useful post.
Thunder-3D  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2023 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

I plan to submit one more Soaking Wet set, 2 new patterns tomorrow morning. The new patterns are Big Fat, Pearly drops and Fat Pearly Drops mixed with some Medium and Small drops. This set will include fades as well.

The big Pearly drops inspired me to take another look at displacement, so there will also be a separate, FREE February 2023 update that fixes a few presets and maps, AND adds a displacement option to the the USM 2 Pro CORE Soaking Wet and Fades packs. Simply download the free update and install AFTER your CORE and/or Fades set and you can activate displacement in a simple High and Low, as well as a boosted HD High and HD Low setting. The new Pearly Drops set was already designed with displacement in mind but will still need the free update installed to activate displacement.

Next up will be Sweat and Baby Oil packs. Baby Oil will still have full body shell settings but a lot more baby oil decals, sweat will be mostly decal based also. Not sure if displacement will work on this because decals can't access the displacement channel properly, but we'll see :)

After that I plan to do some other materials like bodily fluids, but for some things like sand and suds/soap, there's already some great products out there that are decal based and I don't "think" I could improve on them. That's not a no, just an "I'll try it and see".

After that I really want to get back to poses. I have a huge backlog of pose set concepts for G8/G9 as well as a big G9 expression set to get done :)

Ok, getting back to work now as I'm trying to hit the 12noon deadline tomorrow to get Pearly Drops and the FREE Update in your hands by Friday :D

thanks 3 users thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Oxidation1988 on 2/14/2023(UTC), Akirael on 2/14/2023(UTC), haruchai on 2/15/2023(UTC)
hig27  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 6:54:04 AM(UTC)
hig27

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

but for some things like sand and suds/soap, there's already some great products out there that are decal based and I don't "think" I could improve on them. That's not a no, just an "I'll try it and see".

Regardless I still hope that you will take a look into it as I never found any convincing soapy or sandy shell, even less as flexible as your USM products

thanks 1 user thanked hig27 for this useful post.
Thunder-3D  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 1:16:58 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

2 New products coming soon!

Big Pearly Drops brings a set of denser, plump beautiful drops as well as Pearly Drops mixed with medium and small drops, complete with Chest and Hip fades!

Also we've submitted a February 2023 FREE Update that enables Displacement as well as a few fixes to the Male G8 Shell and map updates!

We can't wait to see what you do with these new packs!

kcam001  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 10:49:18 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Done some experiments and the decal tool works extremely well with the wetFX decal and shader kit. Its not perfect but it's still a good workaround if your getting soap on your characters. Add that along with the USM shell and presets plus the soap suds iRay for the face arms and legs you'll still get a good image from them. The only real issue with the wetFX kit is that you have to re-size and rotate quite a lot to get a realistic look to it. Couldn't get the decal tool working with futalicious though sadly. wouldn't mind getting some more soap presets assuming you can get it to work hopefully whether its decal or shell.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 15, 2023 11:04:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kcam001 attached the following image(s):
decaltest.jpg
BigBlueProstatePoker  
#59 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2023 5:23:29 PM(UTC)
BigBlueProstatePoker

Don't sell yourself short, Thunder3D. You really make high quality products and have been impressed with the new USM 2 and pretty much have wallet ready to go if you release more add-ons.

Can't wait to see more.
thanks 1 user thanked BigBlueProstatePoker for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 2/17/2023(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#60 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2023 7:17:32 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Hey guys and gals, just want to point out as you play with the new Displacement settings, remember the old saying "Less is more" because you can seriously overdo the displacement 

Also any of the displacement settings, opacity, refraction strength etc. can be manually adjusted in the materials tab. Experiment and have fun!