Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rev3D  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 2:36:15 PM(UTC)
Rev3D

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Hi all,

I'm wanting to add a dirt effect to my character specifically this one https://www.daz3d.com/skin-effects-adventures-vol1-for-genesis-8-81-and-9-females and I'm wondering if there is a way to get breatacular and GoldenPalace to also have the dirt effect. Currently they both look like this with the dirt effect applied. 

If someone knows a way of getting this to work I'd be very grateful thanks.

gmretoica623  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 4:07:04 PM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Select the dirt shell and select the body surface. Then save it as a shader preset. Then, select the geograft surfaces (still on the dirt shell) and apply the shader preset. The UV set for these surfaces should be the same as the surfaces for geograft (the geograft itself, not its shell). For example, in the dirt shell for the golden palace surfaces, the UV should be "default UVs."

You may need to adjust the offset distance of the dirt shell for it appear properly on top of the geograft surfaces.

Edited by user Saturday, January 20, 2024 4:13:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked gmretoica623 for this useful post.
k_shiro on 1/20/2024(UTC), kanshinin on 1/21/2024(UTC), Meipe on 1/23/2024(UTC)
Rev3D  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2024 7:28:48 PM(UTC)
Rev3D

Originally Posted by: gmretoica623 Go to Quoted Post

Select the dirt shell and select the body surface. Then save it as a shader preset. Then, select the geograft surfaces (still on the dirt shell) and apply the shader preset. The UV set for these surfaces should be the same as the surfaces for geograft (the geograft itself, not its shell). For example, in the dirt shell for the golden palace surfaces, the UV should be "default UVs."

You may need to adjust the offset distance of the dirt shell for it appear properly on top of the geograft surfaces.

Thank you for the reply I'll have a try and see if this works.

Rev3D  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2024 3:10:22 PM(UTC)
Rev3D

Originally Posted by: gmretoica623 Go to Quoted Post

Finally got round to trying this out and just want to say thank you very much this worked straight away <3

thanks 1 user thanked Rev3D for this useful post.
gmretoica623 on 2/4/2024(UTC)