2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
contedesfees  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 5:55:51 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 530 time(s) in 511 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Hellboy Go to Quoted Post
Actually a Platinum Club membership will give you access to 100s of content around $4, which is MUCH cheaper than buying Victoria 4/La Femme and content at other stores (not even mentioning their limitations and lack of quality/modern-day content).

A worthy point. A Platinum Club membership, at a modest $US70 a year, is a sensible investment. And yes, Victoria 4 can't complete with a Genesis 8 Female. I would argue, however, that Victoria 4 is still viable in Poser and renders very nicely there given the appropriate render options. Further, she has plenty of quality content, although, admittedly, it's as old as she is, with nothing new coming to the marketplace. Not even a pair of carpet slippers.

Live long and render
Felasco  
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 3:40:07 AM(UTC)
Felasco

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
@Zaavaleta - thanks for your report.

I haven't been on Daz for a couple years so I can't really add to what you've shared. However, my instinct radar came to pretty much the same conclusion when I was there. It was tricky because on one hand I was a 3D newbie at the time and so any confusion was reasonably blamed on me. But on the other hand I've been working online for 25 years and so had to rely on that experience to guide my appraisal of Daz.

Anyway, it's good there are options for folks to choose from, and the Poser realm has hardly been fully successful in pleasing everyone either. *deleted* recently killed all older versions of Poser and forced all users in to the latest version. That wasn't a problem for me as I arrived after the change, but there were some folks who got a bit hysterical about it.

One issue that everyone should be aware of with so many softwares today, including Poser, is that we don't actually own the software anymore like it was in the old days. The software calls home to the vendor's server regularly to validate the license, so the vendor retains ultimate control over the software. This has big implications...

For example, I paid $80 for Poser, a super reasonable price, and I'm very happy about it. But will I spend $1000 on assets knowing that I don't actually own Poser? Not so sure about that.

shadoman  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 1:54:59 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Originally Posted by: contedesfees Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Hellboy Go to Quoted Post
Actually a Platinum Club membership will give you access to 100s of content around $4, which is MUCH cheaper than buying Victoria 4/La Femme and content at other stores (not even mentioning their limitations and lack of quality/modern-day content).

A worthy point. A Platinum Club membership, at a modest $US70 a year, is a sensible investment. And yes, Victoria 4 can't complete with a Genesis 8 Female. I would argue, however, that Victoria 4 is still viable in Poser and renders very nicely there given the appropriate render options. Further, she has plenty of quality content, although, admittedly, it's as old as she is, with nothing new coming to the marketplace. Not even a pair of carpet slippers.

Platinum Club is now up to $70 a year?   Really??  It sued to be $30 ...    Wow  anything to make a buck I guess  

Regards  Shadoman 

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Hellboy  
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 11:04:52 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post
Platinum Club is now up to $70 a year?   Really??  It sued to be $30 ...    Wow  anything to make a buck I guess  

Actually the prices are much lower now... since 2013.

$29.95 used to be the initial cost, with a monthly renewal fee of $7.95

The year subscription used to be $99.95

Now it's only $70. So at $5.83 a month, just with the monthly $6 coupon you already get back the money.

And if someone just wants a one time boost of content, there is also a Quarterly Membership at $24.

Hardly anything to complain about.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
thanks 1 user thanked Hellboy for this useful post.
sumigo on 9/6/2020(UTC)
bowiefan  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:27:30 PM(UTC)
bowiefan

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I like what I see with Daz. If I were just starting out, I would go with Daz, but I'm heavily invested in props and figures with Poser so I'll stick with them. Gets harder each new version though with the old poses. Same with Daz?
shadoman  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 12:48:38 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

I would really love to see some figures with better bon structure so that a base figure body could so much more.  But like others My Poser library is so vast that about the only thing I buy now are new M4 textures, some nice hair props, and sets. I find my genre in comics is moving awy from hard bondage to the more light love bondage stuff, and one does not need a dungeon for that. soI look for nice Living room and bedroom sets that also include some go-to poses and for the bedroom some sheet poses that drape over the body like the two person prop I bought a few years back.

I do admire the images that use the genesis figures but my workload has decreased and I just cannot see the expense and I would have said the same five years ago.

I thing the only thing I hate with M4 clothing props are the huge humps in the collar and shoulders and the lack of some decent natural hair props for M4

But beyond that I am truly happy to be using poser and I can fix almost any flaw in Post work and know enough little tid bits here and there to get my renders looking good on the first pass and sometimes not using any post work at all except for adding a little contrast.

Stay well and safe everyone

Shado

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Hellboy  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 5:09:08 PM(UTC)
Hellboy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 77 post(s)

Originally Posted by: bowiefan Go to Quoted Post
I like what I see with Daz. If I were just starting out, I would go with Daz, but I'm heavily invested in props and figures with Poser so I'll stick with them. Gets harder each new version though with the old poses. Same with Daz?

You mean poses specifically? I easily converted all my poses from Genesis up to Genesis 8 with a free utility. I know there are free and paid options for Generation 3 and 4 as well, but have not gone that far back myself.

Same with the rest of content: Morphs, textures, clothing, hair... I have used Michael 3 stuff on Genesis 8 for instance.

UserPostedImage
DAZ STUDIO USER SINCE 2006
hibbli3d  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 4:32:10 PM(UTC)
hibbli3d

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: contedesfees Go to Quoted Post

You might search here for an artist/vendor who calls himself erogenesis. Also an artist named kunimasa, he hasn't posted very much lately and switched to DAZ Studio, but he did some admirable work in Poser. Hibbli3d is a vendor who used Poser to make a virtual library of erotic comics before likewise switching to DAZ Studio. shadoman is another skillful Poser vendor.

Best wishes.

i never used poser, that seems an urban legend :D even in 2010... as my journey into 3D started it felt... old... odd... and more like software from around 2000 :) tested it for around 30 minutes and then decided to go for daz studio... after some years you move more and more into more professional programs and do your stuff from there completely... like blender in my case... but for the beginning i would highly recommend daz :)

contedesfees  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 9:51:22 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 530 time(s) in 511 post(s)

Originally Posted by: hibbli3d Go to Quoted Post
i never used poser, that seems an urban legend :D even in 2010... as my journey into 3D started it felt... old... odd... and more like software from around 2000 :) tested it for around 30 minutes and then decided to go for daz studio... after some years you move more and more into more professional programs and do your stuff from there completely... like blender in my case... but for the beginning i would highly recommend daz :)

May I offer my humblest apologies? It was my honest impression that you used Poser and had only recently switched to DAZ Studio.

Live long and render
Flybgrace  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 7:04:05 PM(UTC)
Flybgrace

If you're considering using Poser and want to get a better understanding of its capabilities, there are alternative ways to do so without crossing into explicit content. You can explore galleries and showcases of Poser-generated artwork that focus on its creative and artistic aspects. This can provide you with valuable insights into what the software can achieve.
I recommend visiting *deleted* for more information about Poser, including tutorials, galleries, and discussions related to 3D modeling and animation software. This way, you can learn about Poser's potential in a manner that aligns with respectful and educational content.

Edited by moderator Wednesday, December 6, 2023 12:47:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fixer  
#31 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2023 2:16:39 AM(UTC)
Fixer

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)
I'm a long time Poser user, all my images here are done using that software, most have no postwork, some do.... You can check my gallery....
I've tried DS, but can't get into it, Poser is much more intuitive....
Centenox  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 1:48:03 AM(UTC)
Centenox

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Follow this discussion cause La Femme 2 for Poser will have soon a decent genitals!
Support the creator Darkseal and don't miss the opportunity to be part of the creation progress.

https://www.renderotica....g=0&cmsn=#post535644
Dismyker  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2024 4:55:29 AM(UTC)
Dismyker

Well, I love Poser. To see what Poser can do, you can check out tutorials, artist showcases, and official galleries. These places show off the software's potential and teach you different techniques and styles. I've seen people have done scenes from phim sex việt nam viq Poser. Those scenes are super realistic, actually. 

Edited by user Saturday, January 20, 2024 12:25:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

xxxjafoxxx  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2024 6:23:41 PM(UTC)
xxxjafoxxx

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Everything I do is poser nowadays. In the past I imported my animations to Max and rendered with Vray or Redshift, render times ranged from 2min to 30 min per frame, that sucked... with Poser13 Superfly I get similar or better renders at 3-10 seconds per frame... I think I'll stick with Poser...
Ive abandoned the default preview renders and instead created Superfly render settings that deliver 1 frame per second previews, no matter how complex the scene...IMHO if you're just starting out or a seasoned professional Poser has a lot to offer, you cant beat it for pre-viz during scene development.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2024 6:29:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Y'all have a great day.